Fasten your seatbelts........ | Page 4 | Vital Football

Fasten your seatbelts........

People laughed when it was suggested citeh would compete for the title.

City got there by cheating - alot, and got caught twice doing it; since then the dodgy sponsorship-related party deals have been overhauled and tightened up.

They may get there in the end, but there are no longer shortcuts and the PL are watching what they do like hawks and won't stop doing so anytime soon.

Their spending will be larger than normal in the short term, then they'll have to slow down as they hit the financial brick wall that their stadium represents.

FFPR are not the paper tigers they once were, clubs are audited every season now by independent auditors, one slip and they'll be in the shit - Swiss ramble did a great piece on their potential spending power over the next 5 years, unless they get very very luck in the transfer market and somehow contain their salary wage roll (which they won't), they'll top out at about £500 mill of spend of which around £150 mill has already been committed.

So, the chances of them doing a 'City' are actually pretty small.

City got there by cheating - alot, and got caught twice doing it; since then the dodgy sponsorship-related party deals have been overhauled and tightened up.

They may get there in the end, but there are no longer shortcuts and the PL are watching what they do like hawks and won't stop doing so anytime soon.

Their spending will be larger than normal in the short term, then they'll have to slow down as they hit the financial brick wall that their stadium represents.

FFPR are not the paper tigers they once were, clubs are audited every season now by independent auditors, one slip and they'll be in the shit - Swiss ramble did a great piece on their potential spending power over the next 5 years, unless they get very very luck in the transfer market and somehow contain their salary wage roll (which they won't), they'll top out at about £500 mill of spend of which around £150 mill has already been committed.

So, the chances of them doing a 'City' are actually pretty small.

Ill believe that when I see it! They will be contenders soon enough.

I can only dream we will be.

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't raise close to £150m from Sales.
Rodon £15-20m
Carter-Vickers £6m
Reguilon £30-35m
Royal £25m
Winks £20-25m
GLC £30-35m
Ndombele £25-35m
Bergwijn £25m
Total £176-201m
Shifting that many out will be extremely difficult, but we have a reasonable chance of pulling in £150m IMO.

There is some serious depth to the positive momentum Spurs are experiencing. This really isn’t hope. There’s even a bit of swagger.

Yup, 4th place, CL prestige, Conte new contract, big Enic investment, DOF starting to make a difference. Quality players linked to us. What could go wrong ?

The transition from Spursey to Arsey I’d in full swing.

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't raise close to £150m from Sales.
Rodon £15-20m
Carter-Vickers £6m
Reguilon £30-35m
Royal £25m
Winks £20-25m
GLC £30-35m
Ndombele £25-35m
Bergwijn £25m
Total £176-201m
Shifting that many out will be extremely difficult, but we have a reasonable chance of pulling in £150m IMO.
Potentially 150m is a good target to be aiming for, and should be achievable if we let these players go for sensible prices as opposed to holding out for excessive, unrealistic fees. A combined 120m for Reguilon, Royal, Winks, Lo Celso and Bergwijn is realistic and would represent good business for us.

Potentially 150m is a good target to be aiming for, and should be achievable if we let these players go for sensible prices as opposed to holding out for excessive, unrealistic fees. A combined 120m for Reguilon, Royal, Winks, Lo Celso and Bergwijn is realistic and would represent good business for us.
Agreed. I've always said that our main issue isn't the haggling over every last penny when buying players but rather expecting top dollar for those players that we no longer want. I'd happily accept missing out on a player if it meant we were trimming the squad of those guys that we don't want around anymore

I read this morning, that Winks has been told he can go this summer, £20m asking price, Scummers(Saints) interested plus 2 others I whom forget.

Yep Winks needs to be sold...need turnover in our squad...need to improve our starting lineup and also improve our overall depth. In my opinion we had no ability to flex to other options...simply because our bench was atrocious.

And along with that this can also allow us to rotate more and keep guys fresh.