Fasten your seatbelts........ | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fasten your seatbelts........

Handed on a plate or given an opportunity and taking it. Its just another way of putting it.

We scraped past Burnley with a pen after previously losing to them and just had to beat an abject Norwich with nothing to play for.

Spam fell away, Man Utd imploded a bit like we did last season.

We did take advantage of others shortcomings and I'm pleased we did.
Yep we were NOT in control of our destiny for 4th place...and Arsenal opened the door back up and we FINALLY decided to step through!

On a plate.

Sometimes you just have to take advantage of other teams failing to get their shit together.

Before January none of us expected a top 4 finish. Most thought top 6 at best.

Goes to show we have a bit of steel in us going forward. Which is great to see.

Sometimes you just have to take advantage of other teams failing to get their shit together.

I think the Liverpool performance was a real confidence booster going into the NLD. It was a game we should probably have won but it was a gutsy performance nonetheless and set us up for the final three games.

Not sure how many times we've been in CL, but a lot of them have been where other teams have fluffed their lines. Wenger's demise, Jose and the team doctor with the latest being the combo of Ole and Rangnick showing their ineptitude.

I hope the generosity continues from the money clubs.

Not sure how many times we've been in CL, but a lot of them have been where other teams have fluffed their lines. Wenger's demise, Jose and the team doctor with the latest being the combo of Ole and Rangnick showing their ineptitude.

But isn't it just the nature of things that there will always be clubs who don't play to expectations or fulfil their potential in a given season? Is it even possible for all teams to play their best at the same time?

Must admit I can't remember. Didn't we get CL once under Harry, 5 times under Poch once under Conte?

We always had the 1st 11 to get CL under Poch.

Not so much under Harry or this current Spurs team.

I have a feeling by the end of the transfer window our squad will be of a higher quality.

You just know Conte won't hold back behind the scenes.

But isn't it just the nature of things that there will always be clubs who don't play to expectations or fulfil their potential in a given season? Is it even possible for all teams to play their best at the same time?

Yeah, but it's the transitions we've taken advantage of in the race for top 4. On one hand it just gets tougher with ten Hag and Howe joining the party. Klopp, Pep, Arteta and Tuchel look stable with their clubs. Newcastle might be a year away still but I doubt Utd are.

The 22/23 season will be ultra competitive in my opinion.

Must admit I can't remember. Didn't we get CL once under Harry, 5 times under Poch once under Conte?

We always had the 1st 11 to get CL under Poch.

Not so much under Harry or this current Spurs team.

I have a feeling by the end of the transfer window our squad will be of a higher quality.

You just know Conte won't hold back behind the scenes.

We got in under Harry as Mancini's City were still a year away from dominating. Then Chelsea won the CL and we missed out whilst coming 4th.

The first year we got in under Poch was when Leicester won the league with only 81 points. No Utd, Pool or Chelsea in that top 4. After that we had our best ever season in 16/17 under Poch and deserved to be in there again in 17/18. By the 18/19 season, we were absolutely shocking in the second half of the season as everyone focused on the CL where we reached the final. Arsenal conspired to hand 4th place to us even when we had relegation form. Then we deservedly lost it.

Let's hope we can keep it this time around.

The finishing places in the PL never lie. You end up where you deserve to be.

We deserved 4th, we over-performed by most people's expectations.

Nothing, absolutely nothing ever gets handed to you in this league.

So explain Evertons performance against Arse in their last game of the season. Did Lampard not hand victory on a plate ?

Handed on a plate or given an opportunity and taking it. Its just another way of putting it.

We scraped past Burnley with a pen after previously losing to them and just had to beat an abject Norwich with nothing to play for.

Spam fell away, Man Utd imploded a bit like we did last season.

We did take advantage of others shortcomings and I'm pleased we did.

On a plate.
Gods sake Nick, it happens! we in the end took advantage, why keep looking on the down side, its in the past, what you trying to prove? or just being down right argumentative. lol!

Nothing, absolutely nothing ever gets handed to you in this league.
How hard did Arsenal have to work against Everton ?

Did Man City with their billions and Chelsea the same have to work as hard as us to achieve success or did they have success bought by the grotesque injection of money....handed on a plate by money of questionable acquisition.

:whist:

Have I missed something?

There are only two contenders for the title right now. There will be 3 in a few years once Newcastle have spaffed money away.

No news here.

Last edited: