Farman to Anfield | Vital Football

Farman to Anfield

I called it that Ramos would injure Salah early on. That’s what changed the game.
Think I'd have done him late on if I were a Liverpool player.
Failing that injured Karius and then Mignolet in the hope of getting Milner in goal

I called it that Ramos would injure Salah early on. That’s what changed the game.

Funny we heard nothing from BT (which could have been Liverpool Fan TV tonight) about how Madrid's star player was clearly unfit.

OK, I blame Zidane for starting Ronaldo under those circumstances, but it wasn't as if Salah had done much in the time he was on the pitch.

After Liverpool's initial attempt to get in the leadm the game was dominated by Real Madrid who really should have won that more comfortably, even allowing for the howlers, as they missed a lot of chances, including the ones Karius actually saved.

As it was, Ramos can be the sort of "reducer" asked for by so many fans on here after last Thursday week, however anyone who thinks that was a deliberately inflicted injury needs to remove the tin foil hat and think again.

Spend 75 million on a centre half and thrupence ha'penny on the keeper and there has to be an imbalance. It's not like Klopp hasn't been told by everyone at every opportunity that he needed a keeper and they're sitting on the balance of the Coutinho money. No sympathy really for them because this outcome was predictable. Guardiola saw what a clown Bravo was and went out and fixed it.

Funny we heard nothing from BT (which could have been Liverpool Fan TV tonight) about how Madrid's star player was clearly unfit.

OK, I blame Zidane for starting Ronaldo under those circumstances, but it wasn't as if Salah had done much in the time he was on the pitch.

After Liverpool's initial attempt to get in the leadm the game was dominated by Real Madrid who really should have won that more comfortably, even allowing for the howlers, as they missed a lot of chances, including the ones Karius actually saved.

As it was, Ramos can be the sort of "reducer" asked for by so many fans on here after last Thursday week, however anyone who thinks that was a deliberately inflicted injury needs to remove the tin foil hat and think again.
I thought it would be more deliberate than it was in the end.
I disagree that Real were starting to dominate at that point though. Salah and Mane were linking up well and Liverpool were looking more dangerous.

I thought it would be more deliberate than it was in the end.
I disagree that Real were starting to dominate at that point though. Salah and Mane were linking up well and Liverpool were looking more dangerous.

Liverpool started well. I pay little attention to tactics at all but it seems to me the plan was to get in front early, as they had in the previous rounds against Man City and Roma, which would enable them to play on the counter attack.

I'm pretty sure Real Madrid knew this too and Liverpool didn't really create anything in that spell except a decent shot from the full back.

After the Salah injury the game was nearly all Real Madrid, however that was always going to happen. Against Roma and Man City (in the league) Liverpool almost blew their unassailable leads later in the match.

Despite their final position I thought Liverpool were the 2nd best team in England this year, but they're inconsistent. Their play can be exciting and their team style is well coached but they lack quality. Del Bosque got stick in the English press for saying something which is undoubtedly true - that Real Madrid have better players than Liverpool in every position.

Hoddle, who was as usual, just being Hoddlesque, though Liverpool could dominate midfield. They had Hendserson, Milner and Wijnaldum up against Casemiro, Modric and Kross.

Although agree GK is obviously a weak spot in the Liverpool team we would have been fuming if our keeper had made those errors and to be honest so would Lincoln United probably.
Very true. Seriously they were two Sunday League errors in one match and we are talking lower Sunday League level here.

The wonder of the Welshman. Unbelievable goal scored in the biggest game in world football.
Didn’t he score a goal similar to his last nights second against the (formally known as the best goalie in the world) joe hart?

Just hope the goalie will be ok, last night will haunt him for a long time to come. Liverpools team as a whole is generally work in progress and someway short of the best as seen last night. Best team won by some distance.

Karios will have the dubious honour of having not one but two mistakes (he's done a Karios) named after him whenever similar errors are repeated in the future.

It's actually incredible that Liverpool have had a big obvious weakness at GK for ages now, basically since Reina left them. And they've done NOTHING ABOUT IT. Incredible that this massive, multimillion pound businesses can be so negligent.

You wouldn't get this with Danny in charge I'm sure. Build from the back.