Farman leaves - confirmed | Page 2 | Vital Football

Farman leaves - confirmed

There were far worse goalkeepers to be had last season in League Two, I'd say. And Farms had a direct effect on our success - keeping us in the Checkatrade game against Peterborough with quality shot-stopping.

A great servant to Lincoln City and I wish him well. He did not deserve the crap people threw at him, and I am specifically referencing the asshat at Barnet dressed like a pensioner.

I have an itchy feeling there might be a follow-up announcement today...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish him well but we move on!
I guess we will be long range shooting when we play Stevenage then!

Correct decision. Been a good servant and does a tremendous amount of work off the pitch but he's probably a lower third L2 GK IMO. At times, I felt he had a unsettling influence on the defence and his command of the area wasn't as good as it needs to be at this level. That said, I thought his kicking improved in his time here and he also picked up a bit from Townsend when he was here on loan.

Certainly one you'd have in the trenches with you, though, and I think that sums up the players that have left over the last year or so. They've all gone with best wishes.

The writing was on the wall last season when he got dropped twice and Cowley brought in a loan GK to replace the injured Vickers, effectively drop him down to third choice.

Be interesting to see whether we opt for a young understudy like Walton as a GK or opt to improve on Vickers.

^ This 100%.

Emotion aside, Farman was never likely to be number one at SB again unless we had a glut of goalkeeper injuries. DC is still quite ruthless (as you need to be in management) where it comes to players being good enough to improve the team or not. No doubt Farms and the likes of Long and Whitehouse are worth the contract offered to them, whatever DC seems is right for the club. Football is a short career and sentiment can't stand in that way so hopefully any of the ones that leave like Farms go with their heads held high and go on to have good careers away from SB.

There were far worse goalkeepers to be had last season in League Two, I'd say. And Farms had a direct effect on our success - keeping us in the Checkatrade game against Peterborough with quality shot-stopping. A great servant to Lincoln City and I wish him well.

I have an itchy feeling there might be a follow-up announcement today...
is that a good itch, or a bad itch?

Good move. Would imagine he
Correct decision. Been a good servant and does a tremendous amount of work off the pitch but he's probably a lower third L2 GK IMO. At times, I felt he had a unsettling influence on the defence and his command of the area wasn't as good as it needs to be at this level. That said, I thought his kicking improved in his time here and he also picked up a bit from Townsend when he was here on loan.

Certainly one you'd have in the trenches with you, though, and I think that sums up the players that have left over the last year or so. They've all gone with best wishes.

The writing was on the wall last season when he got dropped twice and Cowley brought in a loan GK to replace the injured Vickers, effectively drop him down to third choice.

Be interesting to see whether we opt for a young understudy like Walton as a GK or opt to improve on Vickers.
I would like to see Vickers as number 1 with either Walton or Antkowiak as understudy. Remember seeing that Walton was offered a new deal but don't remember seeing anything about him signing. Is Jimmy Walker going to be at the club next season?

He is a solid pro and deserves to be playing first team football. Sincere thanks for your significant contribution to dragging us back from the morass we were in and good luck for your future.

I would like to see Vickers as number 1 with either Walton or Antkowiak as understudy.

You can't do that, though. We can't sign anyone outside of the transfer window, so if Vickers gets injured long-term again, we are knackered for probably months on end. Are Walton and Antkowiak good enough for League Two? No, of course they aren't. It would be an incredible risk to take.

There must be an experienced goalkeeper coming in. Anything else would be potential suicide.

Danny states he will bring in a replacement for Farms as he wants good competition for all positions.

Will miss his personality and his magnanimity, given he was sidelined so early. Great lad, who will most certainly brighten up Stevenage's dressing room. He's witnessed many lows and finally some highs. All the best, Paul!

Will miss his personality and his magnanimity, given he was sidelined so early. Great lad, who will most certainly brighten up Stevenage's dressing room. He's witnessed many lows and finally some highs. All the best, Paul!
That's what pleased me most about Farman (and Power). They were there from the start and went through it all.