Farke on Oliiveira | Vital Football

Farke on Oliiveira

fanforlife

Alert Team
Daniel Farke our head coach axed his frontman for last nights 0-0 Championship draw against Nottingham Forest - citing Oliveira’s sluggish approach to training over the last few days.

Farke insisted after the game the striker had not been suspended but the ball is now firmly in Oliveira’s court to respond.

The 26-year-old fell foul of his boss with a public show of defiance at Fulham on the opening weekend of the season, but Farke is not ready to cut him adrift.

“I don’t think too far away (to what might happen in the summer),” he said....(Speaks volumes)

“Fulham was an outburst. We spoke about this situation. He was not involved in the squad for a game or two and he had to change his attitude. He did this. Even on this long run without a goal I praised his attitude. There is not a problem with his character.

“Perhaps he scored against Wolves and felt he didn’t have to work as hard.

“I made the decision (on Monday) when we trained with the squad who would be involved.

“To be fair his reaction was good.

“He had a proper individual session on Monday and he trained with the other lads who were not involved on Tuesday, like Matt Jarvis, Sean Raggett and Marcus Edwards. They all trained with the under-23s and it was a proper session.

“I watched it.

“You know how much I like him. This is professional football and you have to deliver.”

Farke denied his decision was linked to any no show at training, during the recent Arctic snap.

“He was always involved in training.

“It wasn’t that he was away,” said Farke. “No, he wasn’t suspended.

“I could only call on 16 outfield players and he was not involved.

“The others deserved to be in the squad for this game.

“I was not happy with him over the past week. I like Nelson a lot.

“I have supported him in this tough period. In 13 games he has scored one goal from 40 metres at Wolves, and John Ruddy helped him with a big mistake.

“Even my centre back Timm Klose in this period could score twice and have an assist.

“Nelson knows he is not on a good run but I have backed him and supported him. But this was the first time I didn’t have the feeling he wasn’t working for the team at 100pc. We are struggling to score goals.

“Look at the facts, 34 goals after 35 games.

“We can’t just lie back and work at 80pc. We have to be hungry and greedy to improve and when I don’t have the feeling there is a player willing to work in a disciplined way to improve his situation and that of the team I will do without them.

“It doesn’t matter to me how big the reputation. I want players who are willing at training.

“It is up to him to show me in the training that he wants to work in a better day. If not, he is not involved.”

Looks as if he will be shipped out in the summer...Bye Bye.,

I love what Farke says and he won’t mess with slackers . Oli has been a massive disappointment to me , and if he is not going to give 100% then he is no good for us

Problem is we have one striker who he has now dropped and what looks like to be sub
standard recent cheap signings as only other option.
These Norwich 0 scores are getting too common.

Morris goal that sent Shrewsbury to Wembley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0AAGObfa5c

Hopefully, he gets a go next season.