Farke Off | Page 2 | Vital Football

Farke Off

There was no criticism implicit in my question DG. A number of people around me also booed and many of them were expressing their feelings about the result. However there was a discussion where one was booing the ref and another Watford.

Rex. Yes I do appreciate there was not any criticism on your part.
It was when you are the only person in the area you sit within to show some sort
of action with a quick boo, it appears it has to be justified to many fans.

Its beyond embarrassing to support this great club when were in the top division. We are a laughing stock in the Prem.
something has to buck the trend but under current ownership it will not. When DF departs which i think will be this season when we go down again, the whole module will fall apart and promotion will not be had so easily if at all for a while, but this module doesnt work in the prem.
Were not good enough for the prem, but too good for the champ, were exactly where delia wants us, top 26 side!

Trouble were in now, we need wins, 38 games we have, 5 gone already so 33 to go. I cant this this side as it is performing and being directed, winning a third of those games can you? Plus a hand full of draws thrown in to survive. Put ourself in a position that we have to go to away games now a get wins plus home wins, just cant see it happening.

How many of the ones who played today have had experience of playing in the premier league before?

A telling point was Lees-Melou's comment about PL refs letting play go on, when a French league ref would have blown up. Many of the players on the field were just not accustomed to the antics Watford got up to and the ref let more than one clear pen go without our players getting any support from VAR.

I said before the game that our new team needs time to adjust to the particular way the game is played in the prem and it was evident today. I have not lost my patience because I kind of expected a rough ride initially. Hence my comment about wishing to play top teams first.

I know it would be nice to gain some confidence with a few wins under our belt but just remember the Watfords of this league still have top teams to play despite having an apparently easy ride initially. They will not have been tested as we have and I would guess they will come unstuck.

In the mean time, our team will have been honed into something much more cohesive and, when they meet other lower half teams, they will be more ready for their antics.

So I suggest more patience. Mrs Rex's Grandfather used to say ignore the table until after Christmas because it means little in the scheme of things. Having seen the talent possess, I think we will be alright.
Well said Rex. I just love your positive thinking.

Reactions: Rex
Trouble were in now, we need wins, 38 games we have, 5 gone already so 33 to go. I cant this this side as it is performing and being directed, winning a third of those games can you? Plus a hand full of draws thrown in to survive. Put ourself in a position that we have to go to away games now a get wins plus home wins, just cant see it happening.
Whilst drinking my half full glass 76, I can see another 8 teams that play in our mini bottom of the league division (I am not counting Grotford). We beat them all at home (24 points). We draw with them all away (another 8 points). So, I am wondering where we get the other 8 points to stand a chance of staying up. Even with a new coach, I think we might need a mini miracle.

Rex. Yes I do appreciate there was not any criticism on your part.
It was when you are the only person in the area you sit within to show some sort
of action with a quick boo, it appears it has to be justified to many fans.
It is the right of any fan DG to boo if we want to and we don't have to justify our appreciation either. For the record, I was booing the referee because, I thought he was shit.

Reactions: Rex
In the 2018/2019 season Southampton had conceded more goals than we have after five games, were rock bottom, predicted for relegation and finished sixteenth.
It can be done.

Given the players we have, we need a system that plays to their strengths. We continue to get penetrated on the left hand side, so do we need to go to 3 at the back? Do we play Omobamidele - experienced CB - Kabak so we have the pace of the younger two but with an experienced player in the middle?

It will be interesting to see how another week helps Normann and Kabak settle into the team.

Regardless of what you think about Farke, please give the team some support.

Whilst drinking my half full glass 76, I can see another 8 teams that play in our mini bottom of the league division (I am not counting Grotford). We beat them all at home (24 points). We draw with them all away (another 8 points). So, I am wondering where we get the other 8 points to stand a chance of staying up. Even with a new coach, I think we might need a mini miracle.
I agree with this also, but i just dont why wilder at sheff utd did (i know 2nd season went down) and bees seem to be doing it and hornets have won twice yet were so woefully bad everytime were in the prem under DF?

Given the players we have, we need a system that plays to their strengths. We continue to get penetrated on the left hand side, so do we need to go to 3 at the back? Do we play Omobamidele - experienced CB - Kabak so we have the pace of the younger two but with an experienced player in the middle?

It will be interesting to see how another week helps Normann and Kabak settle into the team.

Regardless of what you think about Farke, please give the team some support.
I always will support the team, i follow every game even if im out with the family or on my hols, always find a way. This is sucking the life out of me now though, 15straight losses is a different level of bad. Weve made a talent like Gilmour look very poor in the process, poor lad must be thinking wtf did i come here! We sign players no one really wants generally, bar gilmour, and always seem to take a punt that they pan out well which occasionally they do but mostly dont under this current management and style in the prem.
My main worry is that this plan A from DF couldnt be any worse, so where does he go from now? The players clearly cant implement what he wants, we dont have the money to change this come Jan so what now?

Still no win from a prem gane when going a goal down in how many matches now?

Some winnable games coming up but I can't see us getting much.

We need to face a norwich and have them be saying along come norwich and we win. Burnley only have 1 point I think we will show up and boom their season starts.

My drum needs banging louder.
Why did DF bring on rupp for Normann when the game was crying out for some quality? Surely Gilmour was the better choice?
Why are we persisting with DF when this clearly is not working after 46 prem games and only 28pts from a possible 138 pts? Its truly awful.
2 goals scored in 8 games so far.
No one else would leave this as it is. The team are shot in confidence from what I saw on Saturday, if they want to stay up it needs to change now! I know delia snd co dont really care if we go down but the supports deserve better.
Id have terry & lampard in a flash, if they would come, just a idea delia!!