FAO LSB2 | Vital Football

FAO LSB2

nitram77

Vital 1st Team Regular
Am I right in thinking you work for the railway?
I was hoping you could tell me something about the new station/line at Sharnal street in Hoo.

I don't work for the railway but I can offer you an artists impression of the new station:

art.jpg

Doesn't it look lovely?!

Thanks Buddha, I have seen that but was hoping for some inside gossip. Have they started work on it yet, when is it expected to open, just call me Mr Nosey.

Thanks Buddha, I have seen that but was hoping for some inside gossip. Have they started work on it yet, when is it expected to open, just call me Mr Nosey.

Sorry, don't have any of that info. You will have to wait for LSB2!

Am I right in thinking you work for the railway?
I was hoping you could tell me something about the new station/line at Sharnal street in Hoo.

Sorry I have no idea. I'm at home shielding at the moment. You know more than I do lol

Apparently it's part of the local plan, they are building up to 20,000 new houses on the peninsular, and road and rail services are part of the deal (A288 will be getting some work done)

I did have more info as it is part of the medway plans and plans have been put to the government. The text accompanying the photo posted gives a bit more data:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/first-look-at-new-63m-station-225386/

I go to some of the medway champions meetings where the share the plan progress, etc with business and other groups including medway council, the railways and nhs but no meetings whist virus is here. Will update if I get any info or find what I have lost lol.

Last edited:
There is still debate about electrification as there's an effective moratorium on further third rail electrification but for a relatively short distance OLE would not be viable. Another interesting feature is likely to see the re-opening of the triangle at Higham sidings that would permit trains to run direct to Strood and beyond from Hoo.

Last edited: