Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch!

Excellent updates, Farmer, thanks very much. Fabulous dog, by the way, I have one of those too.

It is amazing how much has been achieved already. The news that a pitch will be ready for use almost for the start of pre-season training next week is very welcome.

Ready for use? Hardly. From what I can see there is loads to do yet. Still looks like a dirty field albeit a level one now. Not much grass in sight if any. To be fair you cannot knock the workers on there as they are putting in plenty of hours every day.

It's almost like someone involved who knows what they are talking about can end a case of panicked speculation assuming some horrible worst case scenario...

Pop up irrigation linked to the water tank which is fed by my cousins reservoir has also been laid and working on pitch one ready to water the new turf.
Is that the reservoir (small one) just before the showground on the A15 ? If so, I've fished in that years ago. Took me a while to find mind you.

Question for Farmer Imp: during the de-stoning/works any interesting archeological finds? Pottery shards, that kind of thing?
None at all. We’ve had some archeological test digs done a couple of weeks ago as well and they drew a blank too.

Excellent updates, Farmer, thanks very much. Fabulous dog, by the way, I have one of those too.

It is amazing how much has been achieved already. The news that a pitch will be ready for use almost for the start of pre-season training next week is very welcome.
A pleasure. Yes, German shepherds are unbelievably loyal and clever dogs. Tara knows the training ground approach road opposite RAF Scampton so well now and starts to whine when I turn in!

The progress of work has been nothing short of staggering recently. Yes, quite a monumentous task by the companies involved to have a pitch ready for next week.

FarmerImp, is it true that you are responsible for those ridiculous tramlines on the new shirt?
Ha! They are fine, when Toffolo is banging the goals in you’ll forget about any patterns on the shirt!!

For those wandering what berksimps is on about, the tramlines are the arrow straight, perfectly spaced sprayer wheelings you can now see in every arable field across the country. ?

Is that the reservoir (small one) just before the showground on the A15 ? If so, I've fished in that years ago. Took me a while to find mind you.
Noooo! That’s too far away. It’s a new one at the northern end of the training ground field next to the belt of trees.

Ha! They are fine, when Toffolo is banging the goals in you’ll forget about any patterns on the shirt!!

For those wandering what berksimps is on about, the tramlines are the arrow straight, perfectly spaced sprayer wheelings you can now see in every arable field across the country. ?
Apart from the organic ones which is where I buy my food when my organic allotment lets me down (which ain't often)