Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch! | Page 25 | Vital Football

Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch!

Not sure how kerbing the edges ready for tarmac or block paving would disrupt training. Or for that matter how completing the car park in two phases would disrupt training.

Would be good to have an update from Farmerimp regarding progress, problems and any necessary improvement works needed to pitches and facilities.

Very nice. Now let’s have a video showing three lush training pitches, which is the main function of the place.
Do we still have issues with all three pitches?

It's just surreal isn't it? This is Lincoln City's training ground! For all of us who have followed this club for so many years could you have ever dreamt it in your wildest dreams.

All created on the back of our management team and the success they have brought to us. I know there has been lots of people who have contributed and made good decisions but at the end of the day it's about success in the pitch and the galvanising of a City and a county behind our great club.

The Cowleys are the greatest managers this club has ever had because it's what they have done off it as well. Our club is truly changing/ has changed forever. Magnificent!!

Does the 'one carpet tile per win' bonus that Peter Jackson was on still apply?

If so, we should have enough to put down an artificial training surface down too.

Can't guarantee 100% that this is a fact but I heard that 'Fine Turf' had quoted for the ground work last year but had been savagely undercut by a rival who got the contract. Fine Turf are the company that provide and lay pitches for several top clubs and have a high class reputation in their field of work. The firm who was awarded the contract carried out the job in a fashion that was dictated by their cheap quote to get the contract. Maybe Farmer Imp can clarify this, is this why the pitches have had to have restorative work after less than one year.

Doesn't always pay to go with the cheapest - reputation, particularly if turfing major sporting events should give you a clue!
That is very true but on occasion the opposite applies. Sometimes companies overcharge because of their reputation when somebody newer on the block can do just as good a job for less. I suppose the devil is in the detail and before contracts are signed off it is helpful if somebody who knows what they are talking about casts a critical eye over the proposed materials, processes, after care and liabilities before taking a decision.

Fineturf did quote as indeed many others including where I work now. We also deal with high end sports clubs. It's how it works so there is nothing new there.