Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch! | Page 23 | Vital Football

Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch!

Murrayfield was Scunnered with a similar problem. Think they had to dig out the pitch to get rid of the blighters. Not sure it can work in Welton as next door neighbour will reinfect you unless there is a community response across the village. Nightmare and expensive if it happens at Scampton. Headlines would be interesting.

Dirty worm infects Lincolnshire training pitch. This time it is not Steve Evans however it is probably more rancid and Slimy.

I don't believe there is any legal chemical control now. There was a product which was very effective against chafers and leather jackets but this was removed a couple of years ago. A normal healthy pitch can normally withstand chafers. Usually it's those that come to dine which cause the real damage.

I would be surprised if the training ground has any tbh as the chafer lays May time. The earthworks would have probably disturbed that.

I don't believe there is any legal chemical control now. There was a product which was very effective against chafers and leather jackets but this was removed a couple of years ago. A normal healthy pitch can normally withstand chafers. Usually it's those that come to dine which cause the real damage.
Phil, is there anything that can be done to prevent it happening in the first place, rather than trying to eradicate it after the event?

Phil, is there anything that can be done to prevent it happening in the first place, rather than trying to eradicate it after the event?
No not really Scotimp. You are controlled by nature all the time. I think the training ground might be an unknown quantity because of location. Regular maintainence seems to deter though. I've only ever seen a handful of leather jackets at the bank and don't think I've seen any chafers but treatment was part of the maintenance regime. I also wouldn't think the stadium is an ideal environment. Crane flies are about there though. Effective chemical control for worms has pretty much disappeared too.

The only insecticide’s we have recently been banned from using (and reportedly harmful to bees but that’s in dispute) are neonicitinoids, these are seed treatments, not sprays. Leave it with me, I’ll be back when I’ve done some digging, not as deep as your bugs though! ?
The only insecticide’s we have recently been banned from using (and reportedly harmful to bees but that’s in dispute) are neonicitinoids, these are seed treatments, not sprays. Leave it with me, I’ll be back when I’ve done some digging, not as deep as your bugs though! ?
It's only disputed by vested interests

Yes, I’ve been there all day bringing the tarmac planings with a tractor and trailer to the Drot. I left him at 3 rolling.

Will be good for everybody to see the car park useable. What is a Drot by the way ? Maybe a farming term we have never heard of ! Great job by everybody, heres to a fine week to get it finished off. UTI.

Will be good for everybody to see the car park useable. What is a Drot by the way ? Maybe a farming term we have never heard of ! Great job by everybody, heres to a fine week to get it finished off. UTI.
A Drot is the machine you can see in the last video levelling the road planings, a tracked machine with a bucket on the front

It's a Drott.

Which really describes a multi-functional bucket on the front of an excavator or bulldozer. In this case it is like a bulldozer, but with a front bucket that can be used for scooping and lifting material, rather than merely pushing it.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is scope for an extension to put in a physio/medical centre containing things like permanent cryo chamber and hydro therapy pool or whether the costs outweigh the benefits of things like that.

Is a cryo chamber somewhere to store Danny and Nicky at some stage in stasis then unfreeze them in the future to run our club again in the next century?

:toot: