Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch! | Page 14 | Vital Football

Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch!

Seen a comment on FB that people have been visiting the site to take a look (have seen a few other photos) and have been politely requested not to

What's all this? What's all this? A slur upon my good name, the nearest I have ever been to this part of the world was to have played football on the airbase and to have a girlfriend who lived in Dunholme and that was nearly 50 years ago!

As for driving a digger, never. :wagging:

Those were the days, pig skin balls, you headed it on a wet day and it left an imprint of the lace, so me dad told me

Big change is 2 x 10,000 litre new water tanks have been coupled up to the existing 10,000 litre one near the coffee and catering outlets, between SW and Selenity stands.

Thanks for sorting that FarmerImp. So one of the principal reasons suggested for the potential ground move at the Fans Forum by the CEO has now been resolved!

How obvious and hard was that? And no need for the bowser.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd ever be asking this question, but how's the grass doing Andrew? Getting withdrawal symptoms this end, you've become a victim of your own success...... :lol:

Grass is growing really well, water going on regularly through the night, pitches are cut daily and were all fertilised yesterday with a special fertiliser containing lots of micronutrients. As there has been a lot of soil moved around we will be doing soil sampling linked to gps soon to keep an eye on soil indices.
Roof starting to go on the building.

The grass will shoot up if we get this forecasted rain tomorrow and into Saturday.

The forecasted rain won’t make too much difference to the pitches because they are not short of water but it will make a huge difference to the pitch surrounds that haven’t had any water so it will be really welcome. Except for my combining it will be anything but welcome!!

Excuse my ignorance but what are soil indices, their importance and potential issues?

When we measure soil health we test it for ph, phosphate, potash, zinc, copper, manganese, sulphur, magnesium, cobalt, boron and about 10 others. These are measured in parts per million. These are then divided up and so many ppm make up to index 1, then index 2, up to index 5. So a healthy soil is normally top end of index 2, lower end of 3. If you apply fertilisers on already highly index soils you can then cause nuitrient lock up so over applying one product will lock up another and make it unavailable. Soil science is very complex but one we are really into.