FAO BazinOz | Vital Football

FAO BazinOz

alphabet_king

Vital 1st Team Regular
What's your new user name on here? i can't remember? are you onesirkeefy?

p.s. did you say at some point last year that you were heading over to the UK at some point and hoping to catch your first gills game in many years? have you done this yet?

Yep. OneSirKeefy reporting for duty.

I'm over there in October. Anxiously awaiting the fixture list tomoz.

I bet you are. Are you staying in Kent?

I imagine you'd be desperate to see a home game, but then again the atmosphere is so much better at away games. You'll be hoping for a close by away game surely? A trip to London or something?

We will have to sort out a message board meet up maybe.

Yep, will have to.

Arrive in blighty on Friday 30th Sept, and have managed to score tickets to Man U v Stoke day after we arrive (my son is a Man U tragic. They are my 2nd team). We're staying middle-England with friends first week. Then moving probably around Northern England and into Scotland during the next week or 2. This might depend on when/where any possible Gills games are. Then staying in London/Kent for the last week and half. Hopefully a Gills home game during that time. Leave 27th Oct I think.

We both love football so our itinerary is going to be very dependent of the fixtures. Hoping for at least 1 maybe 2 gills games (1 home 1 away would be great) and might take in a couple 'neutral' games as well if we can depending where we are.

Wet Spam play at home on our last weekend there and hoping we might be able to get tickets to that if it don't clash with Gills. Are they likely to sell out their home games now? Hoping not.

Being here a month almost guarantees you'll be able to catch at least one home and one away game.

West Ham tickets could be fairly hard to get hold of. They have sold out of STs and I'd imagine a lot of non ST holders will go there to see what the new stadium is like towards the beginning of the season. I'm going to the England vs Australia Rugby League there on the 13th November which should be good and I was largely tempted by the opportunity to tick off a new stadium. I hadn't actually been to Upton Park/Bolyn so for the first time in a while the new stadium didn't lose me one on my quest for 92 (i'm at about mid 50s now after being nearly on the 60s 10 years ago I think).

That said, a lot of season ticket holders may well miss games as the tickets were so cheap, so you may easily be able to pick them up on the black market for not much over face value. Living in Essex I know a number of West Ham fans who have got STs so let me know nearer the time if you still don't have any and i'll see if any body I know is looking to get rid of them.

I might take you up on that AK.

That's how we are getting the Man U tickets. Friend of a friend has 4 S/T's each year and palms off the games he doesn't want to go to. We pulled on his heart-strings.

Do you know which (if any) EPL teams don't usually sell-out their home games? (other than the 'big' fixtures). It seems to me that tickets to any EPL game will be pretty hard to get.

My son is an Arsenal fan (in his defence he does have a gills ST and is slowly migrating over to gills).

What that means is that I have 2 Arsenal Red Memberships and one Junior Gunners ticket which I use to get him the odd ticket to games. Arsenal sell out most games, but do guarantee a certain amount of tickets to Red Members. It's about 5000 tickets every game go on sale to red members a month before the game on their website. You just have to be clued up and lucky in the online queue on the day they are sold.

Some games are easier to come by than others, but by way of example I got tickets this way to Arsenal vs Liverpool, Newcastle, Swansea, Galatasary for him last year.

I'd be more than happy to try to get some for you if you let me know the game you fancy, and if I'm not using them (probably won't be).

They also almost always have tickets in the Junior gunners sections at this point when these go on sale - the only condition being that you book your ticket with a child's. So what i've done for mates who are arsenal fans is book 3 tickets (2 adults and 1 child) and he just pays for all 3 but only 2 adults actualy go. The child's ticket is only about 15 so not too much extra, and maybe worth it if you otherwise wouldn't have the chance.

I also have a few spurs supporting mates who are on their membership schemes who might be able to have a go if they are not going to those games already.