Fanzone Feedback Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fanzone Feedback Thread

Alan Long announced over the Speaker System at half time would fans take their seats and not block the aisles or other fans views of the game or stand talking before or after the half time period.
Or words to that effect.
I heard that but there is so much selfishness that it didnt have any effect , the main problem to me is the fact that they cant wait until at least nearer half time or the final whistle, bet they were peeved last Saurday !

I heard that but there is so much selfishness that it didnt have any effect , the main problem to me is the fact that they cant wait until at least nearer half time or the final whistle, bet they were peeved last Saurday !

I often wonder why some people even bother going to football matches. We sit in the second-from-top row in the Lower Co-op, my seat being the aisle seat and my son's next to me. From about 35 minutes in we are up and down like yo-yos as people leave their seat to go wherever they need to go, then back again during the first ten minutes of the second half. That's not including the kids who can be up and down two or three times during a game. Why people don't just watch the flipping match for goodness' sake? What a waste of their money.

Might be absolute rubbish but on the good days the club have been known to take almost 10k from the fanzone a game.

I often wonder why some people even bother going to football matches. We sit in the second-from-top row in the Lower Co-op, my seat being the aisle seat and my son's next to me. From about 35 minutes in we are up and down like yo-yos as people leave their seat to go wherever they need to go, then back again during the first ten minutes of the second half. That's not including the kids who can be up and down two or three times during a game. Why people don't just watch the flipping match for goodness' sake? What a waste of their money.

You know where I sit and it's just the same this bloke comes just after the kick off and 10 mins before the interval he's going somewhere and he's the same comes back again just after the restart, and they are making their way out as soon as the injury time board goes up.

Dear Luke Imp and all,

Just a quick line to say thank you for starting this thread and contributing to it constructively over the last season or so.

As you can imagine, plans are under way for developments next season and wherever possible we will incorporate the feasible ideas people have put forward.

On a personal note, I am delighted to see the success and community we have created around the Fan Zone. In its bare form it is a few gazebo’s and a couple of tables, but when it is filled with a few hundred fans it becomes a place of pride and something that sets us apart from many clubs in the 72!

Thank you once again & #UTI

Liam

Dear Luke Imp and all,

Just a quick line to say thank you for starting this thread and contributing to it constructively over the last season or so.

As you can imagine, plans are under way for developments next season and wherever possible we will incorporate the feasible ideas people have put forward.

On a personal note, I am delighted to see the success and community we have created around the Fan Zone. In its bare form it is a few gazebo’s and a couple of tables, but when it is filled with a few hundred fans it becomes a place of pride and something that sets us apart from many clubs in the 72!

Thank you once again & #UTI

Liam

Thank you Mr Scully, however, it's not just about the "feasible ideas people have put forward." What about the complaints (albeit small ones in some circumstances) that people have put forward? Will they be seen as "constructive" I wonder?

Just a thought but how about using the fanzone to showcase up and coming original local bands. The live music scene in Lincoln is excellent at the moment.
Two examples:

Last edited:
Yep, I think having an area for live, local bands is a good thing to do, although during winter and night games probably makes that difficult in the main.