Fantastic fungi n/g | Vital Football

Fantastic fungi n/g

I have three friends who were staying in a cottage in Scotland. Jane reckoned she knew her mushrooms. She went out, picked some and made a delicious risotto. The other two ate it with her. Would you? I’m not sure I would, and I’m glad I was spared the choice.

Never thought the fungi or mushroom could be so interesting. Just watched the film fantastic fungi.

Wow man, fkinA, mindblowing.

I enjoyed watching that film a few months back.

The fungi is fantastic but it was the mycelium that really blew my mind. .

Your just a sex organ gobbler
Sex organ gooooobblerrrr

I enjoyed watching that film a few months back.

The fungi is fantastic but it was the mycelium that really blew my mind. .

yes it was the science and mycelium that is a thought game changer.
Changes the thought process on virtually every angle.

Anyone who has not seen the program, it is certainly an eye opener as to how nature and our own brains work.

I have three friends who were staying in a cottage in Scotland. Jane reckoned she knew her mushrooms. She went out, picked some and made a delicious risotto. The other two ate it with her. Would you? I’m not sure I would, and I’m glad I was spared the choice.

My father was pretty knowledgeable about fungi and regularly picked and ate it. I sometimes wish I'd listened and learned a bit more but then again my trove of lower division football trivia might be smaller.

yes it was the science and mycelium that is a thought game changer.
Changes the thought process on virtually every angle.

Anyone who has not seen the program, it is certainly an eye opener as to how nature and our own brains work.

Yeah, it sure is. Absolutely fucking wow maaaaaan!

Some of it kinda confirmed what psychedelics had already taught me but which I couldn't prove or explain to those who've never had a proper trip. But I sense this just the tip of the iceberg. Or the fruit of the mycelium...!!

This is s good read

https://www.theatlantic.com/science...rip-on-the-most-potent-magic-mushroom/561860/

Yeah, it sure is. Absolutely fucking wow maaaaaan!

Some of it kinda confirmed what psychedelics had already taught me but which I couldn't prove or explain to those who've never had a proper trip. But I sense this just the tip of the iceberg. Or the fruit of the mycelium...!!

This is s good read

https://www.theatlantic.com/science...rip-on-the-most-potent-magic-mushroom/561860/

i never bother with drugs myself (apart from yogic stuff) as i was badly behaved enough without lol - but love the science.

i watch documentaries all of the time but this one is truly mind blowing and has already made me think differently about many things.
I will say it again - wow.

Maybe time to go back to my world of reading neuroscience and yogic/cosmic stuff. Especially interested in memory and dream functions.

i never bother with drugs myself (apart from yogic stuff) as i was badly behaved enough without lol - but love the science.

i watch documentaries all of the time but this one is truly mind blowing and has already made me think differently about many things.

Maybe time to go back to my world of reading neuroscience and yogic/cosmic stuff. Especially interested in memory and dream functions.

'Drugs' ain't a particularly useful term. I bet you do, or at least have done, dugs it's just you called them medicine. Would you take psilocybin if your doctor prescribed you some to help with depression? (Not suggesting that you're depressed, lol!).

I don't tend to think of psychedelics as drugs. Sometimes they can be a kind of medicine but not always!

In my mind I definitely differentiate between 'drugs' such as caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, amphetamines, opiates and cocaine, etc, and psychedelic 'drugs' such as marijuana, psilocybin, mescaline, LSD, MDMA, ketamine, DMT, etc. Basically, if it gets that penal gland pumping it's a psychedelic. And they are here for a reason. Nature truing to communicate with us? Maybe?

You really should try a small dose of psilocybin, I'm sure you wouldn't regret it. Not something I'd recommend anybody or everybody tries but I'm almost certain you would find it beneficial and revelatory.

Last edited:

Did they start tripping?

'Drugs' ain't a particularly useful term. I bet you do, or at least have done, dugs it's just you called them medicine. Would you take psilocybin if your doctor prescribed you some to help with depression? (Not suggesting that you're depressed, lol!).

I don't tend to think of psychedelics as drugs. Sometimes they can be a kind of medicine but not always!

In my mind I definitely differentiate between 'drugs' such as caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, amphetamines, opiates and cocaine, etc, and psychedelic 'drugs' such as marijuana, psilocybin, mescaline, LSD, MDMA, ketamine, DMT, etc. Basically, if it gets that penal gland pumping it's a psychedelic. And they are here for a reason. Nature truing to communicate with us? Maybe?

You really should try a small dose of psilocybin, I'm sure you wouldn't regret it. Not something I'd recommend anybody or everybody tries but I'm almost certain you would find it beneficial and revelatory.

in total agreement bit did not want to divert the discussion.
my son was making the same point yesterday.
most countries and societies still their own medicines from nature, these are no less medicine than any chemicals.

i remember that wellcome used to produce medicines made from flowers and wellcome had their own fields for growing them in dartford.

makes it even more hilarious that governments have sometimes stopped cannabis being used in R&D.

in total agreement bit did not want to divert the discussion.
my son was making the same point yesterday.
most countries and societies still their own medicines from nature, these are no less medicine than any chemicals.

i remember that wellcome used to produce medicines made from flowers and wellcome had their own fields for growing them in dartford.

makes it even more hilarious that governments have sometimes stopped cannabis being used in R&D.

Yeah, sure, I don't want to divert the discussion either. There is much, much more to fungi and mycelium than simply tripping. But I do think it's a key aspect. And that you should try some!

My wife was reading a Soroyan short story at bed time, last Saturday evening-it involved boys stealing what turned out to be an unripe apricot from a tree in a neighbor’s garden. I did not know this as I was already asleep. I’ve been slogging through the Dream of the Red Chamber and, next morning I flippantly suggested we ought to be giving fragrant names to the different rooms of our house and post bits of verse on their doors like the Chinese in the novel. First one I come up with was for the kitchen. Let’s call it the Room of the Unripe Apricot. Absolutely weird. There’s more going on in our universe than we know.* It may have no meaning, or point that we can divine, but more is going on.

*no mushrooms were consumed, or otherwise harmed, in the production of this story.

Last edited:
It is a fantastic documentary (it’s not all about mushrooms as drugs), it’s well worth a watch.

I found how fungi live as a linked community particularly fascinating, and helped scientists to understand eco-systems in how one species will often help another particularly amazing.

Just started watching:
Intelligent trees on amazon prime. Seems to be about trees and plants communications (well lets hope so). Anyone watched it?

Community orchard started mulching with wood chippings dumped off by tree surgeons and gardeners. Kent Wildlife Trust and others cautioned we might be importing problems. Several years down the line the only visible result is a massive increase in fungii and the consequent appearance of orchids.

Just to add some clarity; in the minds of many, another way of distinguishing or categorizing drugs would be lawful or unlawful.

Definitely slipping back into my previous world of consciousness and spirituality.

everything is transient and maybe only real in our senses limiting world.

therefore good to look at the subject of expanding our senses and the human mind.

one mind blowing piece of direction was around the ability of fungi to enable communication between plants and trees plus the ability for drugs from fungi to actually rebuild human brain connectors that had stopped working.

the other thing of course is quantum physics where mirroring electrons communicate with each instantaneously over any distance ( simplified version obviously).