In and out of the game

Harrison 5
In and out of the game had better luck down the left side late in the game

Saiz 5
Not at it today though saw little quality ball to him

Alioski 6
Had more effect when switched to Left Wing Back

Roberts 5
Not much quality to him. Needs to hold the ball rather than flick it on when no one is there

Subs
Forshaw 5
In and out of the game
Clarke 6
Some classy touches
Baker 6
Added more bite going forward

A game we never really got fully going with too many off key performances.
Though we now have resilience and Jannson header deservedly gave us a share of the points.
The expected game between 2 entertaining sides was ruined by a Referee who at best was Sub Standard at worst doesnt know the Rules along with inept Assistants its time The FA started using quality rather than quantity.

1972Glory

Vital Squad Member
Personally I would have marked Cooper and Dallas lower. Agree that Jannson was Starman by a country mile, another commanding performance, not sure that Sky will be quick to interview him again, lol!. It was a bad day at the office. At least we will have all the main components back for the next game, I think by this time last year, the wheels had well and truly fallen off, we are 3rd and only 2 points off the top so all is well, a win next game will have all the happy pills out again.

dazza71

Alert Team
Can't argue with that report Tiny. I thought Ayling's passing was shocking at Hull in midweek and it continued against Brentford.

Brentford did a really good job on us, rushing us into passes a lot of the time but even when we had time on the ball, the passing was awful.

To get to this international break just two points off the top without Hernandez, Roofe, Bamford and Berardi is a big achievement. Hopefully have Hernandez, Roofe and Berardi back for the first game after the international break and we can push on again.

There are five games when we return until the next international break when we return including games against WBA and Forest as well as tricky trips to Wigan and Blackburn. I think we will see a true reflection of where we are by then.

Finally, what looked like being a really good game was spoilt by a truely shocking refereeing performance.

SimonTVW

Vital 1st Team Regular
I tried to write a fans view for Hull but as i kept trying the site kept erasing the thread so i gave up. Ayling would have been my Starman Tuesday. With little to do in defence he continually got forward and caused many problems. He just didn't get the run of the ball in their box. I thought his passing was ok on Tuesday. But it was a really one sided 1-0. Yesterday Ayling was awful. Passing and tackling were terrible. Admittedly Hull were a very poor team and Brentford played very well. Now on to the penalty. He was going down in anticipation of contact. A lot of forwards do that. There was no real contact so it was the wrong decision. But Saiz got booked at Hull for diving in the box. He may have been anticipating a tackle that never came. No one said a word about it and Saiz to his credit accepted it without complaint. If players stayed on their feet then the ref would not have a decision to make. Diving or going down anticipating contact just spoils the game. There are efforts to stamp it out and they may be having some affect but it still goes on.

erni

Vital Football Legend
Other than Jannson I thought we were below par all over the field. Brentford had done heir homework on us and gave Klich, Saiz and Phillips no space at all. I wouldn't have given Dallas more than 4 and hope Bielsa noted how well Alioski played at LB.
This year we play badly and draw, last year we would have lost. Next step is to keep the defensive gates shut and nick these games .