Fans to be Allowed back in | Vital Football

Fans to be Allowed back in

ayamonte

Vital 1st Team Regular
A maximum of 4,000 and only in lower tier areas.
But its a start - and hopefully hopefully Sheffield is over the worst now.

It won't be me, but I hope those that get in are 100% behind the team in these difficult times - can we vet them for booing likelihood??

I think whichever 4k get to attend will bust their lungs to help the lads to a win Aya.

Yes, I'm sure they will - but I'm pretty sure the booing would have started by now at the Lane in a normal season. So perhaps we'll benefit from it not being a normal season in this way

Yes, I'm sure they will - but I'm pretty sure the booing would have started by now at the Lane in a normal season. So perhaps we'll benefit from it not being a normal season in this way
no it wouldnt cause we wouldnt be in this position in the first place

I suppose 4k booing is better than 20k under the present form...only kidding lads but I hope we can link tickets and we have a rota system. Doesn't sound easy to
sort out does it?

Last edited:
I am so grateful to our generous overlords for this incredible gesture.

How gracious to allow us our freedom passes.

ALL HAIL GOV

I'm not bothered about attending to be honest but am very pleased there will be some sort of normality restored in terms of the whole structure and atmosphere. It will make a big difference to our team.

Virtually every pundit is saying we are the worst affected by far so the chosen 4000 have a big job on their hands.

BTW I reckon this could be a bit of false optimism. If a tier 3 tean are to play a tier 1 team away surely they won't be allowed to travel - or to attend home games if in t3 land.

Wonder if they'll carry on with the social justice virtue signalling gesture?

Sorry, of course they will.

What I mean is will there be any adverse reaction from the crowd or have we all become so conditioned to just passively accept it?

Assuming that these attendances will have to go on the official attendance records, I wonder how long it will take for the pigs propaganda machine at some point in the future to twist it into "4,000 for Premier League matches.....tinpot"

Wonder if they'll carry on with the social justice virtue signalling gesture?

Sorry, of course they will.

What I mean is will there be any adverse reaction from the crowd or have we all become so conditioned to just passively accept it?
A decent frost and they'll come to their senses:cool:

A decent frost and they'll come to their senses:cool:
I worry that the longer they keep fans away from grounds that some will find other things to pass their leisure time on.I mean you TT(this aint a dig at you by the way) stopped going and you have other interests as well as the BLADES and i know at least half a dozen BLADES who went to every home game and some away back in the 70's/80's that stopped going for one reason or another and found other ways to spend their leisure time. Get us back into grounds ASAP PLEASE.UTMPB

Virtually every pundit is saying we are the worst affected by far so the chosen 4000 have a big job on their hands.

BTW I reckon this could be a bit of false optimism. If a tier 3 tean are to play a tier 1 team away surely they won't be allowed to travel - or to attend home games if in t3 land.

Isn't it home fans only?

Reading between the lines only the town's that have behaved themselves or followed Boris's directions will be allowed spectators. As Sheffield is in tier 3 I guess we won't be one of them. Again this will put us at a greater disadvantage as some of rlvals will have spectators, We need some of our vociferous supporters there. Any volunteers if Boris is generous.

I worry that the longer they keep fans away from grounds that some will find other things to pass their leisure time on.I mean you TT(this aint a dig at you by the way) stopped going and you have other interests as well as the BLADES and i know at least half a dozen BLADES who went to every home game and some away back in the 70's/80's that stopped going for one reason or another and found other ways to spend their leisure time. Get us back into grounds ASAP PLEASE.UTMPB

I think that all crowd events will see a bit of a fall off at first even when fully open again, same with crowded pubs. There'll be a lot more caution, particularly among the elderly, but, with pubs and restaurants, of which there'll be less available, the lack of places left might well be filled due to demand.

The range of leisure pursuits, of alternatives to football,might well have reached it's peak so I don't see that being as much of a threat and I reckon people are craving for something meaningful to fill their time so, in the long run, football will be fine but the state of the economy might be the biggest limiting factor in the shorter term.

With the football again it could only happen to SUFC - everything was in place, great manager, new owner, massive support -and growing and looking as though we would rule the roost in Sheffield for generations to come particularly with the pigs imploding and along come CV.

Even if we get to the point where 10% of capacity is allowed this won't be good enough for Sheffield City Council and their non safety committee

Everybody else will have 10% quite safely but they'll just have to interfere so that we end up with 5%