Fans meet Mal Branniga Well chosen few do | Vital Football

Fans meet Mal Branniga Well chosen few do

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
Looking like we are a non entity on here

Just like Jonathan Jackson our old CEO, Mal Brannigan wants to talk to and interact with fans to shape a future for Wigan Athletic.

This started last night where around 20 fans and representatives of Mudhutter, Cockney Latic, Progress with Unity, Supporter Liaison officers Jason Taylor and Ian Wadsworth, plus of course the Supporters Club Chair Caroline Molyneux.

There was some information share that is not for publishing, but the main points would put even the most sceptical minds at ease

I see you've got that from over on CL Zakky. The link to the detail is here:

https://www.cockneylatic.co.uk/fans-meet-with-mal-brannigan/

I've left a note for Jason Taylor (presuming it was him who posted it). in his "Ask the SLO" thread. It went as follows:

Just a thought … Jason, I’m not sure if you’re “In the Know” (or it might be Ian) and have posted the stuff in the CEO meeting thread in your SLO role (which is great), but don’t you think you should communicate the info elsewhere too?

I know you say you don’t like the format (& the ads) on Vital, but it surely can’t be too painful to post (in your SLO role) the same stuff over there too.

OK, I suppose you could argue that it’s no hardship for folk to wander across here to get sight of it, but that’s not really the point.

If it makes it any easier, I can always ask for a sticky thread to be put up ….. it would just be a simple copy & paste then.

Thanks, in anticipation (of future updates).

I've left a note for Jason Taylor (presuming it was him who posted it). in his "Ask the SLO" thread. It went as follows:

Just a thought … Jason, I’m not sure if you’re “In the Know” (or it might be Ian) and have posted the stuff in the CEO meeting thread in your SLO role (which is great), but don’t you think you should communicate the info elsewhere too?

I know you say you don’t like the format (& the ads) on Vital, but it surely can’t be too painful to post (in your SLO role) the same stuff over there too.

OK, I suppose you could argue that it’s no hardship for folk to wander across here to get sight of it, but that’s not really the point.

If it makes it any easier, I can always ask for a sticky thread to be put up ….. it would just be a simple copy & paste then.

If you're the SLO surely it's your job to post on all of the places Latics fans congregate, every forum, popular facebook pages, twitter account, etc. It's only going to be a cut and paste on probably less than 10 sites / pages.

I didn't even know the SLO posted anywhere.

Well suggested.
I get the impression either the SC or the SLO dont appreciate this unofficial forum but at the end of the day we are all supporters and it's in their interests to reach out to as many platforms necessary especially as there is a risk of reduced numbers.

I was asked to make the post on here, but refused because according to some I am a liar, so don't blame anyone else.
It is the same reason I have had knowledge of what has been going on with the takeover and said nothing, and a topic that has arisen today, Kyle Joseph's injury.

I was asked to make the post on here, but refused because according to some I am a liar, so don't blame anyone else.
It is the same reason I have had knowledge of what has been going on with the takeover and said nothing, and a topic that has arisen today, Kyle Joseph's injury.

Come on LMB, thot u was a bit more hardhead than that......I was asked to make the post on here, but refused because according to some I am a liar...seriously didn't think you'd be like that cos a poster or 2 on here have had a pop / dig at u. I'm not ITK but had I been asked to post the info on here I would have if not just so other posters would get to know but also to show other posters that I'm not arsed what they think....

Come on LMB, thot u was a bit more hardhead than that......I was asked to make the post on here, but refused because according to some I am a liar...seriously didn't think you'd be like that cos a poster or 2 on here have had a pop / dig at u. I'm not ITK but had I been asked to post the info on here I would have if not just so other posters would get to know but also to show other posters that I'm not arsed what they think....

Think what you want jock, but being told you are a liar sharpens your resolve, I only posted what I have to detract the serial blamers from venting their spleens at someone else who does not deserve it.
It would have been much easier to keep stum but you know me.

I think when the supporters club evolves into a trust and has votes on it's leadership it will obviously be a better representation of the fans on things like this.

But since we currently don't have that i think they would've been better inviting a handful volunteers rather than just the people who happen to have podcasts or fanzines (but not Jay Whittle?). There is no guarantee you will ever be able to get a cross section of fans to represent the wider fanbase and you probably only want a small group so not everyone can be there. But as Zakky suggested it appears the opportunity to be part of those conversations in this instance wasn't open to everyone - unless i've missed the request for volunteers.

The logic is going to be if they want to spread the news of such meetings they want then podcasters, website owners, fanzine writers etc to be passing the info on, which makes sense, but those handful of people running those platforms obviously wont reflect the opinions of everyone. So I think it would be a good idea to put a call out for volunteers prior to future meetings who aren't affiliated with a website, forum, podcast etc. and we can give a handful of different fans a chance each time to be involved from meeting to meeting.

Look at this forum for example, there are constant disagreements so if we sent one poster to represent us each time many of the other posters would feel that poster doesn't reflect them. So i think the only fair thing is the meetings should be open to all fans and they pick different different fans each time.

I'm disappointed that you feel like that that LMB, some of us welcome your input.

If you're the SLO surely it's your job to post on all of the places Latics fans congregate, every forum, popular facebook pages, twitter account, etc. It's only going to be a cut and paste on probably less than 10 sites / pages.

I didn't even know the SLO posted anywhere.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you .... especially when they've apparently won awards.

There are email addresses on the club website, but other than that, I can find very little info on how to get in touch with them (the SLOs, not the SC) other than the thread on CL (which is run by Jason).

Think what you want jock, but being told you are a liar sharpens your resolve, I only posted what I have to detract the serial blamers from venting their spleens at someone else who does not deserve it.
It would have been much easier to keep stum but you know me.
I reckon Jock's right LMB. Two wrongs don't make a right.

In fact, if CL (as a message board) gets an invite, there's a strong argument to say the same for this site.

I'm not bothered about going, but Arthur (as Admin) or someone else might want to.

Maybe you could suggest this to your source ... and we can mention it to an SLO if they come on here.

Surely any info should be on the official club web site then everyone who is a fan will know what’s going on. Let be correct everyone will soon be getting a email asking if they are renewing. There season tickets.
Usually, they do get posted on there John ... I suppose it's just a case of them getting around to it (seeing as the comms team has been cut, and probably isn't back up to full speed yet).

In fact, if CL (as a message board) gets an invite, there's a strong argument to say the same for this site.

I'm not bothered about going, but Arthur (as Admin) or someone else might want to.

Maybe you could suggest this to your source ... and we can mention it to an SLO if they come on here.

👏👏👏👏...if they include 1 form ( CL) then surely they shud include others & I agree with your comment on LMB passing the info onto his source.

👏👏👏👏...if they include 1 form ( CL) then surely they shud include others & I agree with your comment on LMB passing the info onto his source.

I know Barry used to go to them back when he was Admin. (Not saying that Arthur must do mind you).

He probably still goes as part of the PWU set-up.

I know Barry used to go to them back when he was Admin. (Not saying that Arthur must do mind you).

He probably still goes as part of the PWU set-up.

I won't be going, but if anyone (e.g. but not restricted to LMB) attended and wanted their thoughts sharing they could PM me the details and I'll post it under my Admin remit.

I think when the supporters club evolves into a trust and has votes on it's leadership it will obviously be a better representation of the fans on things like this.

But since we currently don't have that i think they would've been better inviting a handful volunteers rather than just the people who happen to have podcasts or fanzines (but not Jay Whittle?). There is no guarantee you will ever be able to get a cross section of fans to represent the wider fanbase and you probably only want a small group so not everyone can be there. But as Zakky suggested it appears the opportunity to be part of those conversations in this instance wasn't open to everyone - unless i've missed the request for volunteers.

The logic is going to be if they want to spread the news of such meetings they want then podcasters, website owners, fanzine writers etc to be passing the info on, which makes sense, but those handful of people running those platforms obviously wont reflect the opinions of everyone. So I think it would be a good idea to put a call out for volunteers prior to future meetings who aren't affiliated with a website, forum, podcast etc. and we can give a handful of different fans a chance each time to be involved from meeting to meeting.

Look at this forum for example, there are constant disagreements so if we sent one poster to represent us each time many of the other posters would feel that poster doesn't reflect them. So i think the only fair thing is the meetings should be open to all fans and they pick different different fans each time.

That is as much as you know, for your information the majority of people on the meeting last night were ordinary fans chosen and asked because of their activity on twitter and Facebook, the only representative from CL was Jason Taylor himself.

Of those that were asked (and I have no idea who by or how) one in particular was chosen because she is highly critical on twitter of the supporters club and the so called ITK groups, she tweets under the guise of rebecca, it was thought she would ask some searching questions as she is usually very vocal, she never offered on opinion or question, so any accusation of elitism or being part of a chosen few is total rubbish.

only Jason Taylor was on the meeting from CL, I think it was how it was worded in the CL statement, but it does not say in that article that as I have just posted were identified via mainly twitter.