Fans meet Mal Branniga Well chosen few do | Page 8 | Vital Football

Fans meet Mal Branniga Well chosen few do

It does, but a lot of it is anti-supporters club, anti rugby comments and tit for tat slagging each other off. I feel sorry for the posters on here who want to debate in a positive and grown up manner. Unfortunately you have probably been overlooked for a debate with the new CEO because of the constant negativity coming from the keyboards of many posters which tars everyone with the same brush.

For every post criticising something there is a post defending it, for every daft post there is a great one and for every slagging match there is a civil debate. It's a big mixed bag and just like anything in life if you ask 30 odd people for an opinion you'll get some we agree with and some we don't.

Anyone who spends a few mins looking will see it's certainly not an echo chamber on here with a variety of views across the spectrum. I imagine it's no different than any other forum or social media page in that regard.

Any platform that is as active as here with so many opinions can get annoying at times or some of the users behaviour can on occasion be off putting. But if the club want a snapshot of a cross section of views they'd certainly get it here. It's not to say it's an accurate representation of the full fan base or that every opinion should be listened to - but if they want feedback on anything they'll get some honest answers and know you have to take the bad with the good.

Last edited:
For every post criticising something there is a post defending it, for every daft post there is a great one and for every slagging match there is a civil debate. It's a big mixed bag and just like anything in life if you ask 30 odd people for an opinion you'll get some we agree with and some we don't.

Anyone who spends a few mins looking will see it's certainly not an echo chamber on here with a variety of views across the spectrum. I imagine it's no different than any other forum or social media page in that regard.

Any platform that is as active as here with so many opinions can get annoying at times or some of the users behaviour can on occasion be off putting. But if the club want a snapshot of a cross section of views they'd certainly get it here. It's not to say it's an accurate representation of the full fan base or that every opinion should be listened to - but if they want feedback on anything they'll get some honest answers and know you have to take the bad with the good.

👏👏👏👏.....well said that man..

Correct, though your post allows us all to enter an echo chamber of self congratulation.

When certain topics are discussed, it does become an echo chamber.
For example, in discussions about Lisa Nandy, you had the same posters being against her or for her; these posters then supported each other with 'likes'. Additionally, lurkers not posters added 'likes'.

Last edited:
For example, in discussions about Lisa Nandy, you had the same posters being against her or for her; these posters then supported each other with 'likes'. Additionally, lurkers not posters added 'likes'.

I am not a Labour follower, but credit to her for what she did early on in the process as she put our problem in the spotlight and made the admins realise we had people watching our back.
I even said at the time that she could come and sit next to me when we get back in the Stadium.
Later in the process it became more apparent she had joined forces with the dark side, and appeared to have her own agenda and I think she lost a bit a respect from some fans, but fortunately we got through and hopefully are going to come out fighting.

We should all stick together now, and hopefully Lisa will bring all her friends and relatives to every match in the future now she is a superfan.

I am not a Labour follower, but credit to her for what she did early on in the process as she put our problem in the spotlight and made the admins realise we had people watching our back.
I even said at the time that she could come and sit next to me when we get back in the Stadium.
Later in the process it became more apparent she had joined forces with the dark side, and appeared to have her own agenda and I think she lost a bit a respect from some fans, but fortunately we got through and hopefully are going to come out fighting.

We should all stick together now, and hopefully Lisa will bring all her friends and relatives to every match in the future now she is a superfan.

"Joined forces with the dark side"

Care to explain that ?

Correct, though your post allows us all to enter an echo chamber of self congratulation.

When certain topics are discussed, it does become an echo chamber.

That's not an echo chambers. As any view of Nandy was never unchallenged or universal. Of course some posters have the same view and agree with others who feel the same as they do her, that is the same with everything in life. But in this instance for every post critical of Nandy there were posts defending her and both got likes. It might not have been a 50-50 for and against but the argument and counter argument were both represented.

It's the same as every other argument about manager, players, ownership, Warriors, performances, results, tactics, team selections, supporters club, etc - very rarely has there been something everyone has agreed on. On the very rare occasion there has been agreement then it must have been pretty undeniable as we've not got a bunch of people who agree on a whole lot.

Points noted. Perhaps then, it had something to do with, until recently, no WAFC fan could be arsed even moderating this board, leaving it to a Villa Fan who happens to own the site to do it, whereas the other sites had direct links to SLOs, Supporters Club Committee etc. Perhaps those looking on saw this as a less organised representation of the fan base, where loose cannons come to fire random shots.

Frampton (remember him?), only ever seemed to speak about this site, and he turned out to be a complete waste of time.

I sent an email to the SLO Ian who provided his email on here recently, providing some suggestions.

He mentioned that in the future he'd like us to canvas opinions on here to share at any future meeting so Vital could be represented. So next time a meeting is scheduled hopefully we can put a thread up on here and we can get some worthwhile suggestions or concerns we can send along - if there are any.

I'm not sure they would wanted a rep from here, but if they did we could ask for a volunteer closer to the time and see who fancied it. If they wanted someone more than once maybe we could give different people a chance each time. But it probably depends on if we collectively have anything we want to bring up.

Points noted. Perhaps then, it had something to do with, until recently, no WAFC fan could be arsed even moderating this board, leaving it to a Villa Fan who happens to own the site to do it, whereas the other sites had direct links to SLOs, Supporters Club Committee etc. Perhaps those looking on saw this as a less organised representation of the fan base, where loose cannons come to fire random shots.

Frampton (remember him?), only ever seemed to speak about this site, and he turned out to be a complete waste of time.

I think the original point Pie Eater was that even if they (the SLOs) have an affiliation to a particular site, they still (presumably) have an obligation to share information across all supporters ... whichever way they choose to do that.

This wasn't about representation. It was about communication.

I get what you mean.

With all due respect to other Latics boards i do think this is by far the most active, with that comes the inevitability that it ends up with the most arguments and the most work to moderate. So i can see how externally someone may focus on the loose cannons and mental hot takes - but that is part of getting a wide cross section of opinions. We have the extreme opposites on most arguments where it gets a bit over the top as well as lots of nuisance in the middle where there is good debate.