Fans meet Mal Branniga Well chosen few do | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fans meet Mal Branniga Well chosen few do

Before I respond to your question answer me this:
Who asked you to make the post on here?
Is your knowledge of the Kyle Joesph injury situation from an official source?

Barry asked if I wanted to say it was taking place and ask anyone interested in taking part get in touch with Jason Taylor.

I will not betray trust on the other.

Think what you want jock, but being told you are a liar sharpens your resolve, I only posted what I have to detract the serial blamers from venting their spleens at someone else who does not deserve it.
It would have been much easier to keep stum but you know me.

How would you feel if someone called you a "low life"? Grow up ffs!

only Jason Taylor was on the meeting from CL, I think it was how it was worded in the CL statement, but it does not say in that article that as I have just posted were identified via mainly twitter.

I'm not sure of your point here LMB. When you say "only" Jason Taylor, that still means that CL had representation ... even though he also had his SLO hat on too.

He then posted details on CL (assuming that he or Ian Wadsworth is the poster "In the Know") or at least passed them onto someone else on there (who is "In the Know").

It's not so much Vital not being represented that peeves me a little .... more that the SLOs, who know of the existence of this site, haven't provided an update.

Actually, thinking about it, there are numerous FB sites that I reckon would appreciate the info too. It would probably be more sensible to post the stuff on the SC site, and everyone can get it from there. I've checked, but there's nowt there.

I'm not sure of your point here LMB. When you say "only" Jason Taylor, that still means that CL had representation ... even though he also had his SLO hat on too.

He then posted details on CL (assuming that he or Ian Wadsworth is the poster "In the Know") or at least passed them onto someone else on there (who is "In the Know").

It's not so much Vital not being represented that peeves me a little .... more that the SLOs, who know of the existence of this site, haven't provided an update.

Actually, thinking about it, there are numerous FB sites that I reckon would appreciate the info too. It would probably be more sensible to post the stuff on the SC site, and everyone can get it from there. I've checked, but there's nowt there.

Why are you miffed moonay, I know you get alot of info from a group you are involved via social media, and members of that group represent some of the groups invited to take part in the meeting, did none of them tell you to inform vital, if not why after all they must know your of wanting transparency.
Ps I did not know what your reference to in the know re the article is about, in my reply to de zeuw I mentioned various adjectives used on here like select few, inner circle and even the title of this thread, chosen few to say that it is not the case, as I said before the majority were chosen from twitter/ face book, and I repeat I do not know by whom or how, I didn't say an announcement was made on those platforms.

Last edited:
Why are you miffed moonay, I know you get alot of info from a group you are involved via social media, and members of that group represent some of the groups invited to take part in the meeting, did none of them tell you to inform vital, if not why after all they must know your of wanting transparency.

Firstly, why do you choose to share such info? Is there a need for it?

Secondly, you miss my point. I was focusing on the role (and actions) of the SLOs. The SLOs should surely be inclusive re comms. That's all.

Firstly, why do you choose to share such info? Is there a need for it?

By that reply are you saying you knew of the Brannigan meeting but chose not to say anything on vital ?

Secondly, you miss my point. I was focusing on the role (and actions) of the SLOs. The SLOs should surely be inclusive re comms. That's all.

Look at my ammendment, I have previously explained why I knew about it and why I chose not to post, I have no idea why the SLOs chose not to ask for representatives, I also don't think anyone from CL was asked as JT would be there anyway and report back, I have asked in the past numwrous times for volunteers to go on the PWU podcast, one person has done so despite an open invitation so perhaps it's understandable no one asks on this occasion.

Last edited:
LMB / Moonay et al.....think the main crux of Zakky's post was the fact that very few supporters / social media outlets / forums were unaware of the zoom meeting with MB & it appears it wasn't a great mix of fans across all boards that were invited. In fact had Zakky not started this post then I'd have been totally unaware of it even happening as were probably many many others on here & elsewhere....not a great start to fan involvement in our club is it?
As to the tit for tat / he said she said point scoring posters on here.....ffs surely it can't be on every post. Perhaps that what a few on here look forward to...awaiting to snipe at any posts.

Look at my ammendment, I have previously explained why I knew about it and why I chose not to post, I have no idea why the SLOs chose not to ask for representatives, I also don't think anyone from CL was asked as JT would be there anyway and report back, I have asked in the past numwrous times for volunteers to go on the PWU podcast, one person has done so despite an open invitation so perhaps it's understandable no one asks on this occasion.

Think if it was posted on here for folks to get involved, be part of a zoom meeting, report back etc then a few on here would. If it isn't asked then you can't assume it won't be taken up. Had I been asked to do the zoom or owt else I'd have given it a go then posted on here for benefit of others on here regardless of the possible negative posts from some.....btw LMB feel free to PM me if anything like that arises n you don't fancy it.

LMB / Moonay et al.....think the main crux of Zakky's post was the fact that very few supporters / social media outlets / forums were unaware of the zoom meeting with MB & it appears it wasn't a great mix of fans across all boards that were invited. In fact had Zakky not started this post then I'd have been totally unaware of it even happening as were probably many many others on here & elsewhere....not a great start to fan involvement in our club is it?
As to the tit for tat / he said she said point scoring posters on here.....ffs surely it can't be on every post. Perhaps that what a few on here look forward to...awaiting to snipe at any posts.

What I am saying Jock is it looks like NO boards were invited, mudhutter and the pie at night are no longer forums, one produces a magazine ad hoc, the other a pod cast, apart from them, supporters club and PWU podcast the others were random choices from twitter or Facebook, well not random apparently it was down to the number of followers the have on latics subjects.

By that reply are you saying you knew of the Brannigan meeting but chose not to say anything on vital ?

No, I didn't know of the Brannigan meeting. I just don't know why you would want to share stuff I thought we'd previously discussed in confidence.

I'm not sure why you're getting touchy re the SLOs. You were (apparently) asked (not by them I presume) to share the info on here but chose not to. That's up to you I suppose, but it still misses my point of what could reasonably be expected from the SLOs.

Hopefully, we'll be able to resolve stuff going forward.

I'm not sure how the sniping started Jock. Seeing Zakky's post, I followed it up with the link from CL (as I thought summat might have been put in the SLO thread).

From my point of view, I'm just trying to sort summat out going forward ... not carry on any sniping.

No, I didn't know of the Brannigan meeting. I just don't know why you would want to share stuff I thought we'd previously discussed in confidence.

I'm not sure why you're getting touchy re the SLOs. You were (apparently) asked (not by them I presume) to share the info on here but chose not to. That's up to you I suppose, but it still misses my point of what could reasonably be expected from the SLOs.

Hopefully, we'll be able to resolve stuff going forward.

I am not getting touchy over the SLOs I am saying it looks like neither vital or CL were asked to participate, what they do is up to them, if it is felt they do not represent the interest of fans challenge their right to hold the post, as I said about the supporters club committe I would support any challenge made, not that I want any of them removed, but if people are unhappy with them don't bitch on forums from behind a keyboard do something.

I am not getting touchy over the SLOs I am saying it looks like neither vital or CL were asked to participate, what they do is up to them, if it is felt they do not represent the interest of fans challenge their right to hold the post, as I said about the supporters club committe I would support any challenge made, not that I want any of them removed, but if people are unhappy with them don't bitch on forums from behind a keyboard do something.

As I've just said in my PM, it's not about the invite, or the representation, it's about the reporting.

Anyway. Done.

It wasn't that long ago that people on here were tossing themselves off regarding the SC etc, i told you back then these lot think they are above the fans, fuck them off, waste of bloody time.

I won't be joining that lot again, true colours shown once again!

It wasn't that long ago that people on here were tossing themselves off regarding the SC etc, i told you back then these lot think they are above the fans, fuck them off, waste of bloody time.

I won't be joining that lot again, true colours shown once again!

There's no correlation between the SC and the SLOs mate. Different roles all together.