"fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2018-19 season" | Page 2 | Vital Football

"fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2018-19 season"

I just don’t understand how people like this can get joy from watching football and supporting a club of Wigan’s relative size. They make it seem such a chore - no one’s stopping you from supporting Man City if it’s money and big name players you’re after!

Sorry to correct you, but the Guardian has never been left wing. It is a Liberal paper historically. For you to say it is ' left wing' tells me more about your views than anything else. It's all about perception.

There is a clear distinction between actual liberal values and what the Guardian is now and to the standard person that is pretty left when you look at some of the stuff they come out with are the people who write for it.

I could say in return the fact you can't see that tells me a lot more about your views and suggests something about your perceptions but i think it's best not to inpune other peoples views or motives without knowing anything about their political views other than they think that overall the Mail and Guardian are both partizan. As are the Sun, Mirror, Telegraph, Independent, Fox and CNN, etc they are the ying and yangs to each other - with the true fair, balance rarely sitting in either and all (including the Guardian) prone to being disengenuine when politically expedient. I think assuming anything about anyone based on so little info can 'other' people and ends up feeding toxic identity politics that acts as a road block to political discussion.

Our journalists becoming increasingly activists and trying to make their intepretation of the facts the story rather than the story itself are a big part in what is making civil political discourse harder, on either end of the spetrum it's bad. The Guardians unfortunately are no moral beacon of journalism, they are just as guilty as the rest for pushing their version of the narrative. Just because any of us agree with the politics of a publication or broadcaster shouldn't stop us noticing the inevitable partizanship and try to avoid falling into the trap of jumping to potentially unfair or inaccurate negative conclusions about those who disagree with us or don't read the same media sources.

Anyway let's not decend further into political debate. Each to their own, agree to disagee and all that.

Last edited:
1. just isn't possible by any stretch of the imagination.
2. isn't going to happen as long as whittle continues to throw insults about.

As someone sat on the fence, watching the posts go to & fro, I can assure you that you're both as bad as each other.

I actually don't think either of you specifically "insult" each other, but bloody hell, you jump on each other's posts with a vengeance, laying into the other's opinion. I suppose we all do, to a degree, but you two are professionals at it.

Any road ........now that we have a LB (eventually), MiW will be like a new man ......... he's already stated liking Chet's posts.

;)

Moonay, you are fully aware of his M.O. This is just the latest in his line of provocative posts so I'll respond and he'll go off crying to the teacher claiming he's some form of innocent victim. I think most now see through his intentions. For the benefit of others I'll take the fear's advice and just ignore him.

It meens that your mayt Brick Dollbanger mite just be a cupple ov bricks short ov an extenshun.