Fans at the final? | Vital Football

Fans at the final?

Spursex

Alert Team
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...s-for-fa-cup-and-carabao-cup-finals-5bq83r98p

Plan to bring back fans for FA Cup and Carabao Cup finals

Martyn Ziegler, Chief Sports Reporter
Monday February 15 2021, 5.00pm, The Times
Football

Wembley could welcome socially distanced fans at test events

The FA Cup and Carabao Cup finals are being lined up as test events for the return of supporters before major sporting events this summer.
It is understood that the government is keen to explore ways of having socially distanced spectators for the big events, starting with the European Championship tournament and including Wimbledon tennis, the British Grand Prix, the Open and possibly some top race meetings and England cricket matches.
The confidence over spectators returning follows the successful launch of the vaccination programme in which 15 million people have received their first jabs against Covid-19.

Wembley is staging seven Euro 2020 matches and will need at least two test events if there are to be any fans there for the games, and the FA is planning on the basis of the stadium being 30-35 per cent full during the tournament but without supporters travelling from abroad.

The cup finals are being viewed as good opportunities for pilot events at the 90,000-seat stadium but with a smaller number of fans attending.

Once the government’s roadmap out of lockdown is published next week the Sports Technology and Innovations Group (Stig), which was set up in September, is expected to be asked to look at the best ways of getting spectators into venues, after the end of the domestic football season.
The group will be asked to come up with plans for minimal or no queueing. Spectators, potentially, will be requested to use the almost-instant lateral flow tests and wait for a negative result before entering stadiums.
Although the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) remains cautious. there is a strong desire at No 10 for major summer sporting events to be prioritised for the return of fans, at least in some numbers.

The Carabao Cup final is taking place on April 25 and it has already been pencilled in as the first test event for the new Wembley steps that have replaced the raised pedestrian walkway. The FA Cup final is scheduled to take place three weekends later, on May 15. There are other possibilities for test events, including the EFL’s play-off finals.

A source involved in the talks said that the idea was to identify events that will be targets for the return of spectators and then work backwards. “There are things to work on, such as avoiding any queues, sending tickets out in advance and lateral flow testing and, of course, finding out the numbers that can attend, but there is confidence it can be achieved,” the source said.

Another source indicated that the return of fans for Premier League and EFL matches had been all but ruled out for the rest of the season, although there could be a few games used as pilot events. The priority, according to the source, is to have Wembley prepared for Euro 2020.
The source added that the use of Covid vaccination passports was less likely as it could prove controversial, by appearing to discriminate against those that lacked them.

more...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...s-for-fa-cup-and-carabao-cup-finals-5bq83r98p

Plan to bring back fans for FA Cup and Carabao Cup finals

Martyn Ziegler, Chief Sports Reporter
Monday February 15 2021, 5.00pm, The Times
Football

Wembley could welcome socially distanced fans at test events

The FA Cup and Carabao Cup finals are being lined up as test events for the return of supporters before major sporting events this summer.
It is understood that the government is keen to explore ways of having socially distanced spectators for the big events, starting with the European Championship tournament and including Wimbledon tennis, the British Grand Prix, the Open and possibly some top race meetings and England cricket matches.
The confidence over spectators returning follows the successful launch of the vaccination programme in which 15 million people have received their first jabs against Covid-19.

Wembley is staging seven Euro 2020 matches and will need at least two test events if there are to be any fans there for the games, and the FA is planning on the basis of the stadium being 30-35 per cent full during the tournament but without supporters travelling from abroad.

The cup finals are being viewed as good opportunities for pilot events at the 90,000-seat stadium but with a smaller number of fans attending.

Once the government’s roadmap out of lockdown is published next week the Sports Technology and Innovations Group (Stig), which was set up in September, is expected to be asked to look at the best ways of getting spectators into venues, after the end of the domestic football season.
The group will be asked to come up with plans for minimal or no queueing. Spectators, potentially, will be requested to use the almost-instant lateral flow tests and wait for a negative result before entering stadiums.
Although the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) remains cautious. there is a strong desire at No 10 for major summer sporting events to be prioritised for the return of fans, at least in some numbers.

The Carabao Cup final is taking place on April 25 and it has already been pencilled in as the first test event for the new Wembley steps that have replaced the raised pedestrian walkway. The FA Cup final is scheduled to take place three weekends later, on May 15. There are other possibilities for test events, including the EFL’s play-off finals.

A source involved in the talks said that the idea was to identify events that will be targets for the return of spectators and then work backwards. “There are things to work on, such as avoiding any queues, sending tickets out in advance and lateral flow testing and, of course, finding out the numbers that can attend, but there is confidence it can be achieved,” the source said.

Another source indicated that the return of fans for Premier League and EFL matches had been all but ruled out for the rest of the season, although there could be a few games used as pilot events. The priority, according to the source, is to have Wembley prepared for Euro 2020.
The source added that the use of Covid vaccination passports was less likely as it could prove controversial, by appearing to discriminate against those that lacked them.

more...
How does it become discriminative! against those that don't have them, surely if you have had the jabs you get the passports, if you do not have the said passport then you are a possible danger to others, so again why the discrimination bullshit, is it the effin PC world we live in? or am I just being thick? lol!

How does it become discriminative! against those that don't have them, surely if you have had the jabs you get the passports, if you do not have the said passport then you are a possible danger to others, so again why the discrimination bullshit, is it the effin PC world we live in? or am I just being thick? lol!

We live in a World where even common sense isn't good enough to exclude people who might be a danger to others...

Go figure!?

According to the online calculator and current rates of vaccinations I'll not have had my first and 2nd doses til around August/September, so it's age discrimination that those of us less vulnerable to severe illness with covid won't be allowed into events whilst more vulnerable people will be allowed in as they've been given vaccines we haven't been able to have yet. lol.

According to the online calculator and current rates of vaccinations I'll not have had my first and 2nd doses til around August/September, so it's age discrimination that those of us less vulnerable to severe illness with covid won't be allowed into events whilst more vulnerable people will be allowed in as they've been given vaccines we haven't been able to have yet. lol.
Thanks freund, that discrimination! word again, donecha just love it. lol!

So we think it's going to be an old crowd then?

Perhaps the COVID passports will work the Stena Stairlifts to get to their seats in the top tier :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I thought it was a tongue in cheek comment. I may be wrong.

course it was lol

older crowd thing is interesting though. Have heard they’ve started selling tickets to a music festival in Germany but you have to upload your vaccine proof to get a ticket. Similar things being suggested here. Definitely means the festival lineups might have a different look this year if the eligible audience average age is going to go up 3 or 4decades.

course it was lol

older crowd thing is interesting though. Have heard they’ve started selling tickets to a music festival in Germany but you have to upload your vaccine proof to get a ticket. Similar things being suggested here. Definitely means the festival lineups might have a different look this year if the eligible audience average age is going to go up 3 or 4decades.

Sorry Friendorfoe ....this PC stuff winds me up sometimes....you got me there :fish:

Music fest...now thats something else... As long as Jagger can get outta his zimmer frame to perform and Bowie raised again....... then I'll be there....

My Covid “passport “ has everything on it apart from any thing that actually identifies me .
Not even my name . There is a space where I can write my name . !!!! But then anyone can write any name . ,
I don’t think my mother in law will be going to Glastonbury or Wembley this year , she could do with a little sweetener , if anyone is interested!
unless something is in the pipeline to be given on the second jab , then we won’t have a passport of any significance .
I know it’s been mooted that an app on a phone could be used , but not everyone had a smart phone , come to that , not everyone has a British / National passport .,

Maybe a stamp on the back of your hand , as you leave the vaccine centre , like they used to in “the good old days “ when you went out of a dance hall . on a Friday night . :shrug: