Fan 'completes' 1996 Premier League sticker album | Vital Football

Fan 'completes' 1996 Premier League sticker album

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
A man who was missing six stickers from a 1990s football album has tracked down the players in question so he could complete his collection.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-24992646

----------

Wonder if he gets charged for littering? lol

I found my 78 Panini stickers book the other day in my Mums loft, among other treasures such as a Space 1999 Eagle, some 1940's Eagle comics, and a few Villa goodies I will post on here in a few weeks. Ahhh memory lane.

Wurzel - 19/11/2013 09:44

I found my 78 Panini stickers book the other day in my Mums loft, among other treasures such as a Space 1999 Eagle, some 1940's Eagle comics, and a few Villa goodies I will post on here in a few weeks. Ahhh memory lane.

Bet they will be worth a few quid now

man what a waste of money those things were. This must be the first person who's ever completed one, and its taken him over 15 years

Still need a Francis Benali sticker from 15 odd years ago

Must have got pretty close to finishing that album but the missing Benali one sticks in my mind the most. My mate found one, refused to trade it with me and then decided to eat the said sticker right in front of my eyes......Still not forgiven him !

I only ever completed 1 panini sticker album as a kid - a World Cup edition think it was. With my very first pay packet in my first job I went bought a sticker album and a full box of the stickers - 100 packets. I figured there must be at least one copy of every sticker for the book...... there wasn't and I ended up with 100s of swaps with no one to swap them with and a book still requiring about 20 stickers to complete it.

I think there was an address in the back of the sticker album where you could buy(for a small extra fee) the remaining stickers of the players you were struggling to find.

Green Tea - 20/11/2013 02:33

I think there was an address in the back of the sticker album where you could buy(for a small extra fee) the remaining stickers of the players you were struggling to find.

Indeed, with all the wasted money buying packs of stickers that you already had, I figured it was probably cheaper to call the number and order one of everything. Kind takes the fun out of it though, if there ever was any fun to be had.

I luv'd collecting these sticker books, I think I stopped before 96 though tbh I would have been 16 yeah I think the 94/95 season was the last one I did remember that one, the shiney stickers was the best I only ever completed one cos my mate bought loads of boxes and I had his spares hehe

I remember needing Ray Ranson for the blues - he was like rocking horse shit! Must have been about 1984 ish?

A mate of mine kept telling me that Ray Ranson was good at taking penalties, I can remember telling him that I didnt give a shit I just wanted the sticker.

Eventually a kid at school had him in his swaps, I remember having to do a double take to see if it was real, I'd got so used to just saying got, got, got ,got. I gave him my entire tower of swaps for Ray Ranson and the other kids thought I was mad.

Childhood personified.

Every playtime out on the yard the sounds of "got,got,got,got,need,need,got,got..." all around you.

You see, technology has enhanced our lives in a million different ways, but we have definately lost something good.

I never completed one, never got anywhere near, but boy was it fun trying.