Famous 4 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Famous 4

Apollyon - 24/1/2018 18:35

Feco, they improved for 4 weeks and have since returned to shit

I'll guess we will know around late April/early May if he was any good or not.

Agreed!!!

I recall Dowie taking Palace from the bottom to the top with Palace following Christmas

Feco - 25/1/2018 05:15

Apollyon - 24/1/2018 18:35

Feco, they improved for 4 weeks and have since returned to shit

I'll guess we will know around late April/early May if he was any good or not.

Interesting info and I hope that it works out for him. Chesterfield as it looks these days would be a lousy place to start but I've been a Lester fan from early days and hope that it works out for him. In fact I'd like to see him back at the CG in some capacity some day.

I'd hate for Chesterfield to drop out of the league, that's my Grandad's team. Went to Saltergate with him a few times back in the 80's.

Can\t call my memories of Chesterfield exciting apart from the crooked spire but it's one of those old style places which needs something like a Football side to help hold the place together.

Hope they're successful in staying up.

Apollyon - 24/1/2018 16:33

I cant see any positive spin and the two clubs below them have games in hand. They had a purple patch in November, but since then have been absolutely dire and Lester has had little, if no impact on them. Barnet look to be goners but Forest Green Rovers, who narrowly lost to Chesterfield in November, are breathing down their necks and Lesters first outing as manager could prove to be disastrous.

Don’t write Barnet off yet, they played well against Lincoln on Saturday and with Westley appointed they will be a lot more competitive.

The two full backs and the two centre mids are capable of playing at a higher level.

Jack Lester was at Forest's under 18 FA Youth Cup Tie last week as indeed was Chris Cohen. But then again so were 5 or 6 other first teamers but that doesn't mean they're going into coaching.