Family Trees (N/G obviously) | Vital Football

Family Trees (N/G obviously)

LSB2

Vital Football Hero
So apart from winding some on here, the past couple of months, I've been doing my family tree. I found my biology father's parents, even though he said they died in the war, they didn't! I've also found that mum wasn't from the background she said she was from. But I did find out that her dad, Drury, came from France! He came over on 1066 for a squabble with us. So, am I proud that I come from a long line of French nobman?

Asking for a friend :-)

He (your mum's dad) came over in 1066?? So your grandad Drury is/was over 950 years old? Sorry but I am confused dot com.

He (your mum's dad) came over in 1066?? So your grandad Drury is/was over 950 years old? Sorry but I am confused dot com.

Mum's dad's side, Drury, came over in 1066. Her dad died in 1979. Sorry, if I confused lol

So, son of Drury, came over here in 1066, with William the Conqueror. Son of Drury, was named after a place in Normandy. Not sure I want to trace back the French side lol

So, son of Drury, came over here in 1066, with William the Conqueror. Son of Drury, was named after a place in Normandy. Not sure I want to trace back the French side lol
Pourquoi pas - it gives you a touch of class. You might feel a bit better knowing that the Normans were of Viking origin.

I was talking about the 1065-1066 season which finished in May 1066. The Frogs did not invade until October 1066 and the league programme was then suspended. William the Conk forced GFC to enter the petanque league as he hated football and Priestfield fell into a state of disrepair.

Pourquoi pas - it gives you a touch of class. You might feel a bit better knowing that the Normans were of Viking origin.

I did a DNA test too, and the Viking stuff came out. But I'm English and proud ;-) Apart from the French, Scandinavian, and there's German too. And I'm proud of that too :-)

I was talking about the 1065-1066 season which finished in May 1066. The Frogs did not invade until October 1066 and the league programme was then suspended. William the Conk forced GFC to enter the petanque league as he hated football and Priestfield fell into a state of disrepair.

They were waiting for Evans to leave the burger bar, and then we gave them hell :-)

Last edited:
I'll just add... That my wife's side is full of crooks, lowlifes, but many heros. More sad stories than side so far. But then my side have me, how sad is that lol

If we are ethnic Brits , we all derive from European tribes.
Immigrants from outside Europe won't share the same DNA as northern Europeans.

Americans worry about all this sort of stuff. We shrug and say not really sure. What next, acquiring gun collections? I clearly need to get back and start sorting things out. I will begin by banning nouns used as adjectives -the Germany goalkeeper eg ffs. We shall then all start practicing the longbow of a Sunday, before retiring to pubs which will NO LONGER be allowed to serve food. The Welsh, of course, will not enjoy even this option. They'll practice and then head to Mass. Yes, I'm going that far back.

A friend of my Dad's did his (my)family tree .Six generations back i have a great.......grandmother who was Dutch. Her family tree with the unusual name of Aldous can be traced back to the 1400's.