Family Stories | Vital Football

Family Stories

D

Departed

The new age of parenting. My 19 year old son, in university but currently working his summer job to pay for his tuition, asked to meet with me this morning as he had something important to talk about.

We sat down in my boardroom and he proceeded to give me a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION on why I should by him a Mac Book Pro as his Mac Air wasn't cutting it.

I'm still laughing. Hard. It's a great end to week that saw my wife fall off a ladder, break 4 vertebrae, (luckily no spinal cord damage), fracture a rib and her scapula.

Life. :8:

Is that all '80'? I thought you were going to tell us Wenger was going to be our next manager! Hell's teeth man, how's the little woman? Take her some grapes (in a bottle maybe). So what you doing on here twittering on with us? I hope she has a great recovery. Giver her some TLC, People get weeks like that. Sod the iPad. Take care mate.

I'm still laughing hard, I saw my wife fall off a ladder ?

If her scapula is broke, does that mean no cakes for a while ?

My week with the family? A year ago this week we lost our Old English Sheepdog Henry (2nd). So we went to Ireland this weekend to get our new one, Henry III. And this is he! My first time in Ireland, didn't know what to expect from the Irish but was pleasantly surprised by both the people who were very friendly and the country which was beautiful. Our dog breeder lady was VERY kind and helpful and obviously took a great deal of care with her dogs. Best yet!

We got in at 3:30 am but everything went well, ferry journey, road travel, food, accomodation, all was great. Sorry '80 this must sound amazing compared with your week. Have a better one this week eh?

Attachments

• henry III.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Nice Welsh!

The dog was sprayed by a skunk last night. It all worked out. I finally found a way to get rid of the Manchester United beach towel my brother gave me as a joke. :15:

80deg16minW - 30/6/2017 16:36

The new age of parenting. My 19 year old son, in university but currently working his summer job to pay for his tuition, asked to meet with me this morning as he had something important to talk about.

We sat down in my boardroom and he proceeded to give me a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION on why I should by him a Mac Book Pro as his Mac Air wasn't cutting it.

I'm still laughing. Hard. It's a great end to week that saw my wife fall off a ladder, break 4 vertebrae, (luckily no spinal cord damage), fracture a rib and her scapula.

Life. :8:

Ouch, wish her the best from me.

As you know took my youngest to Uni Friday, with Mac book air that she'd decided was absolutely necessary...I like the presentation in the boardroom approach, he obviously has his Dad's sale skills.., :10:

Hope you're looking after her well.

Lol. He can't close. He didn't convince me the upgrade was necessary.

Youngest is looking at Universities now. Secretly hoping he picks UBC or something else out west. The other two stayed in Ontario. Booooring. Good schools though.

80deg16minW - 27/9/2017 11:04

Lol. He can't close. He didn't convince me the upgrade was necessary.

Youngest is looking at Universities now. Secretly hoping he picks UBC or something else out west. The other two stayed in Ontario. Booooring. Good schools though.

Perhaps he should return to the mother country and get a proper education ..lol!

I'd agree with that at the elementary and secondary school level. After that, it depends on what he wants to do.

One piece of advice I have given my children is choose where you want to live based on what you love to do outside of work. I wish someone had given me that advice.

80deg16minW - 27/9/2017 14:01

I'd agree with that at the elementary and secondary school level. After that, it depends on what he wants to do.

One piece of advice I have given my children is choose where you want to live based on what you love to do outside of work. I wish someone had given me that advice.

My daughter is virtually living above a night club/ bar.... :15: :21:

So.....my youngest, who is 17, is living large this year.

He leaves Sunday for Mont Tremblant where he will be coaching a U12 ski team for a week. He gets paid for this.

When he returns we leave 5 days later for Christmas in Costa Rica. It's the kids Christmas present

He just texted me that he has been invited to ski Revelstoke with a friend and his friend's dad after exams in January. Paid for by his friend's dad.

He is touring Italy with his rugby team for 10 days over March Break which he paid for himself.

And to top it all off, another of his friend's parents are paying for my son and his friend to go to New Zealand after graduating in June for a ski and rugby watching trip for 3 weeks.

I want to be reincarnated as my kid.

80deg16minW - 6/12/2017 16:23

So.....my youngest, who is 17, is living large this year.

He leaves Sunday for Mont Tremblant where he will be coaching a U12 ski team for a week. He gets paid for this.

When he returns we leave 5 days later for Christmas in Costa Rica. It's the kids Christmas present

He just texted me that he has been invited to ski Revelstoke with a friend and his friend's dad after exams in January. Paid for by his friend's dad.

He is touring Italy with his rugby team for 10 days over March Break which he paid for himself.

And to top it all off, another of his friend's parents are paying for my son and his friend to go to New Zealand after graduating in June for a ski and rugby watching trip for 3 weeks.

I want to be reincarnated as my kid.

Be prepared for empty nest syndrome ...