FAIR PLAY | Page 3 | Vital Football

FAIR PLAY

Heheeeeee

The blokes in the pub....

That's funny as fuck even by your standards

Do you not listen to the opinion of others? I forget you’re the sage of everything football and for sale signs. Funny how you take the opinions of some randoms on a message board though, eh. You fucking wally.

"Seems strange that the majority of people who were in the pub on Saturday night watching were of the same opinion. The vast majority of people in and around the bars last season thought the same too."

seriously - this is a supposedly grown bloke who has trained in law - this is the way he attempts to validate an opinion - he has to imagine he has the support of half the fuckin town on a matchday to make himself feel clever

fucking hilarious and he just can't see it

No, that’s just the feeling amongst a vast amount of supporters. The facts/stats are there to back that opinion up as well as being able to watch his useless ability as a whole on the tv.

But hey, if you think having a similar opinion to others is hilarious then that’s your strange persona.

As said on a number of occasions, I could say that the sky was blue this afternoon and you’ll always follow me around, find a way to comment and attempt to counter it, all because I upset you a few years ago. Now that, for a supposed grown man, is a sad trait to have.

I guess I’m more qualified, as you mentioned above, to make that call. In any event, and as I’ve previously averred to, it’s not just about stats either. His general play which isn’t covered under statistics is shocking. Convenient that you fail to mention that again.

Give yourself a day off, man. You’re getting worse as you get older.

go on then.......you're claim is that Lascelles is woeful and should be nowhere near a PL team - using all available stats, prove that to be true

This isn't even about a defence of Lascelles for me - I just enjoy giving an obsessive narcissist the opportunity to show themselves for what they are

You couldn't even wait for the team to concede a goal before you had to try and prove yourself correct - you had to crowbar Lascelles into the conversation in the first game of the season when we won and didn't concede

Your obsessive need to constantly try and prove a point is entertaining as fuck

I fully understand that you sit and reply thinking you're looking the dogs bollux but rest assured, myself and the majority of people in and around the pubs think you're a fuckin knacker

I don't know about any of that, you lads seem to have something personal going on. But I really don't rate Lascelles as a footballer either. His positioning is so often suspect in my view. Still you get what you pay for I guess.

Lascelles is shit, he makes Titus Bramble look like Vincent Kompany! Frequently out of position and marking shadows, poor concentration levels and his distribution is lacking, also he's too bloody slow.

Yes he's a £3m signing from a lower league but that's no excuse. It's down to the coaching staff to bring them up to PL standards as well as the player adapting to the league.

Leicester paid £1m for Jamie Vardy from then non league Fleetwood Town and Spurs paid £5m for Dele Ali from MK Dons and they are now established England internationals, so what is Lascelles excuse?

Titus Bramble was utter garbage , not many worse than him. He had the odd good game but was very often error prone . I would class him alongside Boumsong . Both stole a living as footballers. Lascelles is/was better and more consistent than Bramble ever was .

Titus Bramble was utter garbage , not many worse than him. He had the odd good game but was very often error prone . I would class him alongside Boumsong . Both stole a living as footballers. Lascelles is/was better and more consistent than Bramble ever was .
Not many players get to play more in the Champions League than Bramble mate. For me he was usually excellent for 85 minutes with the odd terrible clanger. Whilst Lascelles in my view is just poor to moderate all the time. Certainly consistent.

They used to say that if games were 80 minutes then Bramble would've been a world beater. It was those last 10 minutes that he would lose concentration and drop some enormous clangers. The difference then was we had the forward players to make up for it.

Lascelles has 10 minute spells where he isn't concentrating, that's at any point during the game and more than once.

Boumsong was just shit, an absolute awful footballer!

Just to repeat where I'm at in the debate

I think Lascelles is an average PL defender - certainly not as shit as a few of you think he is though

For me, his real strength is his leadership and organisation of the defensive unit as a whole - hes a definite miss when not in there

My only issue with the criticism is that I've watched games where other players, Joelinton and Rose inparticular were stand out shit but sure enough Lascelles was the one singled out by the usual suspects

If we were happy with the standard of every player we wouldn't have an issue with Ashley - but for some reason Lascelles seems to get judged by a different set of rules

Last edited:
Just to repeat where I'm at in the debate

I think Lascelles is an average PL defender - certainly not as shit as a few of you think he is though

For me, his real strength is his leadership and organisation of the defensive unit as a whole - hes a definite miss when not in there

My only issue with the criticism is that I've watched games where other players, Joelinton and Rose inparticular were stand out shit but sure enough Lascelles was the one singled out by the usual suspects

If we were happy with the standard of every player we wouldn't have an issue with Ashley - but for some reason Lascelles seems to get judged by a different set of rules

Whilst i agree in the main with the point on Lascelles on Ashley I disagree. I don't care who he buys the issues with Ashley aren't about the standard of player .

Whilst i agree in the main with the point on Lascelles on Ashley I disagree. I don't care who he buys the issues with Ashley aren't about the standard of player .

My main issue with Ashley has always been about lack of investment

My point was though - I see very little sense in constantly whinging on about one of Ashleys purchases

My main issue with Ashley has always been about lack of investment

My point was though - I see very little sense in constantly whinging on about one of Ashleys purchases

"If we were happy with the standard of every player we wouldn't have an issue with Ashley"

That's your main issue . Not mine. Not a lot of people's. You said "we". If he goes and buys Messi, Van Dijk and De Bruyne the morra nothing changes for me. Where as for you he's forgiven.

"If we were happy with the standard of every player we wouldn't have an issue with Ashley"

That's your main issue . Not mine. Not a lot of people's. You said "we". If he goes and buys Messi, Van Dijk and De Bruyne the morra nothing changes for me. Where as for you he's forgiven.

I was talking historically - nothing changes going forward