FAIR PLAY | Page 2 | Vital Football

FAIR PLAY

Fair assessment. The new players complimented our better performers from last season.

Lascelles is still fucking woeful though. Turns like the QE2, can’t tackle, gets beat in the air and his distribution is awful. I wish Fernandez was 10 years younger.

Lascelles is terrible. How he was ever touted as an England international is beyond me.

Fair assessment. The new players complimented our better performers from last season.

Lascelles is still fucking woeful though. Turns like the QE2, can’t tackle, gets beat in the air and his distribution is awful. I wish Fernandez was 10 years younger.

Fernandez and schar are our 2 best defenders now that lejeune is gone. I think they would complimenteach other well with Fernandez doing the dirty work and schar playing it out of defence. What do i know tho

One thing that did catch the eye on Saturday's game was Bruce's profile as he was standing on the line. It would appear he's taken full advantage of the on-line shopping deals available :grinning:

A solid performance, cant say anyone had a poor game .. the new signings that played slotted in well . Thought Hendricks was quiet at times but that was mainly due to a lot of play coming down our left hand side. Wilson will be a breath of fresh air as he looks to have flashes of it all ie goal poaching , shooting from distance and heading . Lewis looks slight of frame but seemed to get up and down well enough . Saint will be double teamed often this season as seen in this game as per fouls on him far away from any danger areas.
3 points away from home and a clean sheet ! Decent performance nowt much to complain about really...... but some will

You're right, but our foreign goalie didn't play. And our black captain only helped keep a clean sheet away.

Not good enough.

Despite having tall central defenders its surprising how weak we are in the air. Carroll did most of the heading away of crosses and Darlow looks suspect on crosses.

I know you love the bloke deep down OM :grinning:
The stats for last season back up your criticism of him on the ground...... but not aerially.
They point to Schar being the problem in that department,big time.
It could be the reason Bruce tried him out in midfield a few times ?
I didn't see Lascelles do much wrong against West Ham mind ....

I know you love the bloke deep down OM :grinning:
The stats for last season back up your criticism of him on the ground...... but not aerially.
They point to Schar being the problem in that department,big time.
It could be the reason Bruce tried him out in midfield a few times ?
I didn't see Lascelles do much wrong against West Ham mind ....

I very much doubt that last seasons stats do back up his criticism of him

Do the stats say that he is woeful, turns like the QE2, cant tackle and has awful distribution ???

Or do they just point to an average PL defender signed on the cheap ?

Last edited:
According to the PL stats for last season, under the the heading "Errors leading to goal" he has 1

One error leading directly to a goal

If that doesn't prove there is an agenda against the lad from some quarters on here I don't know what does

It’s not just blatant errors that lead to goals. It’s also marking shadows and being generally shit.

But then again, even a pedantic **** like you would know that.

The simple fact of the matter is, he shouldn’t be anywhere near a premier league football club.

You really need to stop putting over your ill informed opinion as fact

It makes you look stupid when facts are put up against your opinion

One thing that did catch the eye on Saturday's game was Bruce's profile as he was standing on the line. It would appear he's taken full advantage of the on-line shopping deals available :grinning:

Was Hugo Boss wasn't it? Maybe Ashley has given him a discount card or sent him some rejected stock.

I very much doubt that last seasons stats do back up his criticism of him

Do the stats say that he is woeful, turns like the QE2, cant tackle and has awful distribution ???

Or do they just point to an average PL defender signed on the cheap ?

Got the stats from here mac.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9257/Jamaal-Lascelles/stats?co=1&se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5220/Fabian-Schär/stats?co=1&se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5672/Federico-Fernández/stats?co=1&se=274

Compared him to Schar because of the amount of games they both played although his tackling looked poor compared to Fernandez too.

That said stats rarely give you the full picture without factoring in extenuating circumstances.

Got the stats from here mac.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9257/Jamaal-Lascelles/stats?co=1&se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5220/Fabian-Schär/stats?co=1&se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5672/Federico-Fernández/stats?co=1&se=274

Compared him to Schar because of the amount of games they both played although his tackling looked poor compared to Fernandez too.

That said stats rarely give you the full picture without factoring in extenuating circumstances.

The point I was really trying to make PM was - do the stats prove that he shouldn't be anywhere near a PL team as has been suggested

To yet again single him out in a game we won and didn't concede is fuckin laughable but he just can't help doing it

Last edited:
Just because we won doesn't mean he didn't play absolutely shit. West Ham had all of their best chances as a result of Lascelles from my recollection. If it wasn't for the bar, we would have been screwed. All that hard work could have been wasted because our captain isn't up to scratch.

Seems strange that the majority of people who were in the pub on Saturday night watching were of the same opinion. The vast majority of people in and around the bars last season thought the same too. But no, cuntchops always knows best because he still has his Lascelles pyjamas.

And yes, whilst the stats do show he's a shit defender, it's his overall gameplay that is woeful. He is slow, constantly out of position, marks the floodlight shadows, is poor in the tackle, turns like cruise liner and his technique is dreadful for a supposed professional.

The point I was really trying to make PM was - do the stats prove that he shouldn't be anywhere near a PL team as has been suggested

To yet again single him out in a game we won and didn't concede is fuckin laughable but he just can't help doing it
Who ? :whist::grinning: