Facebook v Twitter | Vital Football

Facebook v Twitter

I prefer twitter .... with facebook it has put me 'off' people I regarded as friends, just because of the kind of things they leave as statuses.

I use twitter. Both are useless. Facebook is dangerous, as anyone who works with young people will tell you.

Facebook is the 1 I use most. Easier to use and keep within your circle of friends and family.

Twitter I think is very much for keeping up with what is going on in the world. I use it because I am a comper (I enter alot of competitions=comper/s is our nickname) so Twitter use for me is for the daily comps on their which are many.

Yes I do win comps too. Then I enter alot so the law of averages means I must. I am a member of a competition club which gives me daily access to all the competitions around on and off the virtual world

Vital Villa....

Then facebook, although I don't really post that much and what I do post is usually tongue in cheek or poor jokes.

Twitter baffles me, it encourages an awful use of a very nice language and so I just don't go on. I have Prep to run Vital Twitter and he does a great job (over 9000 following now!) and i run the facebook one, although I'd happily not! That has 4300 ish I think.

Youve got to be dedicated to run a vv twitter account or a facebook one... fairplay to the amount of follows and likes.

no, you've got to suffer a bit and earn a status, one will crop up in my mind! Can't remember your last one but think it was about the dinosaur!

They were needed for the business Barney, had to set them up for all sites and it was a fecking nightmare doing it!!!!!!!!!! 92 or more in total.

I use Facebook. Don't see the point of Twitter. It seems to be mostly used to stalk celebrities and abuse people.

BB you can also see whats trending on twitter to see what people are saying about a certain subject. I never use that much though to be honest. Its quite hard to pick which one is the best as both of them are completely different.

Put it this way. When I climed snowdon I raised £1, 200 for acorns. Most of my donations come from twitter including donations from steve froggy, shaune teale and john Gregory. Twitter is a powerful tool if you use it correctly.

Barney2004 - 27/10/2013 10:05

I wouldnt mind getting into something like that. What type of things do you win?

Skies the limit Barney with comps! It is so much easier today with their being internet as you have Google for answers and help etc. Alot of comps are online so it saves on postage. You need to do alot per week to win regularly. I average a prize every 3 weeks. Not always big. I enter the small 1's as well as prizes add up.

You get into your own way with too. I have learnt so much about how to in little time per day. It takes on average about an hour a day to enter all. I do between 200-350 comps per week, which works out at 30-45 ish a day.

It sounds alot but it isn't. Like I said on average an hour a day. Just another hobby like going off and playing golf for a day or going to VP which is a day for us, with traveling etc, where we are.

This past year I have won Morrison's shopping voucher, Asda shopping vouchers and gift tokens, £100 in cash, quite a few DVD's, Craft products, handbag, Cabin trolley bag, Nintendo Wii (Grandson Christmas present) um um cuddly toy, cuddly toy, beauty products, Amazon vouchers, Hair products and a free hairdo at a posh hairstylist in York LOL.

There is loads of short cuts and ways to do comps to keep time minimum on it, so it is just part of your daily life and doesn't take over.

I have an address book I keep passwords in for all the sites, a note book and I mark up every comp I enter with closing date so I can check back if I am unsure if I have entered a comp or not. Um um what else?

Plenty of postcards, always have a book of 2nd class stamps. What else? You learn to clear you Twitter & Facebook accounts down weekly/fortnightly of likes and follows from the comps you have entered so you can keep on top of your newsfeeds.

Too enter this amount you need to be in a comp club/s. If you want the details of what I use P.M me and I send you the details.

Do it as fun. It is not a hobby that makes you money in that sense. Just nice to beable to either get a nice letter, a phone call or an e-mail saying you have won. Anticipation of getting the post now is far better.

Of-course I hope for the big 1 1 day, depending what you call the big 1. Very few money comps around now. They are mainly voucher comps, actual prizes.

I have access to FB/Twitter comps, coffee break daily comps, weekend comps, monthly, weekly, short term, long term comps and various.

You have to like and be an organizer to do them. I also look at comps in a way of who would like this if it is something I don't want.

I have given comp wins away to friends too, like craft gifts as that isn't my cup of tea. It also helps the stocking fillers too. LOL.

Like I said inbox me if you want more details of whom to use, etc. Oh and you do get the answers to various comps too. Though obviously not to tie-breaker comps etc.

Like I said I am happy to share the tools I use for comping with you various websites to help etc. etc.

Kefkat, cheers for all that information mate and I am definitely interested and will probably knuckle down after xmas and give it a bash.

What about the pop up ones that come up. Ones like shoot the duck to win an ipad. Do you bother with those ones too?

Barney2004 - 27/10/2013 14:42

Kefkat, cheers for all that information mate and I am definitely interested and will probably knuckle down after xmas and give it a bash.

What about the pop up ones that come up. Ones like shoot the duck to win an ipad. Do you bother with those ones too?

No no no no! There are also scams out there. You learn how to discern between what is kosha and what isn't. You never touch the 1's like prizefinder who you have to tick boxes and sign up for phone calls for things, as you never get rid of them.

Oh and you need a spare old phone. doesn't matter what, with a pay as you go sim. You do NOT give your main mobile no or landline. Where it asks for a phone no you put in the pay as you go no. That way you can screen calls coming through and which to answer. If you do pick it up to a PPI call you just tell them to do 1, politely.

Oh yes and you need a separate comping e-mail addy. Don't do a Google 1, if you are with Google as your main addy as it links all Google e-mail accounts together.

The reason is because you get drowned in e-mails. It is not always easy to tell when you enter a comp whether to tick the box saying I don't want e-mails from you, as they often don't make it clear.

i will inbox you some links for when you start, of things you will need

Cheers mate thays really helpfull advice. When I dtart doing it can I always email or PM you if I get stuck? For the sake of an hour a day its worth doing. I can do it on my lunch break at work.

Barney2004 - 27/10/2013 15:01

Cheers mate thays really helpfull advice. When I dtart doing it can I always email or PM you if I get stuck? For the sake of an hour a day its worth doing. I can do it on my lunch break at work.

Yes no problem. I will pm you my e-mail addy. If you miss an odd day it can take longer than an hour obviously to catch up. The 1 part of the comp club I am in comes in a magazine once a month, so I go through the book first to mark up which 1's I am going to do. Starting with the earliest date end 1's I work through them a few a day depending on how much time I have on top of the others. You get time off on the weekend as the only 1's available are FB & Twitter on the weekend.

Your welcome. Happy to help. it is a great hobby :14:

I prefer facebook to twitter, but the privacy concerns worry me. Basically I hate the business but like the "product"

Look in your security sessings mate. You can make everything private. Or if you cant make things privat just dont post things that you dont want everyone to see :)