Facebook and Instagram to block posts about white nationalism and seperation..... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Facebook and Instagram to block posts about white nationalism and seperation.....

When was it last raised in the media? You can’t remember it was so long ago. Anyway, this post is about real far-right actual terrorism not peoples’ abhorrent views.
If you are referring to the thread rather than a post, then no it isn't

Prof jordan peterson had his book banned at a NZ book store after the shootings (banning now overturned). Also had an offer of a 2 month visiting fellowship withdrawn from cambridge uni.
He is an advocate of free speech and is against all extreme groups but the thought police have jumped in withought reading what he writes.

Pro Jordan Peterson:

Tabatha Southey, a columnist for the Canadian magazine Macleans, designated him “the stupid man’s smart person”.

Peterson’s secret sauce is to provide an academic veneer to a lot of old-school right wing cant, including the notion that most academia is corrupt and evil, and banal self-help patter,” says Southey. “He’s very much a cult thing, in every regard. I think he’s a goof, which does not mean he’s not dangerous.”

Not everybody is persuaded that Peterson is a thinker of substance. Last November, fellow University of Toronto professor Ira Wells called him “the professor of piffle”

Since his confrontation with Cathy Newman on TV, the Canadian academic’s book has become a bestseller. But his arguments are riddled with ‘pseudo-facts’ and conspiracy theories.

Sounds right up some people’s street.

Peterson has also condemned the alt-right but we'll ignore those in order to paint him as an alt-right white supremist :yes:

And it is well recognised that "pseudo-facts" based upon centuries worth of established psychology research is fake compared against people's feelings.

For those not familiar with him, his argument that brought him to attention was that compelled speech where another person could basically give another person a dictionary of acceptable words and language and that any deviation would be considered hate speech is a dangerous slope and anti-free speech. Of course, his critics translates this as transphobia despite the fact that he has always made comments like:

"If the standard transsexual person wants to be regarded as he or she, my sense is I'll address you according to the part that you appear to be playing "

After being called "the professor of piffle" by Ira Wells, Peterson has challenged him multiple times for a debate but Mr Wells is always washing his hair. It is also worth noting that Ira Wells is not a qualified psycologist and is an assistant professor in the Department of English and Drama at Peterson's university. I think Dr Peterson might have nicked his seat in the canteen once.

Thus wrote the poster of piffle.

We’re going off topic. The post was about two social media platforms dealing with far-right terrorism.

Too many people have not actually listened to Peterson themselves but believe the hype, you may not agree with him on everything but to quote other peoples opinion instead of your own hmm! He is in favour of free speech and does not support any extreme groups or opinions.
I believed the hype but made the effort to listen to him and realised that although I disagree with many of his arguments I had been duped. His crime is that he gets linked to right wing sites who link him in an attempt to get some legitimacy.

And I am to the left of Corbyn.

It was about white nationalism and separation, it is you that keeps referring to terrorism
The two are inextricably linked; they are mutually inclusive. You don’t see it because you’re somewhere in the pyramid of that hatred with your islamophobia, which is the foundation of terrorism

The two are inextricably linked; they are mutually inclusive. You don’t see it because you’re somewhere in the pyramid of that hatred with your islamophobia, which is the foundation of terrorism
Sorry, Islamophobia is the foundation of terrorism?

You posted a far-right video after the NZ massacre, which you would describe as free speech. You’ve made other comments and references to our far-right friend Tommy. You have far-right leanings and are an islamophobe and I posted an article that shows similarities between the far-right and IS in terms of MO and lack of tolerance and therein lies the irony.

You posted a far-right video after the NZ massacre, which you would describe as free speech. You’ve made other comments and references to our far-right friend Tommy. You have far-right leanings and are an islamophobe and I posted an article that shows similarities between the far-right and IS in terms of MO and lack of tolerance and therein lies the irony.

Are you considering me to be an extremist ?
Comparing me with ISIS ?

Are you considering me to be an extremist ?
Comparing me with ISIS ?
You clearly did not read the article. If you did you would see I’m not comparing you with IS. I am calling you an extremist because you expound extremist views - you call it populism but the sort of islamophobia preached by Tommy or that video you posted is far-right extremism.

The similarity in lack of tolerance is between the far-right and Islam, not the far-right and IS. Tommy Robinson and his supporters don't commit terrorist acts, neither do the majority of Muslims. The teachings of the far-right and of Islam however lead some to commit terrorist acts.

The similarity in lack of tolerance is between the far-right and Islam, not the far-right and IS. Tommy Robinson and his supporters don't commit terrorist acts, neither do the majority of Muslims. The teachings of the far-right and of Islam however lead some to commit terrorist acts.
So you didn't read or comprehend the article clearly