Facebook and Instagram to block posts about white nationalism and seperation..... | Vital Football

Facebook and Instagram to block posts about white nationalism and seperation.....

Vodapadi Beef Sache

Vital Squad Member
Facebook to block the above posts.... searchers now will be directed to a charity which campaigns against far right extremism.......

Censorship or common sense ......is it better to see and hear and argue against the extremists or ban the message completely and send underground ...... does that then lead to extremists committing atrocities to allow them to be heard....

Thoughts ......,

All it'll do is make the extremism go underground and out of sight until something happens.

I wonder if the block will include the subsection of black lives matter who demand black only safe spaces.

I do wonder how the terms are defined thought and if discussion of any "white issues" may be defined as racist.

I don’t know about the title but I know they’re clamping down on ‘fake news’, from such outlets.

It's a good decision, white nationalism and far right extremism are unacceptable forms of nationalism and extremism

Before commenting, I suggest you go and look at some of these far-right web-sites. See what these people are getting up to. From one extreme, if you like, where VG post a video of someone arguing that the NZ massacre was inevitable and we should expect more to sites that were actively praising the NZ killer and planning more such attacks.

By all means debate such matters with those with more extreme views than your own but, remember, FB and Instagram don't take these matters likely and white supremacists are far more prevalent and open in the USA, which is the driver for such decisions. Do you really want that here? Yesterday, I posted a comment by the West Midlands Anti Terror Unit that said 20% of terrorist incidents are or could be perpetrated by far-right extremists, after ISIS, and is a group growing more rapidly than any other.

Had there been equivalent action back in the 30s would it were possible, perhaps 7/8 millions, Jews, Romanies, Slavs and homosexuals would not have been exterminated.

One or two who shall be nameless will state that expressions of hatred are simply exercising freedom of speech.

Before commenting, I suggest you go and look at some of these far-right web-sites. See what these people are getting up to. From one extreme, if you like, where VG post a video of someone arguing that the NZ massacre was inevitable and we should expect more to sites that were actively praising the NZ killer and planning more such attacks.

I would suggest that you don't. You will be flagged up somewhere.

WayneKerr, do you not think that some kind of retaliatory attack against Muslims for all of the terrorist attacks against the west was inevitable? It's very different saying that, than saying it was justified.

I would suggest that you don't. You will be flagged up somewhere.

WayneKerr, do you not think that some kind of retaliatory attack against Muslims for all of the terrorist attacks against the west was inevitable? It's very different saying that, than saying it was justified.
You would say that wouldn't you but, then without naming names, you are one who has expressed extreme views on this forum.

MI5, MI6, Counter terrorist squad, all of these use the internet as a tool to identify possible targets for the watch list. Driving these groups underground doesn't make them go away, just harder to find.

MI5, MI6, Counter terrorist squad, all of these use the internet as a tool to identify possible targets for the watch list. Driving these groups underground doesn't make them go away, just harder to find.
You don't think these groups limit themselves to Facebook or Instagram do you? Perhaps you do. They have many websites and use e-mails ffs!

By all means debate such matters with those with more extreme views than your own but, remember, FB and Instagram don't take these matters likely and white supremacists are far more prevalent and open in the USA, which is the driver for such decisions. Do you really want that here? Yesterday, I posted a comment by the West Midlands Anti Terror Unit that said 20% of terrorist incidents are or could be perpetrated by far-right extremists, after ISIS, and is a group growing more rapidly than any other.

Had there been equivalent action back in the 30s would it were possible, perhaps 7/8 millions, Jews, Romanies, Slavs and homosexuals would not have been exterminated.

One or two who shall be nameless will state that expressions of hatred are simply exercising freedom of speech.

Have to agree WK ..... I was reading my weekend newspaper recently on exactly that and they mentioned far right websites such as Stormfront. I am normally an advocate of free speech on all sides but this website was beyond the acceptable.... just pure hatred against anything non white. It was pretty frightening that these types of views are out there and are being published. These types of websites encourage the attacks and need addressing if only to protect lives.

I don’t know about the title but I know they’re clamping down on ‘fake news’, from such outlets.

CNN must be crapping themselves :grinning:

Seriously though, any thing extreme, be it far right, far left, hard religious nuts or any other extreme view must be countered

Free speech and open debate are open to interpretation but seriously: we have experienced a mass killing streamed live alongside an extremist manifesto. That has nothing to do with free speeech and we need to prioritise the protection of human life.