Fabrizio Romano hails Pape Sarr deal.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fabrizio Romano hails Pape Sarr deal..

If I was managing us I would be asking if it was possible to end Sarrs loan. He is performing above expectations this season already. I know it's early but he was up against some of the best players in the world yesterday and more than held his own. I am glad we have this deal done as the big boys are starting to get interested

If I was managing us I would be asking if it was possible to end Sarrs loan. He is performing above expectations this season already. I know it's early but he was up against some of the best players in the world yesterday and more than held his own. I am glad we have this deal done as the big boys are starting to get interested

Funnily enough, we had that discussion at the lodge yesterday (I was there for other matters) and got speaking to a couple of reps about him, general view was it was a non-starter as the guy who's been briefed to monitor him has said it's a season-long deal and can't be changed now. My view was that anything can be changed in this business if you can come up with the right incentive (i.e. more money) but he is certainly attracting some interest, but too late for them now!

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/pape-matar-sarr-tottenham-transfer-21659055

Once again named in the Metz midfield on Wednesday night for their game against league leaders Paris Saint-Germain, Sarr played in a slightly deeper role than he has done in recent weeks given the talent in Mauricio Pochettino's side.

Coming up against Georginio Wijnaldum, Rafinha and Danilo Pereira in midfield, Sarr didn't look out of place one bit and instead rose to the occasion and subsequently caught the eye.

On a night when a player of his age could have struggled up against more experienced opposition, the youngster took everything in his stride and showed why he is rated so highly in the game.

Always neat and tidy on the ball when in possession, Sarr looked to get the ball forward with some adventurous passing at times rather than opting to play it simple as Metz tried to cause PSG big problems in the final third.

He even attempted a rather ambitious effort from 35 yards that proved to be no trouble at all for Keylor Navas as the ball sailed way over the crossbar.

Metz's No.15 showcased his incredible energy levels in the match as he never stepped running, continued to press his opponents and got back time and time again to help the backline deal with the threat of Kylian Mbappe and Neymar.

Sarr in fact dispossessed the former in the second half on one occasion just as the French international looked to break forward after the hosts had lost possession.

It really was a fine box-to-box midfield display from the Tottenham man and one that certainly didn't deserve to be on the losing side following their late 2-1 defeat in stoppage time.

His stats were also impressive as he completed 12 recoveries on the night, won four out of his seven duels and completed 30 of his 39 passes - no mean feat against a dominant PSG side.

Tottenham fans were purring over his performance but they will have to wait until next season until he returns to the capital and takes his place in Nuno Espirito Santo's squad.

Already boasting some excellent midfield options as things stand, Sarr can give the team a further boost in the middle of the park upon his arrival going on his display against PSG.

Paratici was certainly right when he stated that Sarr is "one of the most talented in Europe" right now.

Although he won't be a Tottenham player until 2022, he may in fact turn out to be the Lilywhites' best bit of business in the 2021 summer transfer market after all.

The loan back was a pre-condition of the sale to us and also his parents had personal reasons for wanting it delayed (no I don't know what they were, only that it was an integral part of the deal), it was speculated to me that they wanted to find schools for his siblings here BEFORE leaving France.

So not so bewildering really, issues like this with youngsters are commonplace when buying from abroad.
Makes sense. They'll need to find a replacement & he clearly needs more time to develop in familiar surroundings.

Amuses me how Sarr is already world class at 19 before even kicking a ball for Spurs. Not playing for Spurs is definitely the best strategy to be idolised by the fans.

Probably end up being world class for someone else...LOL

Funnily enough, we had that discussion at the lodge yesterday (I was there for other matters) and got speaking to a couple of reps about him, general view was it was a non-starter as the guy who's been briefed to monitor him has said it's a season-long deal and can't be changed now. My view was that anything can be changed in this business if you can come up with the right incentive (i.e. more money) but he is certainly attracting some interest, but too late for them now!

I don't know the ins and out of the loan. As you say from pure football reasons he is the player I am most excited about. I have been taking an interest in French football for a few years. Papa Sarr is a player that is as interesting as I have seen. There is nothing to say he will be a success but at 19 to be the main man in any team playing in the top division. Can't wait to see what he can bring. My only worry is I do not think Nuno is th man to get that out of him.

I don't know the ins and out of the loan. As you say from pure football reasons he is the player I am most excited about. I have been taking an interest in French football for a few years. Papa Sarr is a player that is as interesting as I have seen. There is nothing to say he will be a success but at 19 to be the main man in any team playing in the top division. Can't wait to see what he can bring. My only worry is I do not think Nuno is th man to get that out of him.

We will all blame you if this fails. LOL

Amuses me how Sarr is already world class at 19 before even kicking a ball for Spurs. Not playing for Spurs is definitely the best strategy to be idolised by the fans.

Three seasons of Alli and Lo Celso kicking a ball around for Spurs has taken us to the backwaters of mediocrity.

We will all blame you if this fails. LOL

I wish I could take the credit for him. I have been shouting to who ever would listen the players I would love to see at spurs was Boubacar Kamara, Eduardo Camavinga, Ryan Gravenberch, Antony, Johnathan Tah, Edmond Tapsoba , Moussa diaby ,Leon Bailey , Donyell Malen ,Myron Boadu, Gabriel Barbosa and more recently Kaio Jorge. They are all players I know plenty about and I know some have now moved but there are others that I believe will move us forward. I have missed out like everyone a whole year of watching football so Papa Sarr i only know what I have watched this season.

I wish I could take the credit for him. I have been shouting to who ever would listen the players I would love to see at spurs was Boubacar Kamara, Eduardo Camavinga, Ryan Gravenberch, Antony, Johnathan Tah, Edmond Tapsoba , Moussa diaby ,Leon Bailey , Donyell Malen ,Myron Boadu, Gabriel Barbosa and more recently Kaio Jorge. They are all players I know plenty about and I know some have now moved but there are others that I believe will move us forward. I have missed out like everyone a whole year of watching football so Papa Sarr i only know what I have watched this season.

Yep, we need to be more clever on our transfers....plenty of good players out there. I think we need to do a better job of finding players who fit the system we want to play...vs simply trying to bring in good players and forcing them to change.

**Also don't need the 'name brand' guys...sorry but our team seems a bit 'weak'. We need hard working, grinders. This is why I think we are so unpredictable and inconsistent. We have too few of the 'blue collar' types....(I think Skippy fits the mold we need more of)

Yep, we need to be more clever on our transfers....plenty of good players out there. I think we need to do a better job of finding players who fit the system we want to play...vs simply trying to bring in good players and forcing them to change.

**Also don't need the 'name brand' guys...sorry but our team seems a bit 'weak'. We need hard working, grinders. This is why I think we are so unpredictable and inconsistent. We have too few of the 'blue collar' types....(I think Skippy fits the mold we need more of)

That's why I like Boubacar Kamara and Ryan Gravenberch . Not only can they play but the can grind a result. I know it's hard to gauge because the EPL is like no other . Boubacar Kamara has played at the top level for at least 3 seasons and is only 21. Ryan Gravenberch is a big strong player but is more progressive. He has a far greater passing range than what we have already and is why Ajax were not to bothered about letting Donny van de beek go. Plus he is only 19