• Bryan Gil

• Richarlison

• Yves Bissouma

• Djed Spence

• Ivan Perisic

• Fraser Forster

• Kulu

Results are only viewable after voting.
His title (according to the Spurs website) is "Managing Director, Football". It's very specific and unique, I think. Do you think it's different from the more common Sporting Director and Director of Football roles?

All football operations will be managed by him. He's shown himself to be responsible financially. That bodes well for Levy backing off. And TBF Levy is at a stage where he probably wants to if he's thinking straight.

In other words, I would think Paratici's financial record was a big part of Levy's research when he went looking for an MD.

Would love to see the specific role definitions in the Spurs leadership team.

If you had to explain Paratici's role in the context of Utd or Liverpool, you get the feeling he has about 3 or 4 roles all rolled into one person.

Would love to see the specific role definitions in the Spurs leadership team.

If you had to explain Paratici's role in the context of Utd or Liverpool, you get the feeling he has about 3 or 4 roles all rolled into one person.

No, he needs to put his team in place. That is all. He is MD.

No, he needs to put his team in place. That is all. He is MD.

A team in what structure? When you trace back to how Liverpool won the league and CL, it wasn't by putting 2 new names in 2 of the old boxes and keeping everything else the same. It was by creating the right roles into a new structure, most of which are in the background but critically important to the whole operating machine. That's what I'm waiting for, not just which players are in Paratici's little black book.

That, and who forms the backroom staff to the 1st team manager.

A team in what structure? When you trace back to how Liverpool won the league and CL, it wasn't by putting 2 new names in 2 of the old boxes and keeping everything else the same. It was by creating the right roles into a new structure, most of which are in the background but critically important to the whole operating machine. That's what I'm waiting for, not just which players are in Paratici's little black book.

As you know, patience is a virtue. There is nothing worth getting too vented about, for now. I'm very comfortable with how this is panning out.

I was talking about his management team. Not players. They don't come into this discussion. :thumbup:

The perception for me is that Levy is not good at football structure decisions. Hence the number of managers and poor signings. Our current position is an accumulative effect of his ineptitude. Do I have confidence in him getting it right, why should I ?

The perception for me is that Levy is not good at football structure decisions. Hence the number of managers and poor signings. Our current position is an accumulative effect of his ineptitude. Do I have confidence in him getting it right, why should I ?

He doesn't have to anymore. Paratici does. And he has more than proven he can.

As you know, patience is a virtue. There is nothing worth getting too vented about, for now. I'm very comfortable with how this is panning out.

I'm curious....not vented. Pre-season does come around very fast though.

Prem fixtures announced tomorrow.

You can be sure that no one will be 'safe'. The deal that our new Managing director of football is on, means that no one, on or off the pitch is 'safe'.

He has a footballing brain and a business brain. He is not emotionally attached other than to results could make him a multi millionaire.

These few sentences are what matter to me most. Someone with no emotional attachment can take a completely fresh view on the whole 'package' and make the necessary decisions that Levy or his previous 'puppets' were never prepared to make!

It's taken him this long to realise, hence depriving the fans of a cup.

But we move on. Paratici quite likely signals a new era in Spurs history.

It's what is ahead of us that matters.

Tradition and history have their place. But in the case of Spurs it is irrelevant. We aren't a winning club in this era. Change is needed. The right change has been implemented. It won't happen immediately but, hopefully, the tone is set.

Last edited by a moderator:
But we move on. Paratici quite likely signals a new era in Spurs history.

It's what is ahead of us that matters.

I agree we need to look forward but I'm not prepared to sweep 20 years of failing to learn under the carpet. It won't be forgotten by me. He was good financially but even managed to fcuk that up in a big way eventually. He is jinxed. He got handed his empire on a platter via Mr Byrite which ironically is not what he has done in the football World.
The interview didn't fool me. Levy wrote the questions himself.

I agree we need to look forward but I'm not prepared to sweep 20 years of failing to learn under the carpet. It won't be forgotten by me. He was good financially but even managed to fcuk that up in a big way eventually. He is jinxed. He got handed his empire on a platter via Mr Byrite which ironically is not what he has done in the football World.
The interview didn't fool me. Levy wrote the questions himself.

See my amendment to my previous post. :thumbup:

It's this simple:

1) We have a great venue that will help the club once it can generate revenues on multiple fronts again.

2) We have learned that Levy cannot manage football operations.

3) Levy has hired someone who can.

We are off to the races. :car::guns: