FA Youth Cup | Page 3 | Vital Football

FA Youth Cup

It would have been great to have played at New Springfield last night and not in Leyland.
Why did we switch the game?
The reason on the clubs official twitter for the switch in venue said it was because a lot of games have been and are being played on the DW pitch around the fixture.So it was a move to protect the pitch,which has been superb last couple of years since IEC invested in it.

The reason on the clubs official twitter for the switch in venue said it was because a lot of games have been and are being played on the DW pitch around the fixture.So it was a move to protect the pitch,which has been superb last couple of years since IEC invested in it.

Bet if it was Man U at home they wouldent move it to Leyland

That article says we aren't able to tie Geldhardt up to a long contract but i was under the impression he's signed a 3 year pro contract less than a year ago. The club said it was a long term deal and Transfermrkt also has him down as being under contract until the end of 2021 season. So i think that article might be mistaken about the significance of his age. Unless someone knows otherwise i thought Liverpool or any club want to sign Geldhardt have to buy him like any other senior player under contract.

There is also no way that the big clubs weren't onto his agent promising him mega money before he signed that last deal. If Geldhardt wanted to get to United, Liverpool etc quickly the best thing he could've done was not sign his contract and then left at the end of this season on a tribunal fee. So I think at least for now Geldhardt seems to think his future would be better served staying with us rather than taking his chance in a big clubs youth system.

Now that we are no longer officially in Europe the big clubs are going to be looking at young UK players more and more as their supply line of Europes youth has been cut. No longer will they be able to fill their youth teams with the best of the continents talent as they will struggle to get permits and will therefore be looking at talent like "Joffy" as replacements.

This could be seen in two ways in my opinion, firstly it will give UK talent more opportunity with the top clubs but secondly academies like ours could struggle to get any decent talent in.

Now that we are no longer officially in Europe the big clubs are going to be looking at young UK players more and more as their supply line of Europes youth has been cut. No longer will they be able to fill their youth teams with the best of the continents talent as they will struggle to get permits and will therefore be looking at talent like "Joffy" as replacements.

This could be seen in two ways in my opinion, firstly it will give UK talent more opportunity with the top clubs but secondly academies like ours could struggle to get any decent talent in.

It depends on how things are managed. I can imagine that footballers coming over on good wages would be seen as a tax asset for the Treasury and clubs would be well positioned to hire immigration layers if needed to make the case for a potential visa. You never know until official plans are rolled out, but i think there's a good chance that the young footballers will probably still be able to come but the clubs will be required to go through additional steps. Considering most of the foreign youngsters are going to the Prem clubs with the biggest influence and resources i can imagine they are already lobbying to ensure that supply line remains open.

It depends on how things are managed. I can imagine that footballers coming over on good wages would be seen as a tax asset for the Treasury and clubs would be well positioned to hire immigration layers if needed to make the case for a potential visa. You never know until official plans are rolled out, but i think there's a good chance that the young footballers will probably still be able to come but the clubs will be required to go through additional steps. Considering most of the foreign youngsters are going to the Prem clubs with the biggest influence and resources i can imagine they are already lobbying to ensure that supply line remains open.

I think you could be wrong. There has already been much debate about the subject between the clubs and government and they have already indicated that there will be restrictions on young players coming over as there will be on foreign students attending universities.

Players from Europe will now face the same regulations as those coming from countries outside the EU and that will include fulfilling any and all requirements for work permits. They will need to fulfill the requirements of the governments proposed points system to be announced in the immigration bill expected in the next few months.

There has already been a move by the Premier League clubs to sign more home grown players and the likes of "Joffy" are being targeted by the top clubs to keep their academies well stocked with available talent.

As I say it could be a shot in the arm for the National side as more young home grown players will be available in Premier League squads but it could also mean that lower league academies struggle to bring in talented youngsters.

I think you could be wrong. There has already been much debate about the subject between the clubs and government and they have already indicated that there will be restrictions on young players coming over as there will be on foreign students attending universities.

Players from Europe will now face the same regulations as those coming from countries outside the EU and that will include fulfilling any and all requirements for work permits. They will need to fulfill the requirements of the governments proposed points system to be announced in the immigration bill expected in the next few months.

There has already been a move by the Premier League clubs to sign more home grown players and the likes of "Joffy" are being targeted by the top clubs to keep their academies well stocked with available talent.

As I say it could be a shot in the arm for the National side as more young home grown players will be available in Premier League squads but it could also mean that lower league academies struggle to bring in talented youngsters.

Maybe that will happen, but I was thinking any new points based system wouldn't really resemble our current non EU migration system (as it seems quite inconsistent) so i can imagine what we will get will be a new method. Any points based system would likely take into account job offer and salary and if we think a young EU footaller offered 2k a week from a big club would be the equiverlent of a 100k contract waiting for him i could see that getting them a lot of points. Ultimately it's all guess work until they confirm the details.

I think one way or another the big Prem clubs will probably find a way to work the system in their favour via loopholes or lobbying the right people.

I NEED TO APOLOGISE

Wigan Athletic

@LaticsOfficial

1f3c6.svg

Latics will travel to Old Trafford to face

@ManUtd
in the #FAYouthCup quarter final on Friday 28 February, with a 7.00pm kick off.

1f39f.svg

Admission will be free of charge!

If anyone is interested Barry and my self are planning to run a coach to the game as we did for Bruge and our Wembley trips, need to know quickly if there is interest or not.