FA Youth Cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA Youth Cup

Well done the young boys 👏 Be good if the club could put the next tie on the club’s TV station if not I wonder if United will?
It will be on MUFC tv, it was live on Birmingham City tv last night as well apparently, problem is the quarter final is scheduled for the same evening as WBA away.

Where have you seen that date LMB ? The U18's already have a league game scheduled for that date. I'd read early that the tie had to be played before the 29th
"sixth round games must be played before 29 February. "

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jan/24/240120-fa-youth-cup-6r

We were told last night that because MUFC was away on the Sunday at Everton they had offered Old Trafford for an early evening kick off on the Saturday and the FA had accepted it, it seems now, after a quick phone call that there is now not much chance of that because of our game at WBA, so all parties are looking at Wednesday or Thursday in 26th/ 27th. Which would be better as I think quite a few will make the Journey.

Unfortunately he went off injured. Or maybe it was just a precaution with the game won.
He'd just been involved in a heavy tackle........ no treatment was required but he limped a little for a minute or so.

We had a healthy lead, so he was subbed as a precautionary measure. I doubt there's anything to worry about.

Wouldn't Leigh be much easier to get to for most Latics fans though?

I can understand if people fancy a trip to Old Trafford, but for conveniance and maybe to remove 'home turf' advantage for United I'd be more than happy if the game was at Leigh.
You genuinely believe more Latics fans would get on the ten buses or whatever it takes nowadays to go to Leigh, as opposed to the Theatre of Dreams?

Ask yourself where the kids would prefer to play? The club should be bending over backwards to give these kids an experience of a lifetime playing at Old Trafford in front of a big crowd

The LSV is a well appointed, comfortable stadium within easy reach for a lot of Latics fans to attend. I won't comment on your moronic comments about Leigh.
Leigh is a shithole. Deal with it!

We were told last night that because MUFC was away on the Sunday at Everton they had offered Old Trafford for an early evening kick off on the Saturday and the FA had accepted it, it seems now, after a quick phone call that there is now not much chance of that because of our game at WBA, so all parties are looking at Wednesday or Thursday in 26th/ 27th. Which would be better as I think quite a few will make the Journey.

United play the Europa League at Old Trafford on the 27th so that's a no go. Trust me, it'll get moved to Leigh. That Saturday date would be ideal for OT! I'd go to that over West Brom all day long as would many Latics fans. Cook doesn't play Gelhardt anyway so it's not like we'd need him at the Hawthorns

You genuinely believe more Latics fans would get on the ten buses or whatever it takes nowadays to go to Leigh, as opposed to the Theatre of Dreams?

Ask yourself where the kids would prefer to play? The club should be bending over backwards to give these kids an experience of a lifetime playing at Old Trafford in front of a big crowd

If it's 15 mins down the road or a better part of an hour drive on a weeknight or risk missing the last train home to watch the youth team i'm not sure you'll get a big crowd travelling to United. Maybe i'm wrong but it's hard enough getting Wigan fans out to watch the first team at home on their doorstep mid week.

I'm more interested in the lads progressing rather than playing in front of a 95% empty Old Trafford. If the United U18's are used to playing these games on the big pitch at Old Trafford, it would probably favour our lads if the game was played in Leigh.

This doesn't look good if it's to be believed....the Cook connection -

That article says we aren't able to tie Geldhardt up to a long contract but i was under the impression he's signed a 3 year pro contract less than a year ago. The club said it was a long term deal and Transfermrkt also has him down as being under contract until the end of 2021 season. So i think that article might be mistaken about the significance of his age. Unless someone knows otherwise i thought Liverpool or any club want to sign Geldhardt have to buy him like any other senior player under contract.

There is also no way that the big clubs weren't onto his agent promising him mega money before he signed that last deal. If Geldhardt wanted to get to United, Liverpool etc quickly the best thing he could've done was not sign his contract and then left at the end of this season on a tribunal fee. So I think at least for now Geldhardt seems to think his future would be better served staying with us rather than taking his chance in a big clubs youth system.

United play the Europa League at Old Trafford on the 27th so that's a no go. Trust me, it'll get moved to Leigh. That Saturday date would be ideal for OT! I'd go to that over West Brom all day long as would many Latics fans. Cook doesn't play Gelhardt anyway so it's not like we'd need him at the Hawthorns
Why are you so fixated with United?

If it's 15 mins down the road or a better part of an hour drive on a weeknight or risk missing the last train home to watch the youth team i'm not sure you'll get a big crowd travelling to United. Maybe i'm wrong but it's hard enough getting Wigan fans out to watch the first team at home on their doorstep mid week.

I'm more interested in the lads progressing rather than playing in front of a 95% empty Old Trafford. If the United U18's are used to playing these games on the big pitch at Old Trafford, it would probably favour our lads if the game was played in Leigh.
Sorry but you are completely off the mark on this one. You go and speak to every single one of those kids or any young footballer in the country for that matter and ask them if they'd rather play a football match at Old Trafford or Leigh Sports Village.

Why are you so fixated with United?
You forgot to log out of your Coddenchips account you big whopper!

Sorry but you are completely off the mark on this one. You go and speak to every single one of those kids or any young footballer in the country for that matter and ask them if they'd rather play a football match at Old Trafford or Leigh Sports Village.

You forgot to log out of your Coddenchips account you big whopper!

Wrong again. We seem to have a few people (or do we?) on this board who think that if more than one person disagrees with them they must be a multi poster. I'll say everything I want to say to you under this name. If you want to think differently that's up to you.

I'm also sure they would rather play at the DW than Leyland, but they didn't lack motivation when they had to play at Leyland. Maybe it's just you that wants to go to Old Trafford, no doubt to revisit your youth.

Are you a small-minded moron in reality? I'm not from Leigh but I know it well and I also know Wigan and there's nothing to separate them. Working class towns with very similar heritage. Get yourself off to the Life Centre and read up about local history. I'm sure the librarians will help you with the big words.

But i didn't say that. I said I think beating Man U was more important than visiting their ground and our chances would increase if it wasn't at Old Trafford.

Man Utd have no home game till Sun 23rd Feb against Watford and then play at home in the Europa League on Thurs 27th Feb.So why not play it at Old Trafford on the Tues or Wed 18th or 19th Feb.Our 1st team have no midweek fixture which will encourage a few tics to travel and Man Utd 1st team also have no fixtures on those 2 days.This seems the common sense solution to suit all parties.
From our point of view it will be a great experience for our lads to play at Old Trafford cheered on by a few tics fans,so I hope this happens!

Man Utd have no home game till Sun 23rd Feb against Watford and then play at home in the Europa League on Thurs 27th Feb.So why not play it at Old Trafford on the Tues or Wed 18th or 19th Feb.Our 1st team have no midweek fixture which will encourage a few tics to travel and Man Utd 1st team also have no fixtures on those 2 days.This seems the common sense solution to suit all parties.
From our point of view it will be a great experience for our lads to play at Old Trafford cheered on by a few tics fans,so I hope this happens!
It would have been great to have played at New Springfield last night and not in Leyland.
Why did we switch the game?