FA to sell Wembley? | Vital Football

FA to sell Wembley?

Lienking

Vital Football Hero
Having got £100 million of taxpayers money to build it (the FA obviously don't have enough of their own) the FA could be selling the National Monument that is Wembley. Talk about short termism! Will raise £500m for "grass roots football", but will probably result in NFL football being regularly played there. We all know what has happened to clubs who lost control of their stadium. Coventry is probably the worst example.

I care not a jot as we are getting nowhere near it any time soon.

Should have been built in the middle of the country or Ingerland should’ve kept on touring the country.

If they reinvest the money in grassroots football I’m all for it.
As for a national stadium who cares, the best thing England ever did was tour the country in the Ericsson era for its matches.
It revitalised the support.

Reactions: PVH
Will raise £500m for "grass roots football", but will probably result in NFL football being regularly played there.

I thought that’s why there was outside investment in spurs stadium to have that as the regular site of American football in the UK

I thought that’s why there was outside investment in spurs stadium to have that as the regular site of American football in the UK

Khan who is supposed to be buying the stadium owns Jacksonville Jaguars. The rumblings are he will move the franchise over to play all their NFL games at Wembley. Imagine how you would feel if someone moved all the Forest games to the states!

What if EM brought it and moved Forest matches to London and provided free transport from Nottingham?

No thanks. Wembley is the home of England and cup finals.

The FA are custodians as much as owners and should not be allowed to sell it.

Odds are they will only waste any money they get anyway.

No thanks. Wembley is the home of England and cup finals.

The FA are custodians as much as owners and should not be allowed to sell it.

Odds are they will only waste any money they get anyway.

Wembley and the stadium is nothing more than a British based business available for purchase at the right price and at an agreement mutually agreeable to both parties.

Sell it!

Its not like the National team are worthy of playing there, and I doubt they will be for the foreseeable future.

Its only fair that the misery (sheer entertainment to some of us) they bring should be shared up and down the Country.

Wembley and the stadium is nothing more than a British based business available for purchase at the right price and at an agreement mutually agreeable to both parties.
Maybe so but some things should be sacrosanct. It is our national stadium and a part of our football heritage and identity. It should not be sold just because someone sees a way to make a fast buck (or pound).