FA Cup | Vital Football

FA Cup

Just watch the top 6 fly out to the Far East to play in some Nike/Adidas tournament during their winter ‘break’.

"a significant moment for English football" that "will greatly benefit club and country"
Yeah right, like the premiershite and the sky money did

"Another nail in the coffin of the FA Cup"? Didn't ourselves and Sutton prove that the magic of the cup is very much alive?

It's a shame that the fifth round is moving to midweek, but a winter break is something that happens in the rest of Europe so it makes sense.

Not too long ago they were talking about getting rid of replays entirely so I'd say this is a decent compromise.

"Winter Break" What a load of baloney.

Apart from Germany no major league has more than a week off, at Christmas, and in fact the top Spanish sides (you know, the ones that win the European competitions all the time) actually play MORE games than the English teams, especially during January.

There is a case for not playing so many PL games between Christmas and New Year, and moving one somewhere else in the season, but that's then counterbalanced as no top PL side plays its first team in the F A Cup 3rd Round. So they already get a week off then to go to Dubai, and they get another week off at the end of January for the 4th round.

Oh, and they don't play their first teams in the League Cup either.

Another reason to loathe The Premier League. In fact the more time goes on the more I hate it! I have to say I am not alone I think there is real split developing in football fans across the country as well!

Hopefully The PL will one day explode on it's own bloated glut of greed and enough people will stop feeding it!

What a total disgrace, a kick in the nuts for sides further down the rungs of football and no thought for fans having to travel midweek to watch games.
The whole thing makes me vomit......our working class support hijacked by greed monsters.

As I've said before, the sooner the "Big 6" f-off to some kind of European Super League with no further involvement in or promotion/relegation to/from the Premiership the better.

The remaining teams can then establish some sanity.

Hurrah never a truer word spoken! :clap:

Somebody needs to call their bluff asap. Unfortunately they know a closed shop European Super League would stagnate as somebody has to finish bottom and teams have to finish in the bottom half.

So unfortunately I can't see it happening.:shake:

What happens to the games they miss during the 'break', more midweek games or extend the season? Not sure where the benefit is coming from.

What happens to the games they miss during the 'break', more midweek games or extend the season? Not sure where the benefit is coming from.

It has nothing to do with benefits it's all about cash!

They will all be trotting off on lucrative foreign matches to rake in some more money during "the winter break" .

The Premier League only make any decisions that benefit them in the pocket. They couldn't give a flying fig about anything else!

Just watch the top 6 fly out to the Far East to play in some Nike/Adidas tournament during their winter ‘break’.
Exactly this^!
I've always said we should let them have their "winter" break. That is, on the understanding that the first time any of them play a game elsewhere in the world it ends, and is never again debated.
Can't wait for the rest of the PL to be forced to hand over more tv money to the top 6 without a whimper. Although, no doubt they will just take it from the EFL share!
FA and football cave to the money yet again.
"The rich get richer the poor get the picture" Pete Garrett 1982

More Premier League rubbish I shall laugh if we have a really bad January and games are off big style and they do not play for a couple of months!!!

Why the bloody ell do they need a mid season break . its not as if they actually work for a living . Total farce .

As if they will have a break . They will be off to another continent to play exhibition games and earn more money . Total fuking joke .

Hardly a winter break, is it?!

IMO, the way to do it would have been to have a two week break straight after the FA Cup 3rd round games, but only on the understanding that Club's can't go off and play friendlies around the world.

Splitting a break where they only have a week off hardly seems worth it and certainly isn't going to help an awful lot.

Why the bloody ell do they need a mid season break . its not as if they actually work for a living . Total farce .

As if they will have a break . They will be off to another continent to play exhibition games and earn more money . Total fuking joke .

Actually it's written in the rules not allowed to play friendlies in this period

As I've said before, the sooner the "Big 6" f-off to some kind of European Super League with no further involvement in or promotion/relegation to/from the Premiership the better.

The remaining teams can then establish some sanity.
Agreed, ideologically I’m super opposed to it but we’re at the stage where I don’t see the super club’s backing down. Burnley deserve real recognition for competing while maintaining sanity.