FA Cup | Vital Football

FA Cup

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Always like the FA cup, be nice to have a good run this year. Now we have amassed some decent points to move away from the bottom can approach this game in a more relaxed mood.

:2:

Will be interesting to see what side DS puts out and formation. I expect changes but not a B team.

Would have though the game was made for Macca to come back into the side and maybe a game for Hoff seeing I can't see Hogan starting this one. Jota on the bench at least maybe?

MA's return will get a good reception no doubt and I expect a physical and direct style from them which may suit our 3-5-2 formation

I think much of the bench might find itself on the pitch and vice versa but even then that could be risky if there are too many changes. KK, Macca, the Hoff, Bonham and Sammy have barely played in the last couple of months.

I agree, can't see Hogan in this one - cup tied!

Better get my ticket - got loads of time for MA & will give him a good reception, but we need to get the job done. No dicking about like we have done in the cups for a while now. Eastleigh have done about 1400 tickets so far so it should make for a good atmosphere. Need to put out a strong 11, with a bit of bite (macca). Need to be careful & patient with Jota.

Eastleigh will be well up for this, Allen will make damn sure of that. They'll be in our faces and hassling us from moment one. Certainly not a time to put out those who tend to hide, like a certain unused midfielder from Austria. We need people like Macca who will give as good as they get. Don't think we should drop Jota straight in either. Like Rebel says, be careful with him.
Can see changes but not many. We need a win to boost confidence, especially to follow on from Saturday. IF, and I mean IF, Hogan played it would tell us how seriously the offers on him have been taken, or if any decent ones have actually come in. A defeat would be unthinkable confidence wise with the next three games we have.
Have got to wait until Sunday to see it on beesplayer so as of Saturday, no internet for me. (What is bets I bump into someone in town who just happens to know the score?)

Get through this round & who knows what the draw could bring. But it'd be so us to lose this then beat Newcastle!

I'll be there to suffer it anyway

Try Vibe at CF and change 2/3 others (e.g. rest Nico again, give Clarke a run). Not major tinkering though

We put out our strongest team virtually and got our just rewards with a very good performance. Thought Josh and Sawyers were outstanding and two well taken goals by young Field.

Onto Monday night and the 4th round draw, on balance I would like a draw that we can reasonably win that just a big day out.

Sounds like a great performance. I look forward to seeing it. I succumbed to temptation and watched Sky score thing. I agree, Kent, I'd like another game we could win, the further you get the more money you win. Big day out in round six would be nice.

Just a nice day all round & well worth the £10 entry. Josh Mc, Sawyers & the home grown kids gave heart warming performance whilst the return of Jota & MA resulted in a decent crowd, bigger than the all championship tie at LR. The reaction to both Jota & MA was fantastic. Eastleigh threw a lot of high balls into our goalmouth which we struggled with at times- otherwise a very comfortable day lit up by some terrific goals.

Nice to be in the hat today, winnable home draw or one of the big names please.

I thought we were awful against their dead balls, but there was some gorgeous midfield play from us. Josh Clarke needs to learn to stay out wide as a wing back, especially when we are trying to break down ten defenders!

Great first half, professional second half, Jota's back and Mad dog remains a legend at GP. All good.

As for the next round, anything, absolutely anything except a Sunday game! Even if it's Man United at home I won't be able to make it!

Not quite a home tie but almost- happy with that. Probs worth £500k to us if we go out, worth the effort last round. Our run of fixtures would give the impression that we were already in the PL.. Got to say the visit of Newcastle is doing it for me over the trip to Chelsea though at the mo.

Happy days, things are looking up.

According to a friend who knows these things, apparently if we are picked for TV it won't be a Sunday as Chelsea Play Liverpool the following Tuesday. Yippee!

I never thought of that Rebel, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Brighton all at home in the next few weeks plus Chelsea away.

Agree with above, playing Villa, Newcastle and Chelsea really is hitting the dizzy heights and the way we are playing at the moment I fancy us to do well against these teams.

Be interesting to see how we cope with these PL type fixtures coming thick & fast. Both Chelsea & Brentford are probably stronger than when we last met, so our performance their vs the last one will be a good marker. Be lovely not to treat it as a day trip but to go there and show that we're a really good side and a club very much on the up.

As mentioned elsewhere it's likely we're going to see Lasse up top which is possibly the on,y plays we can play him anyway. He might surprise us....

3.00 pm on Saturday, grateful for that as an early kick off might have been difficult. Gonna be a difficult one but you never know.

If Newcastle pick us apart like they did early on up there, I fear the worst as it will show we haven't learnt much. I know I am a merchant of doom a lot of the time but this Brentford side have me bemused. We can play so well at times and others, look like a team that has never met each other and isn't interested. Sadly the second team has turned up more often than not this year.
I know we'll raise our game, our support will be great and show the Bridge what an atmosphere really is but I don't have as much faith in a result there as I did last time we played them. Like them or loathe them, they are by far the best team in the country at the moment.

I don't see us getting much at Chelsea but they do have big games around our tie, sadly so do we. Personally 3 points at Wigan feel more important right now, not a day trip to Stamford bridge.

Well that's our cups dreams over for another season. Quite a damp squid at Stamford Bridge, as soon as they scored their first goal it was pretty much all over. We managed to take our poor form into the game and looked disjointed and second best to all 50/50 balls.

The team selection did not work, Barbet was all over the place and left large gaps for Chelsea's classy players to run us ragged ease. Only Dean, Josh and Woods came out with some credit.

For 20 minutes or so in the second half we gave it a good go and upped the tempo and pressure which gave us a fleeting hope of a comeback but it was all over when the third goal went in.

I felt for all four goals we gave them the opportunity to score by giving the ball away one way or another.

Just disappointing. Villa has become a big game for a number of reasons now.