FA cup | Page 4 | Vital Football

FA cup

Bad news about ifollow because with that facility this could have been a surprisingly good draw. One would assume that large numbers of Woking fans would have signed up for a decent tie with a realistic chance of progressing. Gills fans might well have been drawn to shelling out by the presence of Matt Jarvis in the opposition line up. Oh well.

I think we should still have a prediction thread for the scoreline. Just for the craic!

Wow what a family history. He must have been a useful player.Sadly that era of footballing history has been almost lost these days.Do you have any images or mementos of him?

Hi Chris
4th from left front row,also represented England when played Scotland in 1873,England won 4-2,evidently played as a defender

Hi Chris
4th from left front row,also represented England when played Scotland in 1873,England won 4-2,evidently played as a defender
What a great bit of history. It looks like he is a leader sitting where he has .The guy first left front row took my eye seriously doesn't look happy to have his picture taken.

Gills v Woking would have been a good game to attend. Woking fans must be peeved too, just a short hop away, there`d have been a good atmosphere.

Maybe the FA will sort something with EFL and their iFollow facility or perhaps put all FA Cup non-televised games on the BBC red button. We may soon find out how much the football and TV establishment really care about the FA Cup and its grass root synergy with footy fans.

Cup games aren't available on video on iFollow.

League Cup are, but they are pay for. In previous seasons, the FA Cup has not been on there given it's an FA competition and iFollow is a Football League format. However, in previous seasons fans could go to matches, which was both a benefit for those fans and the coffers of both clubs. I do wonder whether the FA and clubs in the tournament could introduce a "pay for" format online for the FA Cup, even if it means working with the EFL and iFollow as a platform for it?

Last edited:
Ipswich commentators saying gills today have been the worst team they have seen since they came down 16 months ago. A creative void! 😱 That bad?

Still no word of whether or not ties will be available via the internet etc but the FA has announced that losing teams will receive a share of prize money in the FA Cup first round to lessen the financial impact of ties being played behind closed doors.

Losing teams previously got no prize money but will get 25% - £5,657 - while the winners get the rest - £16,972.

Assume that`s enough to at least pay the expenses of losing travelling teams ?

Still no word of whether or not ties will be available via the internet etc but the FA has announced that losing teams will receive a share of prize money in the FA Cup first round to lessen the financial impact of ties being played behind closed doors.

Losing teams previously got no prize money but will get 25% - £5,657 - while the winners get the rest - £16,972.

Assume that`s enough to at least pay the expenses of losing travelling teams ?

Are they being taken to games by chauffeur driven limos?! lol

Gills v Woking would have been a good game to attend. Woking fans must be peeved too, just a short hop away, there`d have been a good atmosphere.

Maybe the FA will sort something with EFL and their iFollow facility or perhaps put all FA Cup non-televised games on the BBC red button. We may soon find out how much the football and TV establishment really care about the FA Cup and its grass root synergy with footy fans.

Looking at the official Gills website it is showing this game as available on iFollow.

For those who enjoy the early round lottery of the FA Cup, the upcoming weekend affords plenty of opportunity to take a game or two in - via TV/Live stream, of course.

Even without crowds, the match-ups can provide good entertainment. Think I shall be watching a few games on TV and two, tomorrow, via iFollow.

Good luck to Tonbridge, in their televised game v (once mighty) Bradford City - will they be the First Round Surprise outfit ?

Hope that Gills` are not one of the surprise victims of a giant killing tomorrow. If the Gills are not sufficiently primed then Woking are more than capable of a win at GFC. Remember, there are no replays in R1 this year (extra time + pens) !

Hopefully we shall have some of our young midfield dynamos back on the park tomorrow - we shall require a winning mentality to progress. COYG...:cup:

Paid my tenner for the Woking game. Trying to conjure up some 1st round excitement and dreams of our 3rd round draw (yet again!)
Start off at 12 30 with Tonbidge Angels on Iplayer.

Last edited:
Paid my tenner for the Woking game. Trying to conjure up some 1st round excitement and dreams of our 3rd round draw (yet again!)
Start off at 12 30 with Tonbidge Angels on Iplayer.

I see it is now on iFollow for a tenner. Interesting - I said above that this makes sense.

Presumably this was always the plan as I see on the FA website is says only games with 3pm kick offs are on iFollow, which I guess is why kick off is 3pm, whereas most recent home Saturday matches have been 1pm.

Sorry, can't be bothered. League games - yes. £10.00 for a early round cup game - no thanks (OK plastic).

Anyone know if the split of money is the same 70% to the club for FA Cup games?

If so, I’ll pay my 10 quid even tho I won’t get up at 1am to watch. Will get to see replay or highlights tho (if we win) 👍