FA cup | Page 3 | Vital Football

FA cup

I am torn with the FA Cup this season. would like to see us progress but would be gutted if we drew a big club away and I couldn't go. the highlight of the FA Cup run is that hope of a big day out at one of the real big boys.

Agreed. Every year I dream this will be the one we get Liverpool or Man Utd away in the 3rd round. Would be beyond gutted if we fluked our way to the 3rd round and drew a plum tie behind closed doors. My Nicky Southall rocket against Wednesday memory was overtaken by the Burscough embarrassment and those bloody fireworks. Need a bit of a cup lift to remove that from my mind.

Money will be the main motivation so a low non league side meaning TV coverage might be a risk but this season is all about risks.Might badly need a big win by then so it is the chance that I think I am personally prepared to take.

Seems SE's infamy goes before him. One of hardly any other managers to be named alongside their team in the draw tonight.

A tough non league side who have had a decent start to the season thus far .It is at home so we should be OK if the players produce.

strangely enough,my great great great grandfather played for Royal Engineers in 1872 cup final,lost to Wanderers 1-0,he was killed year after during a battle in India.
Wow what a family history. He must have been a useful player.Sadly that era of footballing history has been almost lost these days.Do you have any images or mementos of him?

Bad news about ifollow because with that facility this could have been a surprisingly good draw. One would assume that large numbers of Woking fans would have signed up for a decent tie with a realistic chance of progressing. Gills fans might well have been drawn to shelling out by the presence of Matt Jarvis in the opposition line up. Oh well.