FA cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA cup

Ilkeston town play Hartlepool on the red button 3pm kick off .My brother worked there for a few years.I spent a few weeks there at the time.Like to see them turn over the monkey hangers.
Good luck to the Angel's and Dover too.

Cheers for the heads-up, Chris. Watching on iPlayer and it`s so nice to see a "crowd" ! Decent attendance and atmosphere, even though the game isn`t going the way of the home side in Derbyshire.

Congratulations to Tonbridge angels 5 nil, Neil Smith's Bromley and Mark Bentley's Canvey island. All through to the first round draw .

Outstanding achievement so far in this year`s FA Cup might just belong to Skem.

5th step, (6 levels below GFC) Skelmersdale Utd beat higher league Stafford rangers away 4-1 today to progress to the FA Cup First Round. So it could be Gills away at Skem ! And that might be a fixture where fans are allowed (as Skem is not an elite team).

Only Kent non-league team through is Tonbridge Angels. Dover lost on penalties away at Yeovil - haven`t checked, but it was probably our ex-Gill Stuart Nelson that sealed that win for Yeovil.

First Round draw is on Monday evening.

Just watched the first ever Coasters TV broadcast - AFC Fylde v Altrincham in the FA Cup. The commentary was so awful it was quite an entertaining listen, but the picture quality was OK.

Fylde won and maybe they`ll host GFC in the next round !

Skelmersdale are two places above Burscough remember them?

Yes, I drove up there and it was a long wet return drive to Kent, with body and spirit both well dampened - Burscough deserved their win though, we were crap. BTW - you don`t want to go to Skem !

5th step, (6 levels below GFC) Skelmersdale Utd beat higher league Stafford rangers away 4-1 today to progress to the FA Cup First Round. So it could be Gills away at Skem ! And that might be a fixture where fans are allowed (as Skem is not an elite team).

Only Kent non-league team through is Tonbridge Angels. Dover lost on penalties away at Yeovil - haven`t checked, but it was probably our ex-Gill Stuart Nelson that sealed that win for Yeovil.

Stuart Nelson left Yeovil Town in the summer!

Soft spot for Cray Wanderers who are away to Canvey Island,used to live quite local,never reached first round,and rumoured to be oldest football club in London,based in Bromley.
Cray Wanderees 5th oldest in the woeld. Our very own Royal Engineers come in at 8th but the doughnut on the website said we played in Gillingham in the shire of Dorset ffs.

Not so interesting without being to go but the number one priority has to be to avoid Brackley.

After that at home to someone, preferably a low L2 team, would be good.

Not so interesting without being to go but the number one priority has to be to avoid Brackley.
That reminds me, I have in my possession an unused ticket for the Brackley town match on the 5/11/16, Medway stand block C row K, but unfortunately I took ill on the morning of the match and could not attend,. The FA cup has always been of interest to me, particularly when the amateur clubs such as Walthamstow Avenue, (old Isthmian league) playing Man U and getting a draw at Old Trafford, Tooting and M at home against Notts F and unlucky to lose at the death.
Before my time Margate travelled to Blackpool, (there is a film of the highlights on the net) but lost out to the Tangerines.
I have been to two Cup finals and at the time the bands the singing at Wembley and of course the trip to London was something special, for many fans the only time they visited London although getting a ticket was no mean task, with each club normally restricted to 20-25 k in tickets, many real fans lost out in the distribution of cup final tickets.

Last edited:

is that the same skelmersdale who won the fa amateur cup in the early 70s mr lancs.

Last edited:
That reminds me, I have in my possession an unused ticket for the Brackley town match on the 5/11/16, Medway stand block C row K, but unfortunately I took ill on the morning of the match and could not attend, the FA cup has always been of interest to me, particularly when the amateur clubs such as Walthamstow Avenue, (old Isthmian league) playing Man U and getting a draw at Old Trafford, Tooting and M at home against Notts F and unlucky to lose at the death.
Before my time Margate travelled to Blackpool, (there is a film of the highlights on the net) but lost out to the Tangerines.
I have been to two Cup finals and at the time the bands the singing at Wembley and of course the trip to London was something special, for many fans the only time they visited London although getting a ticket was no mean task, with each club normally restricted to 20-25 k in tickets, many real fans lost out in the distribution of cup final tickets.

Never managed to get a ticket for an FA Cup final.
Best I have achieved is a ticket to the first and worst game of the 1966 world cup and final and semi-final tickets to Olympics games football in 2012.

Have managed two Rugby World Cup tickets though.

Never managed to get a ticket for an FA Cup final.
Best I have achieved is a ticket to the first and worst game of the 1966 world cup and final and semi-final tickets to Olympics games football in 2012.

Have managed two Rugby World Cup tickets though.
Had a ticket for Wet Spam v Arsenal (1980?) and for England v Argentina. Swapped it with a real West Ham fan for another Argentina ticket so my mate could go. Would have loved to go to both but not fair for a real fan to miss out. It always disgusted me how many tickets went to non fans.

I am torn with the FA Cup this season. would like to see us progress but would be gutted if we drew a big club away and I couldn't go. the highlight of the FA Cup run is that hope of a big day out at one of the real big boys.

The rules might have changed but in the earlier rounds Maidstone (Who aren't allowed Fans) were drawn away to a lower league club who were allowed fans. The FA banned Maidstone fans two days before the event even though the tickets had already been issued, on the basis that Maidstone were too far up the pyramid to be allowed fans. Absolutely ridiculous.