FA Cup | Vital Football

FA Cup

They’ll take it seriously as well because they want a trophy in honour of their late chairman. It could get really messy!

At least the King Power is a nice ground to visit, the 0-2 win when Ormerod did the business was one of my favourite away days back in those promotion years under Jewell. “Are you watching Matt McCann”.

Tis a good draw for us, away and keep the scoreline below 9 and it will be respectable.

Imagine what Cook is going to be like in the pre match interviews - he bigs up every championship struggler as if they are Barcelona so he'll probably say Leicester are a team of God's and we will forfit out of respect to our superiors as 'with this group of players' we can't expect to compete and we need to focus on our battle to finish 23rd ahead of Barnsley. He will say it's brilliant to see the King Power Stadium bouncing, it's an unforgiving cup draw and all you Latics fans expecting us to only let in 9 have unrealistic expectations.

I really hope Vardy is rested, imo he is the best striker in the PL on current form.

If we do better than Southampton did when they played Leicester I’ll be happy 😅 😉.

Imagine what Cook is going to be like in the pre match interviews - he bigs up every championship struggler as if they are Barcelona so he'll probably say Leicester are a team of God's and we will forfit out of respect to our superiors as 'with this group of players' we can't expect to compete and we need to focus on our battle to finish 23rd ahead of Barnsley. He will say it's brilliant to see the King Power Stadium bouncing, it's an unforgiving cup draw and all you Latics fans expecting us to only let in 9 have unrealistic expectations.

“It’s a tough, tough competition - teams like Wigan are lucky to be playing in the FA Cup third round.

“Leicester are a huge club with great history in this tournament - they’ve never won it but they’ve made the final four times before, so that tells you what we’re up against.

“I think Wigan fans should be very pleased and feel incredibly lucky to see their team competing against former finalists of this competition.”

Some call it giving the opposition respect, some call it putting the fear of god into your own players. Cook seems to overdo the 1st thus ending up with the latter. It's a balancing act he's never mastered.

Some call it giving the opposition respect, some call it putting the fear of god into your own players. Cook seems to overdo the 1st thus ending up with the latter. It's a balancing act he's never mastered.

It's not hard though, you just say something like 'every team in this division will have some good player and can hurt you if you aren't prepared and on your game. So it's our job to make sure we are ready for the challenges they pose and go out there and try and impose ourselves on them rather than allow them to do that to us. If we do that we believe we can compete with anyone at this level and we shouldn't show any fear.'

At the forum Cook had one part that set alarm bells ringing for me, he said something along the lines of sometimes the opposition don't let us play how we want to and that is where we have issues - it came accross like we could only play well if the opposition set up in a way that doesn't expose our weaknesses and allowed us to play to our strengths. I can't remember the exact wording and maybe he mispoke or i misinterpreted what he said, but it did come accross a bit like are were relying on the other team setting up in a way that suited us if we want to get results rather than relying on ourselves to work out how to overcome teams set up in a way that doesn't suit us. Everything from Cook seems to suggest an inferiority complex and fear of the opposition and no genuine confidence in ourselves.

Even Leicesters second team will do a job on us which is quite a worry. And away as well ... we've no chance :(

Anyway, who even cares about the FA Cup?! Little teams like ours won't ever win it, and its a mickey mouse competition :ROFLMAO:

TV fixtures announced today, we are not one of them (thank goodness).

I did notice looking at the fixtures that the London police and BTP may well have their hands full that weekend (I think some of these games will definitely get moved)

Hitting

Charlton Athletic 15:01 West Bromwich Albion
Chelsea 15:01 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 15:01 Aston Villa
Brentford 15:01 Stoke City
Crystal Palace 15:01 Derby County
Watford 15:01 Tranmere Rovers

Queens Park Rangers 15:01 Swansea City
Millwall 15:01 Newport County

Brighton & Hove Albion 15:01 Sheffield Wednesday