FA Cup - United Next | Vital Football

FA Cup - United Next

USAFSPURS

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
So looks like our already pretty tough run in for league play will now include United and most likely Chavs for FA Cup.

If we are going to win this damn thing we are going to have to earn in now!!

I say go big or go home, strongest line up from here on out. We need to win the FA cup and finish 2nd or 3rd in league.

Somehow, manure suits us. And if Mourinho keeps up his good run with unsettling everybody in and around that club, they should be more than beatable as they are not playing as a team these days...

It's the soulless Chelski that worries. They look like they have got their sh*t together again now and they always seem difficult for us to handle, especially in cups.

I think we are playing better than Utd, my worry is Jose has a habit, well Utd have a habit of winning when they have to.....and yes I know that didn't work out in the CL.... Whilst we are now used to playing at Wembley, in many respects it is a 2nd home for them anyway.....

I would hope that Lucas get some more mins under his belt before then, guessing Harry will be on the bench at most..... So do we play the team that beat Swans or the team that (minus Harry) that played Juve?

For example Sissoko played well, in fact in parts he was dominant, could he do that against Utd, we know Moose can...

Vorm did well when he needed to.....but should Lloris come back for this?

Guess the questions are not ofr today, in 3 weeks or so we will see where we are, who is available etc etc Until then lets make fools of Chelski on April 1st

total spurs - 19/3/2018 18:27

I think we are playing better than Utd, my worry is Jose has a habit, well Utd have a habit of winning when they have to.....and yes I know that didn't work out in the CL.... Whilst we are now used to playing at Wembley, in many respects it is a 2nd home for them anyway.....

I would hope that Lucas get some more mins under his belt before then, guessing Harry will be on the bench at most..... So do we play the team that beat Swans or the team that (minus Harry) that played Juve?

For example Sissoko played well, in fact in parts he was dominant, could he do that against Utd, we know Moose can...

Vorm did well when he needed to.....but should Lloris come back for this?

Guess the questions are not ofr today, in 3 weeks or so we will see where we are, who is available etc etc Until then lets make fools of Chelski on April 1st

Good questions on which players...

Other than Vorm & Sissoko, it is basically our full strength line up anyway, except for Kane. So may not be a massive factor...

Dembele over Sissoko... Would have to be! Much as I don't mind him at CM, especially when he plays like he did vs Swansea, Dembele on form is best in that position in the league. Sissoko wouldn't get in any top sides first XI.

I'd prefer Hugo but understand if it has to be Vorm due to the agreement he plays cup games (be gutted if I were club captain and didn't get to play in the final) although Hugo started in our last semi so maybe that rumour is nonsense.

Full backs are the next conundrum!

Strongest line up for Chavs and get them 8 points behind.

Then strongest line up for Mancs and get into the final.

No pissing about now. We are into the business emd now.
Providing the players get through the international break unscathed then it has to be the strongest team certainly for these 2 games.

Chelsea Man Utd final written all over it.

If we manage to get past Utd we certainly ain't beating them wankers in the final.

I'd rather have played Chelsea in the Semi, cos if we did manage to beat them I'd be far more confident facing Utd in the final. :10:

Real Deal - 21/3/2018 07:49

No excuses win the damn trophy. We have had an easy run up until this point.

Makes no difference how easy we've had it when we now face 2 of the best cup teams about. If we manage to win the trophy from here we would have deserved it.

I'm sure 2 of arsenals cup wins they had it fairly easy every single bloody round

Jose will park the bus and try to hit us on the break.

He is under pressure and when he is he goes back to what he is best at.

I hope we dont fall into the trap.

Kinygerbils - 21/3/2018 09:04

Tactically, he's smarter and more experienced than Poch and knows how to suffociate a team that plays the press and possession based game.

As much as so many here think we have to come out firing on all cylinders from the get go in every game - this is a game for being measured, prudent and very aware of their tactical approach.

I would prefer we stuck with a 3-4-3 with the wingbacks playing a more reserved role so that when needed, we can shift into a 5 at the back, but transition quickly, as we did against Swansea.

I wouldn't start Harry.

Palmover - 21/3/2018 09:59

"Spurs have got to be the best in the land, not the second best" - Bill Nicholson. Is this a true quote?

He said it, that and a bunch of other stirring stuff:

From White Hart Lane: The Spurs Glory Years 1899-2017: Bills quotes:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=sO1zDQAAQBAJ&pg=PT52&lpg=PT52&dq=%22Spurs+have+got+to+be+the+best+in+the+land,+not+the+second+best%22&source=bl&ots=o48VuDFtFM&sig=YK-JKJJBYtr9ZYEJyfuBbD3iPa0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwift6Dwl_3ZAhURa8AKHUYTCEYQ6AEIPjAC#v=onepage&q=%22Spurs%20have%20got%20to%20be%20the%20best%20in%20the%20land%2C%20not%20the%20second%20best%22&f=false

I think it is more pertinent considering the mass of OTT praise Lamela receives on here, to back it up & show if he has what it takes against utd.

RichmondSpur - 21/3/2018 10:19

I think it is more pertinent considering the mass of OTT praise Lamela receives on here, to back it up & show if he has what it takes against utd.

I think they all have to do that, or as a team we risk being labelled perienial under achievers and flat track bullies...

Spursex - 21/3/2018 09:17

Kinygerbils - 21/3/2018 09:04

Tactically, he's smarter and more experienced than Poch and knows how to suffociate a team that plays the press and possession based game.

As much as so many here think we have to come out firing on all cylinders from the get go in every game - this is a game for being measured, prudent and very aware of their tactical approach.

I would prefer we stuck with a 3-4-3 with the wingbacks playing a more reserved role so that when needed, we can shift into a 5 at the back, but transition quickly, as we did against Swansea.

I wouldn't start Harry.

I concur.

Watch back the league game when we won 2-0.

We got over excited when we scored early and lost our shape - they could have been 2-1 up till we calmed down.

Why can't we win this cup? Our team is more than good enough. Our manager is more than good enough. We feel more at home at Wembley now. So what excuses do we have?

Matic - 21/3/2018 15:09

Why can't we win this cup? Our team is more than good enough. Our manager is more than good enough. We feel more at home at Wembley now. So what excuses do we have?

Oh we are definitely good enough...now it is about confidence and knowing we are good enough.