FA Cup Replay - Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Middlesbrough FC | Vital Football

FA Cup Replay - Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Middlesbrough FC

D

Departed

Jonathon Woodgate and The Smoggies stand in the way of our last hope for a trophy.

Sonny is back. Will that fire up the side?

No pissing about with this in my opinion.
We have to assume Harry will be out so either Son plays up top or we play Parrott up top with Son.

80, Appreciate all the match articles/threads.

A genuine question... what's the relevance of the opposition's stadium capacity in the titles?

Vorm
Serge. Sanchez. Toby. Sess.
Foyth. Siss. Gio.Lamela.
Parrot. Son.
Subs: Whiteman. Kwp. Jan. Dier. Dele. Winksy

Assumed ndom and Harry unfit. Love to see Foyth in m/f SO he isn't a last man, I think the guy has talent and would hate us to give up on him....he isn't a central defender, but as a R/B or in m/f I reckon he could do a more than decent job.

Boro are playing well and this is going to be a tough game....in fact the way we are playing Canvey Island would be a tough game.

Welcome to Embarrassments’R’Us...if he puts out a ‘strong’ team, most will still be knackered from the Christmas games....as there doesn’t seem a lot of difference between our ‘strong team’ and our backup team, probably safest to rest our better players ( whoever they are) and give some youngsters a chance....it’s not as if they will have to learn any tactics...forward players run around a bit...defenders lump the the ball forward.

Alli looked on his last legs and had that recent hamstring problem, Verts looked drained of any energy, Moura has energy but doesn’t know how to use it to control a football, Kane is out, LoCo probably needs a rest and anyway won’t be missed much, Sissoko needs a rest and of course Kane is out...so who to bring in.....Tanganga for Verts, Winks and Skipp in MF, Parrot and Son up front, leave Eriksen in and there must be a RB in the junior teams somewhere to replace Aurier....maybe the tea lady would be up for it.

Well hell...the blueprint is out there on how to beat us...and it is a VERY simple blueprint. High pressure will force us to turn the ball over after 1 pass because we suck at the basics of football. (you know passing, etc...) Even though we field 5 midfielders we will concede the midfield immediately to the other team because winning the midfield is not important...LOL And don't worry about our attack...we may get one shot near the goal each half. After that easy peasy lemon squeezy for the opposing team. Not even that hard really...

Seriously though...I like Jose and I think he can turn this around, but the fuckers on the pitch need to look in the damn mirror and show some pride.

I think Jose should try either Sanchez and Vertonghen together for this one or Toby and Tanganga. My preference is the latter so Vertonghen gets a rest.

I'd then maintain Aurier and Sess at full-back and get Winks re-instated in the midfield.

Son clearly has to play and it's possible that a flat track bully like Moura might be worth a starting place. I'd probably give Lamela a start as well.

I think Jose should try either Sanchez and Vertonghen together for this one or Toby and Tanganga. My preference is the latter so Vertonghen gets a rest.

I'd then maintain Aurier and Sess at full-back and get Winks re-instated in the midfield.

Son clearly has to play and it's possible that a flat track bully like Moura might be worth a starting place. I'd probably give Lamela a start as well.

Flat track bullies don't score hat tricks in CL semi finals.

Jose has always taken the domestic cups seriously and it's the only opportunity he has of winning anything with us this season. Given also that Middlesborough have just had two very good away wins at West Brom and Preston, I'm sure he'll be looking at fielding what he considers a very strong side. And as we're not in the League Cup semis this year the players will have a couple of midweeks free in January for recovery time. I would expect to see a team looking something like this:

Gazza
KWP Toby Sanchez Sessegnon
Dier Winks
Lamela Lo Celso Moura
Son

Do we seriously think we have a chance of winning this cup this season. If not, play kids and fringe,
at least that is a positive.

Vorm, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, CCV, Sess, Winks, Clarke, Skipp, Son, Parrott.

If he plays this team he would deserve to be sacked.

As strong as possible...

Gazza, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Jan, Dier, Winks, Moura, Dele, Lo Celso, Son

I'm worried even with that team we will struggle to get the job done though

Personally I don't think there is a great deal of merit in winning the domestic cups these days. And other than the fact that I want Spurs to win every game they play, I wouldn't normally be too bothered how far we go in these competitions.

But Mourinho is a winner. He's of the school that winning breeds winning. And as such he takes every trophy and every game seriously.

Given the state of disaarray we are in I think it would be very demoralising to be knocked out of the cup and effectively ending our season in the first week of January. So if nothing else beating Middlesbrough would be a confidence booster. It would also buy us some time. A couple of easy rounds and by March things may look different. I think the club at the very least has a duty to try.

There's also a need for players like Lo Celso and Sesegnon to get some game time. Likewise Dier and Lamela to regain fitness. KWP, if he's still in the fold, needs to get on the pitch, if nothing else to provide competition for Aurier.

And finally there's the fans. It's a long schlep to Middlebrough. They deserve some respect.

I'd be amazed if we didn't have a very strong team on Sunday.