FA Cup - No Gordon Road for Gills | Page 3 | Vital Football

FA Cup - No Gordon Road for Gills

Deciding against attending is not the same as refusing to attend.
What the club are offering is no longer attractive enough for me to bother going. Supporters have minds of their own and will make decisions based on what is best for them.

Accusations of throwing toys out of the pram are childish in themselves.

Deciding against attending is not the same as refusing to attend.
What the club are offering is no longer attractive enough for me to bother going. Supporters have minds of their own and will make decisions based on what is best for them.

Accusations of throwing toys out of the pram are childish in themselves.

I could understand it if you are disabled and need a seat at the front row or something like that, and there may be certain other exceptions where you need to sit close to someone you know (but even then you could always buy tickets together for this game), but in general one seat is much like another in the ground.
The views vary of course, so maybe a good chance here to pick a seat on the halfway line if you are usually sat in a corner- turn the situation into a positive.
Anyway just my opinion, I guess some people are too set in their ways to try something different.

Once again, this is nothing to do with where you sit. Most posters on here like me have been going for a long time and have stood or sat in all areas of the ground including areas that no longer exist. We have also sat in the one stand scenario.

Eliminating the noise from your own supporters by mixing them all in another stand is short sighted, it works away as the noisier supporters normally manage to get together, at home it is dreadfull.
Or maybe somone can remind us of when it worked.

I could understand it if you are disabled and need a seat at the front row or something like that, and there may be certain other exceptions where you need to sit close to someone you know (but even then you could always buy tickets together for this game), but in general one seat is much like another in the ground.
The views vary of course, so maybe a good chance here to pick a seat on the halfway line if you are usually sat in a corner- turn the situation into a positive.
Anyway just my opinion, I guess some people are too set in their ways to try something different.

This is about what people want not what they absolutely need.

I’ve sat in every stand in the ground so moving to the Medway Stand is not a new experience. From experience I can confirm that for me it is an inferior alternative. With other commitments on a Saturday I always have to weigh up whether I should go to the games. At the moment the scales aren't tipping favourably.

Good luck to you though and can't wait to hear all about your new life-affirming experience of sitting in a different seat after the game.

I generally think people are too quick to criticise the club on every little issue, however Larks reference to disabled supporters is one area where the club are poor.
Anyone using a wheel chair or electric scooter get stuck in the walkway at the front of the Medway stand, this must be as uncomfortable for them as it is for all the people who have to navigate past them. What is wrong with removing the front row of seats and concrete plinth in one block to accommodate wheelchairs, it would be better for them as well as keeping the walkway clear.

p.s. we aren't exactly struggling for capacity.

This is about what people want not what they absolutely need.

I’ve sat in every stand in the ground so moving to the Medway Stand is not a new experience. From experience I can confirm that for me it is an inferior alternative. With other commitments on a Saturday I always have to weigh up whether I should go to the games. At the moment the scales aren't tipping favourably.

Good luck to you though and can't wait to hear all about your new life-affirming experience of sitting in a different seat after the game.

Well I sit in the Medway Stand anyway so it won’t be anything new for me, and like you, I’ve sat/stood in all the different stands over the years.
Interested to know why you prefer the Gordon Road Stand? The only thing it has over the Medway for me is that you don’t get the sun in your eyes, but as a consequence it’s also the coldest stand to sit in!

Dissapointed to find that on day one of 'Season ticket' holders only, that they meant season ticket holders from any where within the stadium. As a result me and several others have been spread apart.
Shirley, Medway Stand ST's should have had first priority, followed by ST's from other parts of the ground.

Well I sit in the Medway Stand anyway so it won’t be anything new for me, and like you, I’ve sat/stood in all the different stands over the years.
Interested to know why you prefer the Gordon Road Stand? The only thing it has over the Medway for me is that you don’t get the sun in your eyes, but as a consequence it’s also the coldest stand to sit in!

Christ no! I would take the Medway Stand over the Gordon Road. I’m resident in the Rainham End which I firmly believe is the stand you would open if you were going to only have one. I’ve watched a couple of games from the Medway, the advantages being to witness the going’s on on the bench or to go to the upper and appreciate more how the team is set up.
Both options still a poor matchday experience compared to the Rainham End IMO. And I don’t appreciate having to sit down.

Medway stand? No thanks, there is a library 400 yards up the road from where I live, it's open most days and free to get in. Why pay £15 for the same experience plus a 70 mile round trip.

If England got to the World Cup final and it was only broadcast on ITV, would you refuse to watch it because you prefer the pundits on BBC?

Change is the enemy of complacency. Embrace the Medway Stand folks.

For a real supporter it should not matter where you sit, you should just enjoy seeing your team.

Whilst you lot are moaning remember the distance the away supporters are travelling - and if they get a draw do you think they will be moaning about the seats for the replay

Still cannot get the simple point. Its about atmosphere and home crowd advantage not where people have to move to. Most people commenting, like me, already have bought their ticket.

Stands with everyone dotted around a mostly empty stadium or a few singing from the back of the Rainham with loads of empty seats in front of hardly creates a atmosphere

It does when those that want to sing or chant throughout the match are able to do it together, rather than spread about a stand where most people would prefer to concentrate on the game with intent and not want some silly buggers chanting 'You're shit' every five minutes.

when a low crowd for a cup game is expected I fully support the idea of reducing the need for stewards, catering staff, cleaning staff, I do however think it would benefit from a unallocated seating arrangement so groups who want to, can sit together.