FA Cup - No Gordon Road for Gills | Vital Football

FA Cup - No Gordon Road for Gills

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
So the club has decided to close the Rainham End, Brian Moore and have only Hartlepool fans in the Gordon Road Stand. Home fans will be restricted to the Medway Stand.

Not sure that this is a good decision by the Gills. It will be a game reminiscent of those silly midweek worthless cup games that we rarely win, devoid of any atmosphere.

Give away two thousand free tickets to schools or something - unless that undermines the FA Cup rules ?

I`ll have to go to the replay now.

Fuck sake. The club done this a couple of seasons ago when we drew at home to Brackley, atmosphere was awful. The article also says Medway Stand season ticket holders won't have their usual seats reserved. Yet again the club are making it more off putting to go than making it more appealing. Piss poor.

They are also wasting income as people will now be less inclined to go.

Top things that I consider when choosing to go to a game:

1. Work commitments
2. Family commitments
3. Affordability
4. Whether friends will also be going
5. Weather
6. Which opposition?
7. Current form
8. Am I ill?
9. Am I hungover?
10. Will the Gems be performing before the game?
6328. Do I have clean clothes?
6329. Will all 4 stands be open to supporters?

I don’t understand why it is so important for some people to have a certain seat. It’s the same match wherever you sit and will be equally crap or good, that’s football.

So, Hartlepool fans in the GRS; how many do they expect will turn up ffs? I assume from that the Club is anticipating an overall low turn out but to not have fans in the RE is just not right. Surely, the GRS food outlet should be enough for the Hartlepool fans as long as it's fully staffed and stocked.

I don’t understand why it is so important for some people to have a certain seat. It’s the same match wherever you sit and will be equally crap or good, that’s football.
Top things that I consider when choosing to go to a game:

1. Work commitments
2. Family commitments
3. Affordability
4. Whether friends will also be going
5. Weather
6. Which opposition?
7. Current form
8. Am I ill?
9. Am I hungover?
10. Will the Gems be performing before the game?
6328. Do I have clean clothes?
6329. Will all 4 stands be open to supporters?

Hahaha. Each to their own mate, I'd have atmosphere as part of my list. One stand open will make for a shit one. My original point is the club don't make things easy or attractive to fans in terms of tickets for things like this.

Is this the Club's version of austerity? Is Osborne advising PS? Can it be blamed on Brexit?

FA Cup should be something special, it`s a shame that so many appear to have lost interest in it.

Maybe a more "atmospheric" option would have been to keep the RE open and have a portion of the Medway Stand, at the B/Moore end, made available to Hartlepool fans. Probably wouldn`t make too much difference from a stewarding perspective.

Billy Bleach I'm with you on this one. I sit in the Medway Stand with my mates. My 11 year old son comes a couple of times a season but would come more if I took him up the Rainham End as he likes the atmosphere up there. I was going to take him up up the RE for the Hartlepool game as I did in Cup last season v Carlisle but I won't bother going now as he won't want to go.

Strange decision to close the stand most likely to make any noise.
I was looking forward to the game but this is likely to mean I won’t bother. I’m fortunate to be able to stand all game normally. I don’t fancy being forced to sit in the freezing cold in a silent stadium. In fact I’ve decided in writing that last sentence that I won’t bother going. Shame as I’m a fan of the early rounds of the FA Cup.

Hahaha. Each to their own mate, I'd have atmosphere as part of my list. One stand open will make for a shit one. My original point is the club don't make things easy or attractive to fans in terms of tickets for things like this.

Atmosphere is important but if that’s high on your criteria list, then you’d only have made a handful of games since the Championship days?!?

I think it would be an interesting experiment to have non-segregation. Put away fans in with us. Are there any rules against this?

Atmosphere is important but if that’s high on your criteria list, then you’d only have made a handful of games since the Championship days?!?

I think it would be an interesting experiment to have non-segregation. Put away fans in with us. Are there any rules against this?

Come on mate I'm not expecting a 8,000 crowd with non stop singing but only one stand open will be like a pre season friendly. A half full Rainham End is better than nothing, that's what gives us home advantage.

I was never going to this game anyway as I am away that weekend but its a shame not to open the RE.

I do get the small crowd argument but to be honest how much extra is it for a couple of extra turnstile operators, stewards and catering. You could open half the turnstiles and half the catering outlets if that's the issue. If 100 people don't bother due to this then that's probably the cost saving lost.

Interesting that ST holders can't reserve their own seats in the Medway. Remind me again why people have season tickets?

Hope we get through and hope we have another home in the second round so I can have a proper moan then

Strange decision to close the stand most likely to make any noise.
I was looking forward to the game but this is likely to mean I won’t bother. I’m fortunate to be able to stand all game normally. I don’t fancy being forced to sit in the freezing cold in a silent stadium. In fact I’ve decided in writing that last sentence that I won’t bother going. Shame as I’m a fan of the early rounds of the FA Cup.

Pretty much my thoughts entirely. As a league one club we should be aiming for the 3rd round and a potential money spinning tie. At least leave the home end open to give us some advantage . If money is an issue only open a few kiosks and let everyone know that well in advance on social media and the offical website that some will be shut. Surely people can go without noodles for 90 mins?