Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Reasons why Pools won't win
Exeter are going well in FL2
It's a long journey
There'll be TV cameras in attendance
The game has been moved to a Sunday
The game kicks off at an unnatural time -2 o'clock

Well my pessimism was almost justified, looks like Pools didn't get started until after 3 o'clock.
Still as the BBC has it manager Craig Hignett is pleased!

I must say OP, I was quietly pessimistic though deep down I was hoping particularly with a manager as capable as Dave Challinor in charge. This team never gives up and what a pleasure it says to be able to say that. It is the third round draw tomorrow so I am expecting something like QPR away(if we win the replay which is by no means a forgone conclusion). I must day it is good being a Poolie these days. Thanks Dave Challinor.

Looking forward to tonight's draw.
No doubt if we get a plum away tie, Liverpool or Newcastle, Pools will conspire to lose the replay.
More likely it'll be a poor away draw to Cardiff or Swansea, and we'll still lose the replay!

Oxford are a decent side, better than Exeter. I said it before and I will say it again: the football gods have it in for us. Even if we beat Exeter (we are poor at home) we are away at Oxford, what a crappy uninteresting tie. Lets focus on getting into the play offs.

Not able to get to tonight's game, though I doubt I'll be missing much!
Think the wheels are starting to come loose on Pools season and by 5 o'clock on Saturday we'll only have the prospect of avoiding relegation to look forward too.

What a result. £54,000 in the bank and a clean sheet. Fantastic stuff. Only down side is an injury to Luke James which we could do without. Congratulations to Dave Challinor and the Pools lads.