FA Cup Draw | Vital Football

FA Cup Draw

Warrington Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Right who do we really want an away game at the likes of Man U or Chelsea where we make some fantastic money but realistically we will get beat or do we want a home draw against Millwall or Boro which we would have a chance of winning??

I desperately want to avoid Millwall either home or away. I don't want that rabble winding up our more intellectually challenged 'fans' up and potentially sullying what has been the most uplifting chapter of our history.

Them aside, anyone at home a first choice, followed by Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham or Chelsea away (obviously some of those have work to do in the 5th round yet though).

The thing is, having seen what we did against Burnley, we can go to pretty much any tie and think we're in with a chance. Middlesborough away for example would not be such a bad 'second' choice if we failed to get a home tie or one of the big boys away.

1 Lincoln City

2 Fulham or Tottenham Hotspur

3 Blackburn Rovers or Manchester United

4 Sutton United or Arsenal

5 Middlesbrough

6 Chelsea

7 Huddersfield Town or Manchester City

8 Millwall

NottyImp - 19/2/2017 08:38

Home draw against a team we can beat. We've banked the money, let's get to the semis.

I really haven't come to terms with all this yet... Lincoln City are one game away from the semi-finals of the FA Cup...!!!

Unbelievable an incredible times.

And I think we'd be in with a shout against anyone, particularly at home. Arsenal's creaky defence and spineless midfield against Rhead, Woodyard and co at Sincil Bank? There's no way they'd be fancying that. Just thinking of Ozil, Giroud and co getting a hammering from our lads is making me think Arsenal are my number 1 choice... home or away... (if they get past Sutton... and that's far from a given)

79imp - 19/2/2017 08:45

NottyImp - 19/2/2017 08:38

Home draw against a team we can beat. We've banked the money, let's get to the semis.

I really haven't come to terms with all this yet... Lincoln City are one game away from the semi-finals of the FA Cup...!!!

Unbelievable an incredible times.

And I think we'd be in with a shout against anyone, particularly at home. Arsenal's creaky defence and spineless midfield against Rhead, Woodyard and co at Sincil Bank? There's no way they'd be fancying that. Just thinking of Ozil, Giroud and co getting a hammering from our lads is making me think Arsenal are my number 1 choice... home or away... (if they get past Sutton... and that's far from a given)

I know, just typing that was ridiculous! But it *is* possible.

As Sincilbanks said about Burnley "I've given up predicting who we can't beat in the FA Cup".

I may never get the chance to post this again, so I'm going to go ahead anyway... Think I'm right in saying we might only be 2 games away from Europe...???!! (e.g. if we got to the final and played a team already qualified for Europe?)

Do you think we could be excused from the Checkatrade Trophy if that happened??

If my father was still alive he would not believe that Lincoln could possibly be in the last eight of the FA Cup, I agree with other posters Millwall are the team to avoid they are beatable but it is all the baggage that goes with their games partial The Den.

Must admit would love to see one of the big boys home or way would be wonderful to see The Imps run out at either Man U or Arsenal but feel we will draw either Millwall or Boro as we never draw a big boy!!!

I've just done a practice draw
Millwall v Sutton/Arsenal
Lincoln City v Chelsea
Middlesbro v Blackburn/Man Utd
Fulham/Tottenham v Man City/Huddersfield

"A lot of people have told me it's impossible but impossible is just an opinion, it's not a fact". Danny Cowley quote before the Burnley match.

It's amazing to think how disappointed we were when we drew Ipswich in round three. We all wanted Man United, but if we'd drawn them we'd have lost and never experienced this incredible run. I'm gonna take it in my stride whoever we get.

Snats - 19/2/2017 09:11

It's amazing to think how disappointed we were when we drew Ipswich in round three. We all wanted Man United, but if we'd drawn them we'd have lost and never experienced this incredible run. I'm gonna take it in my stride whoever we get.

You're right. The words are in the song
QUE SERA SERA
WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE
WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY,
QUE SERA SERA

My practice draw game as:

Blackburn Rovers or Manchester United  V Sutton or Man U
Fulham or Tottenham Hotspur v Huddersfield Town or Manchester City 
Millwall v Chelsea
Lincoln City V Middlesborough

Man Utd away, make even more loads of money, have a great day out for you supporters and go out with your heads held high.
Just as long as the league form doesn't suffer too much. I wrote a few weeks ago about Leeds eight years ago going into a massive decline after winning at Old Trafford. The achievements of the Cowleys have surpassed anything anyone could have dreamt of. But if they can keep the players' minds and bodies in shape to win THE prize - The National League Title - it will be their greatest accomplishment.

Millwall away would be grim, Sutton or Arsenal away would set their game on Monday up very nicely. UTI.

If an away game I think everyone would love to get Man U for the biggest pay day and a cracking ground and club to experience competitively.
If a home game I'd like to see Chelsea visit the Bank. Conte and Co at a pumping SB would be awesome!

danimps21 - 19/2/2017 11:04

Man utd away please ha 75 thousand capacity over 10 thousand imps can go to that!

That ^^^

And Man U are not the force they used to be...

I'm even more convinced that "doing a Lincoln" will enter common usage...