FA Cup - Blackburn Away | Page 4 | Vital Football

FA Cup - Blackburn Away

I’m assuming Keyes (sic) and Ferdinand would appreciate that the worst player in Newcastle’s history was offside when he scored. If that’s correct, well who am I to argue.

Teheeee heeeeeeeeteeee heeeeee

Watford will be shitting themselves after that.The fans will be happy though.Another chance to fill Ashleys pockets in the next round.

The gate receipts used to get split 3 ways years ago. The 2 teams and the FA getting a third each after expenses. I think it's changed since then and I think Rexn said what happens now but it escapes me.

Got the tail end of the game in some bar in Prudhoe alongside the tory bloodbath,10 years down the line & clinging on,what does it take to shoe these fuckers into touch?

Words fail me on that performance last night. Murphy beyond shite, gets worse every appearance. Joselu, poor fucker, for gods sake put him out of his misery Rafa. Lascelles, is rubbish, not fit to lace (for example) Williamsons boots, and now attitude problems too? Happy days. I could go on. The good news? 2 young uns look like they might be decent championship prospects, FCB will be annoyed that we won, and at least "the lads" have a good excuse now ready for when they inevitably fail to put Cardiff to bed. "But we were tired". The games up lads.

The gate receipts used to get split 3 ways years ago. The 2 teams and the FA getting a third each after expenses. I think it's changed since then and I think Rexn said what happens now but it escapes me.
The current format varies by round. From gate receipts, costs are deducted, including visitors' travel costs, policing, stewards etc.

Up to 3rd round, equal split between clubs.
3rd-6th rounds, 45% each to the two clubs, 10% to pool. On replays, 42.5% each to clubs, 5% to FA and 10% to pool.

It gets more interesting. If a non-league club is involved, the split changes, non-league club 50%, league club 40%, replays is 47.5% and 37.5%.

TV money is around £150k with about half that for replays. and increases after round 6.

For a non-league or lower league club, gate receipts can be hugely significant. One of my golf mates is Director for a League 1 club that had a run a couple of years ago with that setting up training facilities and other investments for years to come, also affecting not selling their best players and able to compete in attracting younger players. Having said that, it is a fraction of the annual wage for an average Premier League player.