FA Cup 3rd Round Draw | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Not a classic 3rd Rd draw but anyone of those would be excellent fodder for the tv masses. Or us had we been drawn away at Rotherham.
I am not saying we should be on the box, this draw is not one for TV for our tie with rotherham, but the fact that no matter who the Rags draw, it will be shown on TV.

I am not saying we should be on the box, this draw is not one for TV for our tie with rotherham, but the fact that no matter who the Rags draw, it will be shown on TV.

I'm not saying we should be on the box either, we are on it loads, more than most other clubs and it's nice to see things shared around. I like to think it is because the BBC/ITV have an anti rag agenda and if an upset occurs they want to make damned sure that they are there to capture U*****'* discomfort/emabarassment/disgrace.

There were mutterings from some sections that it was embarrassing how they are chosen for TV and I forget how many years in a row it is, so you never know, they may be obliged to change it this year.
I’m bringing this forward because my gut feeling was right. The beeb is showing Wolves v Liverpool, not the rags for once.
?

Televised FA Cup 3rd round ties. No prizes for guessing which team features....

Friday, January 4: Tranmere Rovers or Southport vs Tottenham (BT Sport 2 - 7.45pm)

Saturday, January 5: Manchester United vs Reading (BT Sport 2 - 12.30pm)

Saturday, January 5: Solihull Moors or Blackpool vs Arsenal (BT Sport 2 - 5.30pm)

Sunday, January 6: Woking vs Watford (BT Sport 2 - 2pm)

Sunday, January 6: Wrexham or Newport County vs Leicester City (BBC One - 4.30pm)

Monday, January 7: Wolves vs Liverpool (BBC One - 7.45pm)

Klopp has gotten his wish - after his moans about only 48 hours between playing City and then Wolves their game has been pushed back two days.

.....and surprise, surprise (not) the rags are televised again. This makes the total 64 out of the last 65 ties involving the rags in the FA Cup has been shown live.:shake:

?Yes, let us make the rags richer when the Beeb could have taken a lower league at home to a higher division club. Accrington Stanley v Ipswich would have been an ideal giant killer match and put money into the pocket of the needier clubs.

OK show of hands time who thinks Reading will do anything other than losing?

Obvious bias towards the rags but fantastic for the many Reading fans who will be able to watch the match from the comfort of their armchairs/bar stool etc.