FA Cup 3rd Round--Are West Brom ready for plucking by the Mighty Pool? | Vital Football

FA Cup 3rd Round--Are West Brom ready for plucking by the Mighty Pool?

aussie1

Vital Squad Member
We can do this peoples. It is within our grasp. We can pluck them on the 9th of January at Bloomers in the 3rd round tie. Yesterday, West Brom were beaten by Leeds United 0-5 at their home ground and languish 2nd from the bottom of the EPL. 1 win, 5 draws = 8 points. Tis a pity that CJ may be missing due to a hamstring issue though. He was severely missed against the Shrews.
On top of our game I believe we can knock them off. What are your thoughts??

Last edited:
He may not even put a side out at all.....

West Brom boss Sam Allardyce says football needs a break after the Premier League returned its highest number of positive coronavirus results in a single round of tests this season.
On Tuesday, the latest round of Premier League testing found 18 people had the virus.
New coronavirus cases at Fulham mean their Premier League match at Tottenham on Wednesday is in doubt.
"I'm very concerned for myself and football in general," Allardyce said.
Sheffield United have confirmed they had "numerous positive tests" in the latest round of testing.
On Monday, Manchester City's Premier League match at Everton was postponed four hours before kick-off because of a coronavirus outbreak.
Allardyce said a "circuit break" was the "right thing" to do to cope with the outbreak.
"Everyone's safety is more important than anything else," he added after West Brom's 5-0 home defeat by Leeds on Tuesday.
"When I listen to the news that the variant virus transmits quicker than the original virus, we can only do the right thing, which is have a circuit break.
"I am 66 years old and the last thing I want to do is catch Covid.
"As much as we're getting tested - we had one positive this week - it seems to be creeping round. No matter how hard we try, no matter how many times we get tested, how we wear our masks, how we sanitise our hands, we're still catching a lot infections round the country.
"If that helps [circuit breaker], let's do it and let the season run a little longer when we get through it."

I'm very concerned for myself and football in general," .
Allardyce said
"Everyone's safety is more important than anything else,"
"I am 66 years old and the last thing I want to do is catch Covid. No matter how hard we try, no matter how many times we get tested, how we wear our masks, how we sanitise our hands, we're still catching a lot infections round the country.

Leading from the front as always......
Screenshot_20201230-145551_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201230-145633_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201230-145712_Samsung Internet.jpg

And if all else fails......
Screenshot_20201230-145834_Samsung Internet.jpg

I heard Aud Sam's words of wisdom on the BBC World News as I lay in bed this morning and thought to myself he's perhaps trying to buy time so he can make changes when the transfer window opens and to do work with his squad. Also, sounds like he doesn't want to face Pool in the FA Cup at the moment and fears we may just do what I'm suggesting--that we can beat them. I really hope that the game still goes ahead and if a circuit breaker is being considered, that it is put on the back burner for a few more weeks. Good on yer Sam.

Last edited:
cracking stat here..
  • West Brom are the first side to lose consecutive home Premier League games by at least four goals since Wigan in August 2010.
West Brom 0-4 Arsenal ... manager Sam Allardyce: "Another game gone by where we learn more about the players we have. We have learnt an awful lot about what we can and cannot do.
"We need to work out a way of not trying to be as sloppy as we have been at conceding goals. It appears when we try to open up we leave opportunities for the opposition and we cannot cope."

Think this game comes at a good time, two shit results for us in the league and bar their draw at Liverpool they are conceding and shipping goals.

All the pressure on them and none on us whatsoever.

Fancy us to nick at least a draw.

Sam Allardyce drops West Brom selection hint ahead of Blackpool
West Brom take on Blackpool in the FA Cup on Saturday and fans can expect changes

COMMENTS
ByJoseph Chapman
17:31, 4 JAN 2021UPDATED17:41, 4 JAN 2021

Sam Allardyce has hinted that he will make changes when West Brom take on Blackpool in the FA Cup this weekend.

Albion are able to take their minds off the Premier League when they head to Bloomfield Road to meet with the League One Seasiders, but the league naturally remains the priority and changes are expected to be made to the Baggies’ side on the back of their Hawthorns hammerings to Leeds and Arsenal

That could mean opportunities for a host of players who have been lesser spotted this term under Allardyce and Slaven Bilic.

Charlie Austin, Cedric Kipre, Kamil Grosicki and Filip Krovinovic are among the players who are likely to get a run-out in Lancashire, and all of them will be granted a chance to impress Allardyce and strengthen their claim for more league minutes.

In the meantime, it’s all systems go on the transfer front as the recruitment drive intensifies in order to aid Allardyce’s survival bid.

“We have to come to a conclusion on how we need to go forward - particularly after the FA Cup game against Blackpool because I will see my other players,” Allardyce said, after the heavy defeat to Arsenal over the weekend.

“We have to achieve first and foremost a clean sheet, without that we will find it difficult to get out of this position. That is the first priority for us.

“At the end of January we’ll have a better picture and see what we have been capable of in the window to improve our squad. Everybody needs a boost.

"I’ve always managed with the players we’ve brought in to improve the team and it’s got us out of relegation problems. That’s the way for us to get out of trouble.”

I have a feeling that football may be suspended after Boris' address at 8pm. Unfortunately, I can see enhanced restrictions being put in place and that these will eventually last for at least a couple of months

Sam Allardyce drops West Brom selection hint ahead of Blackpool
West Brom take on Blackpool in the FA Cup on Saturday and fans can expect changes

COMMENTS
ByJoseph Chapman
17:31, 4 JAN 2021UPDATED17:41, 4 JAN 2021

Sam Allardyce has hinted that he will make changes when West Brom take on Blackpool in the FA Cup this weekend.

Albion are able to take their minds off the Premier League when they head to Bloomfield Road to meet with the League One Seasiders, but the league naturally remains the priority and changes are expected to be made to the Baggies’ side on the back of their Hawthorns hammerings to Leeds and Arsenal

That could mean opportunities for a host of players who have been lesser spotted this term under Allardyce and Slaven Bilic.

Charlie Austin, Cedric Kipre, Kamil Grosicki and Filip Krovinovic are among the players who are likely to get a run-out in Lancashire, and all of them will be granted a chance to impress Allardyce and strengthen their claim for more league minutes.

In the meantime, it’s all systems go on the transfer front as the recruitment drive intensifies in order to aid Allardyce’s survival bid.

“We have to come to a conclusion on how we need to go forward - particularly after the FA Cup game against Blackpool because I will see my other players,” Allardyce said, after the heavy defeat to Arsenal over the weekend.

“We have to achieve first and foremost a clean sheet, without that we will find it difficult to get out of this position. That is the first priority for us.

“At the end of January we’ll have a better picture and see what we have been capable of in the window to improve our squad. Everybody needs a boost.

"I’ve always managed with the players we’ve brought in to improve the team and it’s got us out of relegation problems. That’s the way for us to get out of trouble.”

Austin will be fired up that Fat Sam said they didn't have a proven striker.

Elite sport not included in lockdown apparently, but the chairman of Rochdale says a suspension is inevitable with a rising number of cases in league one clubs

Big Sam when was with West Ham spoiled our dream of returning to the Premier League ,we owe him one time in a small way to get a little back knock him out of the cup.Let Justice be done.

Big Sam when was with West Ham spoiled our dream of returning to the Premier League ,we owe him one time in a small way to get a little back knock him out of the cup.Let Justice be done.

I thought it was Karl Oystain who spoiled our dreams by refusing in January to sign the guy who scored the winner against us ? Notwithstanding this, it would be delicious to put one over on Bob Hatton's Fat Gobby Hero.

I thought it was Karl Oystain who spoiled our dreams by refusing in January to sign the guy who scored the winner against us ? Notwithstanding this, it would be delicious to put one over on Bob Hatton's Fat Gobby Hero.
True or you could criticise our misfiring strikers GTF for damaging his ankle but the past is the past let us get something back by beating West Brom.